Action Figure Spiderrogue's custom joe/cobra clothing or gear interest thread...4/26/21

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: custom joe/cobra clothing interest thread..now is the time of the ninja!

Is it me, or would the athletic look weird on an open collar design. The muscles look like its mid deadlift or something. It might b a quibble, but its kind of the same reason I don't like screaming head sculpts. All 1/6items should just fly casually

i agree..i like the heroic one better...more suited for destro...not too big.just big enough to give him the difference he needs...

so are you planning on getting D, and modding him? just curious...and if so..what are your thoughts?

this is spandex on my T800 body...to give you an idea of what it looks like....trying to find something that stretches and looks form fitting isnt the easiest....

sgtslaughterpants3_zpsa0f40f79.jpg

Last edited:

i agree..i like the heroic one better...more suited for destro...not too big.just big enough to give him the difference he needs...

so are you planning on getting D, and modding him? just curious...and if so..what are your thoughts?

Yes, despite my reservations to me Destroy was always the big bad. If CC was the emperor, Destro is Vader, cannot pass him up. I am currently modding my Reveger/Punisher figure and having a blast so I hope to really get into nodding my Joes. I'd love a New head, bigger body, and an alt suit. Will wait tho until I see how others mods are coming out, I'm not great at looking at parts and visualizing how they'll come together

Re: custom joe/cobra clothing interest thread..Destro suits...

i can do something different if needed..i can have you guys send me the body that you want to use and custom fit the suits to them....and ship them back....i dont want to shell out another 40-60 bucks on a body..unless i can barter for one..lol...

a quick mock up of the collar..just to see....the point is just about mid way up the chest...about where it should be...
destrocollar1_zps3515fbc5.jpg

Any body you choose is fine by me, if its only a couple of us doing it, then mass availability isn't a concern.

so this stuff is growing on me..it seems to become dull after awhile..not sure why..maybe the way it's made...but it's not as shiny as my original pics...
destrotest2_zps33386176.jpg

it really isnt as shiny as this pic..trust me...it is more of a dull leather look...
10246270_10201960234622635_4117675046722737011_n_zpsb003ae69.jpg

Last edited:

This material looks best. That shine vinyl looking stuff is way to gimpy and looks bad with the joints.

As for the body, a TTM19 is too small for Desto. He is a big guy. Look at the card art and cartoon. The figure was even 4" compared to 3.75" for everyone else.

this is spandex on my T800 body...to give you an idea of what it looks like....trying to find something that stretches and looks form fitting isnt the easiest....

sgtslaughterpants3_zpsa0f40f79.jpg

actually..that pic of the pants..has other pants under them...so it hides the joints....and actually..the shiny stuff(which really isnt as shiny as my pics)...does a better job covering the joints up then the normal spandex....and by joints..i assume you are talking about the hip area? most tight fitting things are gonna show some stuff..but maybe i can come up with some extra shorts or something to put under this suit....and you know you can have whichever fabric that you want..as long as i have it on hand...lol...

That shiny stuff sucks. Trust me. It works on that bust because, well it's a statue. Not a articulated figure.

Doubled up spandex works. That is what Hot Toys did on Toby Spidey and it works great.

so that's one shiny for EF...who else? lol....

i get what you are saying and can offer up either more or less...and the shiny isnt as bad as you think..im gonna send you this one just so you can see it in person....

I torch it. :lol

You could also prolly rattle can that head silver and it would be better than both of sideshow pathetic attempts.

I agree that the shiny suit would be too s&m. Personally, I think an HT Bane body would work well for Destro. I agree the regular ht muscle body is too small for Destro, but I think the Arnold body or even the KP Heroik is too big.

I actually tried a KP02 body and thought it looked kind of small so I went with the TTM20 and it was better proportioned.

I have my Road Pig on a ttm20, and I just can't see Destro being as big as Road Pig.

Really?

45696.jpg

this was just a quick test..i flipped the shiny stuff over and used the backside of the spandex..it's ok..but i will get new spandex when the time comes...
10273588_10201960898479231_4586116884428991159_n_zps4f399afd.jpg

i hate how the camera makes it look grainy, it's not....and i think it will work great for destro...

and the stuff i want to get is more like this(but in black) it's so much better then reg. spandex..but still is spandex..it covers better and has a better feel to it..trust me..so much nicer...
tompynecustom2_zpsf05c2cbd.jpg

will have to get some cash first before i do..i have to order at least 3 yards of something plus shipping in order to get that stuff...phew....

if you want in on the suit..drop your name here..i need close to 10 people as i can get...
shiny or flat....and what body....im gonna try and see about getting a new body..but want to get one that most of you will be using....

Last edited:

Count me in, shiny suit on the most popular body, don't know which one is best i ll leave that to you the experts

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_242 using Tapatalk

Back