Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raimi’s trilogy had no antidote subplots did it.

Doc Ock was cured by accident on the dock (get it dock ock lol).

Interesting to see Raimi Spiderman being the one pushing MCU Peter to follow thru on his Aunt’s mission of salvation by honoring their power and responsibility connections.

The writers must be born again christians something is up lol

Makes sense he found salvation thru MJ.

This movie da **** yo! (don’t anyone alter that lol).

Last edited:
It reminds me of Matrix Reloaded.

Blah blah blah

Big action set piece (Dock Ock)

Blah blah blah

Meh action set piece (Elecktro)

More blah blah blah...

Really big action set piece (Dr. Strange)

BOOOOOOOOORING......talki talki

Very good action sequence (Goblin)

Tobey and Garfield arrive....blah balh blah

Messy final battle in the same place the X Men fought 22 years ago, but with lots of green screens and CGI, jokes, and lots of sappy moments that makes Return of the King jealous.

Did I miss something?
If your not a spidey fan then I don’t know what to tell ya. If you have been following the character and the movies and grew up with certain characters then you’d get more enjoyment out of it. Seeing this Holland actually interact with street level heroes, throw punches and fight like Spider-Man and got through emotional trauma and loss is great to see as a fan of the character. Seeing returning characters come back and be redeemed after there last entries were lack luster was a joy to watch. If you didn’t like it then damn guess I don’t know what to say to that.

I know people have opnions and all that shizz but this was a damn good Spider-Man film. Not perfect but damn good.

Had a second viewing. God the CGI is awful in this movie, luckily everything else is great, there’s a scene on the bridge where he’s in the Iron Spider suit and waves at a helicopter and the animation of the wave looks like it’s from a PS1 game made by like 3 people.
I would say it’s horribly inconsistent. Some of it is great, but there is a lot of average to poor as well. From memory there is a shot of Peter on the bridge with Ock wrapped up and Holland is composited into the shot with Molina there is a horrible matte line all over Holland.

Marvel do that way too much copy and paste actors into a shot together. It’s bad even in Endgame.

I would say it’s horribly inconsistent. Some of it is great, but there is a lot of average to poor as well. From memory there is a shot of Peter on the bridge with Ock wrapped up and Holland is composited into the shot with Molina there is a horrible matte line all over Holland.

Marvel do that way too much copy and paste actors into a shot together. It’s bad even in Endgame.
It’s super obvious that Tobey wasn’t even in the same room as everyone else when he first comes through, just added him in post.

Villains promo art.
20211220_112548.jpg
20211220_112543.jpg
20211220_112547.jpg
20211220_112545.jpg
20211220_113100.jpg

Say what you will, and it’s of course not the 90s look the majority would have preferred; it is still Ditko accurate.

speaking of which did anyone else spot the ditko graffiti behind Tom and zendaya when they were on the rooftop?

Saw this yesterday. Disappointed in the lack of actual fighting villains - seems like this was definitely a Peter Parker movie first, and he was the main villain lol. If you approach it from that perspective, it’s less disappointing. The scenes with the villains were mostly cool though.

Any scenes with the kids I found terrible, and made me think this was very much a movie made for kids. I’m VERY forgiving with these movies, but the jokes were bad even by MCU standards. People keep telling me Zendaya is such an amazing actress, she’s not. Seeing Aunt May as a trendy hottie with three feet of hair was jarring but nice to look at.

The Lawyer bit was great. Way too little time with the villains. Holland is annoying as hell, but I enjoyed the ending and him having to be on his own without the tech. Weird that they’ve made JJJ into Alex Jones lol.

The Spider-Man action/swinging parts were very cool but for ***** sake keep the masks on more. Dr. Strange is always good, but yeah, he should’ve taken it less easy on Parker considering what was at stake.

Overall, I enjoyed it well enough though.

Saw this yesterday. Disappointed in the lack of actual fighting villains - seems like this was definitely a Peter Parker movie first, and he was the main villain lol. If you approach it from that perspective, it’s less disappointing. The scenes with the villains were mostly cool though.

Any scenes with the kids I found terrible, and made me think this was very much a movie made for kids. I’m VERY forgiving with these movies, but the jokes were bad even by MCU standards. People keep telling me Zendaya is such an amazing actress, she’s not. Seeing Aunt May as a trendy hottie with three feet of hair was jarring but nice to look at.

The Lawyer bit was great. Way too little time with the villains. Holland is annoying as hell, but I enjoyed the ending and him having to be on his own without the tech. Weird that they’ve made JJJ into Alex Jones lol.

The Spider-Man action/swinging parts were very cool but for ***** sake keep the masks on more. Dr. Strange is always good, but yeah, he should’ve taken it less easy on Parker considering what was at stake.

Overall, I enjoyed it well enough though.
Maybe it was the movie going experience~ that made me enjoy this. I’d have to see it for a second time to see how I feel but that’s actually how I felt about Holland’s Spider-Man in general, like they’re movies made for kids. The Ned kid was particularly annoying, imo. And Zendaya is not a good actress, they could’ve gotten anyone to play her role, tbh.

I never enjoyed Tomei as Aunt May, I always thought she was a bit young for that role or too young looking. She’s has a big sister vibe with Peter. During the villain fight with the 3 Spider-Men, I actually had a difficult time keeping track who was who when their masks were on, except Tom Holland lol.

Maybe it was the movie going experience~ that made me enjoy this. I’d have to see it for a second time to see how I feel but that’s actually how I felt about Holland’s Spider-Man in general, like they’re movies made for kids. The Ned kid was particularly annoying, imo. And Zendaya is not a good actress, they could’ve gotten anyone to play her role, tbh.

I never enjoyed Tomei as Aunt May, I always thought she was a bit young for that role or too young looking. She’s has a big sister vibe with Peter. During the villain fight with the 3 Spider-Men, I actually had a difficult time keeping track who was who when their masks were on, except Tom Holland lol.
Yeah, I just felt most of the humor was extremely forced - more than the standard MCU quips. I definitely did laugh in some spot, so I don't want it to seem I didn't enjoy the movie at all.

How did they explain how Electro looked like Jamie Fox now and not the goober he was in the previous movie? I thought AG was a great Spider-Man. Surprisingly, I didn't find it hard to follow who was who in the fight, going into that scene I thought for sure I would.

Yeah, I just felt most of the humor was extremely forced - more than the standard MCU quips. I definitely did laugh in some spot, so I don't want it to seem I didn't enjoy the movie at all.

How did they explain how Electro looked like Jamie Fox now and not the goober he was in the previous movie? I thought AG was a great Spider-Man. Surprisingly, I didn't find it hard to follow who was who in the fight, going into that scene I thought for sure I would.
Because he lost his body and made a new one Dr Manhattan style.

These look absolutely fantastic. Would have been great if they'd have given Electro a higher tech suit (which could have easily been written in given that the machine could have fabricated one). There was some nice fan art bouncing around. However, I do think Marvel/Sony's electricity star mask was truly inspired.

Can't praise this movie enough. 9.5/10.

These look absolutely fantastic. Would have been great if they'd have given Electro a higher tech suit (which could have easily been written in given that the machine could have fabricated one). There was some nice fan art bouncing around. However, I do think Marvel/Sony's electricity star mask was truly inspired.

Can't praise this movie enough. 9.5/10.
Well, their objective was to de-power/"cure" him before sending him back, so making a high tech suit that he could wear to control/use his power wouldn't have made sense.

Well, their objective was to de-power/"cure" him before sending him back, so making a high tech suit that he could wear to control/use his power wouldn't have made sense.
Yeah but didn't he fabricate his power suit AFTER he went bad?

Loved the "I'm a really good lawyer" part.

The suit would have been to draw the power out of his body. There are no parameters to what it would have had to look like.

Yeah but didn't he fabricate his power suit AFTER he went bad?

Loved the "I'm a really good lawyer" part.
The suit was fabricated along with the metering device beforehand, he just took the arc reactor. My point is the depowering suit could have been any design, especially considering it was StarkTech. In fact in many respects that's why you would expect it would have some flair as opposed to looking like a something cobbled together in an auto shop. The AI could have come up with a sort of body containment/mesh design based on the requirements and the fabricator would have spit it out similar to the way it created the suit for Peter in Far From Home. The suit could have still had the built-in meter showing the depowering progress. It wouldn't have broken storytelling logic or continuity. So kind of a missed opportunity IMO.

The suit was fabricated along with the metering device beforehand, he just took the arc reactor. My point is the depowering suit could have been any design, especially considering it was StarkTech. In fact in many respects that's why you would expect it would have some flair as opposed to looking like a something cobbled together in an auto shop. The AI could have come up with a sort of body containment/mesh design based on the requirements and the fabricator would have spit it out similar to the way it created the suit for Peter in Far From Home. The suit could have still had the built-in meter showing the depowering progress. It wouldn't have broken storytelling logic or continuity. So kind of a missed opportunity IMO.
Ah ok. Yeah, totally agree.

I think one of the most exciting parts of this movie is the ending, where PP has to set out on his own, without Stark tech or with the help of the Avengers, etc. I'd also like to think that he falls more in line with the comic version, complete with the REAL MJ that's a red head bombshell. I'm not sure how they would do the photog thing since they've made the Daily Bugle into this Inforwars clone.

Last edited:
Back