Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't get into this multiverse with 3 different Spider-Mans. Maybe just me, but I'd rather see a real crossover multiverse event.

I want to see William Shatner as Captain Kirk along with the original Star Trek crew flying the enterprise through a wormhole from an alternate earth and ending up in the current MCU. Then meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy, and watching Kirk hitting on Gamora with Quill getting mad. :rotfl

I just hope this is like a one and done story line. I don't want the awful Fox Xverse joining in the fun. Like Worgar said, I'd rather new versions of characters rather than bringing them in from the previous iterations. No matter how much I liked them.
Oh you will come around. Seeing Tobey, Holland and Garfield all together and talking Spider-Man stuff and probably fighting some bad guys, oh I'm in. Garfield movies were trash too, yet somehow this is really exciting.

You must've missed the title of the next Dr. Strange movie, Multiverse of Madness. Then in the Loki show, Kang already alluded to see many more versions of him that want to conquer the multiverse. And he is in Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania! AND...supposedly Loki is getting a S2. Buckle up buddy, multiverse train is about to board!

Well Disney owns all but Sony characters, so maybe this was the best way to do it in collaboration. The Fox X-Men always sucked for me and would rather they have a new roster with new actors. But...there is Deadpool 3 that is happening under Disney so theres that too. They could bring in the previous actors, yet not acknowledge their previous movies. Remember that Holland is the MCU Spider-Man and they are just showing more Spider-Men. I ponder these things too much and best to probably let the movie decide what the hell is going on.

Those who say this will be a bloated nostalgic fan service pointless lazy work surely did not watch Into the Spiderverse, the best spiderman movie made so far. The way I look at it is Marvel and Sony have a one in a lifetime chance to pull this off since all the key players are still alive and I will love them to death for having the balls to do so critics be damned. Not everything has to be boring OG **** like Eternals. Sometimes, a product that acknowledges and pays tribute to its past while also setting the stage for exciting new directions can be the catharsis we need after a truly awful past two years.

Yea while I don’t think into the spiderverse is the best Spider-Man movie it showed you can do a film like that and it can still be good. Plus let’s be honest. Who here would even give a crap if it wasn’t for the other Spider-Men and villains? I tolerate Tim Holland but I’d be way less excited for a film of him being hunter by kraven. His roster of villains he fought have been meh at best.

This might be Feige's last shot with Spider-Man. While HC was good, FFH was eh and honestly an entire "fake out" movie, time to give the last one all you got. Maybe a stretch to think 1 Spider-Man can realistically take on 6 villains, and why recast Molina and DaFoe? Foxx is a big name, just bring them all back by using Strange and throw everything and the kitchen sink at it. Hopefully, that spoiler today might just be a taste of what else might be in store for it.

BTW you can say Into the Spider-Verse did it first, oh but no. This OG knows Spider-Man The Animated Series did it first. Lots of Spideys that were inspired by the Clone Saga and instead of Strange it was Madame Web that brought them together.

af99d7a2ab69653f68be77d3a51a0dcc.jpg

This might be Feige's last shot with Spider-Man. While HC was good, FFH was eh and honestly an entire "fake out" movie, time to give the last one all you got. Maybe a stretch to think 1 Spider-Man can realistically take on 6 villains, and why recast Molina and DaFoe? Foxx is a big name, just bring them all back by using Strange and throw everything and the kitchen sink at it. Hopefully, that spoiler today might just be a taste of what else might be in store for it.

BTW you can say Into the Spider-Verse did it first, oh but no. This OG knows Spider-Man The Animated Series did it first. Lots of Spideys that were inspired by the Clone Saga and instead of Strange it was Madame Web that brought them together.

We are talkin bout movies man. Not TV episodes.

Yes lots of people think the multiverse is new and is a miles thing but it's been a thing for years.

Those who say this will be a bloated nostalgic fan service pointless lazy work surely did not watch Into the Spiderverse, the best spiderman movie made so far.

I never saw that cartoon, and I doubt I ever will. I just found the character designs so thoroughly off-putting I couldn't imagine trying to sit through 90 minutes of it. I didn't like bum Spider-Man's ugly elongated features, and the fact that he has mismatched socks and shoes and shovels food into his face and burps and farts and stuff in the trailer just turned me off.

I also thought that recent CGI family cartoon about the family that fights the robots had similarly intentionally hideous character design. I guess it's just part of modern animation.

I don't get why so many people like the Sony animated Into the Spiderverse movie. I don't care for it, and not because it was animated. I can't even bring myself to give it a 2nd viewing. It was ok for an animated movie, but there are far better animated cartoon versions than this. I also found the animation a bit distracting. Some city/background scenes looked realistic, then others looked cartoony. Was all over the place for me.

I didn't like ANY of the characters other than Miles and Gwen. And while having Spider-Ham and the anime robot thing and girl was "fun" to see, trying to do them in live action would've been laughable. Fat Peter Parker was just a loser and an ass, and the noir guy was a bit strange.

And the villain interpretations were awful. Kingpin was laughable. The overly large and superhumanly strong version was so off character it was distracting. And he seemed to be more a dumb muscle head instead of intelligent. The Prowler was always a laughable villain. How in the world in this he was some "scary" villain again was awful. And the music that came on every time they showed him made me want to scream... :gah: And the female Doc Ock? Whatever, and no comment (my distaste would automatically label me as sexist). Scorpion... terrible, Goblin.. terrible... Only Tombstone was done ok.

I consider this a cartoon and nothing more. I would never include it into the movie franchises in any discussion. Especially not a comparison or rating list.

Last edited:
...but...it is a cartoon, that's why they could get away with the the likes of Spider-Ham. Am i missing something?

Rogue One. The success of RO is a key reason that Disney is going full OT timeline with the TV shows.
Or all their new ideas blew up in their face and have now went full reliant on OT. I'd say Mando did the heavy lifting, else they would have made another Rogue movie by now.

Back