Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

No doubt we will get spidey. If they made both asm spidermen then they'll definitely make the mcu version. Without a doubt. Only reason why they didn't make civil war spidey is because he pretty much was kept in the dark til later.

Licensing

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Licensing

Licensing? Spider-Man is held back like the xmen are. Even with asm movies they had Disney store xclusives for asm figures. Hot toys got a head start with all the characters in civil war and Spider-Man pretty much came in last min he even was cgi. So I guess they decided to wait on it since homecoming is the same suit.

Spider-man figures could only be released in multi-packs, not as a single figure. That's probably why Hot Toys decided to wait for Homecoming.

Have we heard anything about licensing since? Have the merchandising complications due to Sony/Marvel Studios character-sharing persisted?

Have we heard anything about licensing since? Have the merchandising complications due to Sony/Marvel Studios character-sharing persisted?

No clue, though the Marvel Legends Vulture figure was revealed the other day, so that's a good sign. News about Spidey himself shouldn't be far behind.

Dunno if anyone has pointed this out yet but I find it interesting that Peter wears his proto costume in various points of the film. Might be flashbacks from before he met Tony or something. Wonder what's up.

ccff62dc42645071343ab8fb7cd19fff.png

62a5905b84ad899ba9a3c3b698ee6db7.png

39a567117f133dbd9fb430d2ccd82f8a.png

74fdafbc0d044207b65eb14d94ba72a2.png

No clue, though the Marvel Legends Vulture figure was revealed the other day, so that's a good sign. News about Spidey himself shouldn't be far behind.

Yeah there's no way they're gonna run into the same problem for a movie actually about Spider-Man. It's possible that the whole "He can only be released in box sets" thing only applies for non-Spidey movies like Civil War and (I'm guessing) the next Avengers flicks.

Dunno if anyone has pointed this out yet but I find it interesting that Peter wears his proto costume in various points of the film. Might be flashbacks from before he met Tony or something. Wonder what's up.

ccff62dc42645071343ab8fb7cd19fff.png

62a5905b84ad899ba9a3c3b698ee6db7.png

39a567117f133dbd9fb430d2ccd82f8a.png

74fdafbc0d044207b65eb14d94ba72a2.png

Or maybe he has a following out with Stark and gives up the suit he gave him for a while. Maybe try and prove himself to Stark that he is a hero even without the fancy duds.

Yeah there's no way they're gonna run into the same problem for a movie actually about Spider-Man. It's possible that the whole "He can only be released in box sets" thing only applies for non-Spidey movies like Civil War and (I'm guessing) the next Avengers flicks.
It might have even been because it was the first time Marvel and Sony has tried sharing a major character, just a guess. Maybe from Homecoming on out they'll arrange a merch deal mutually beneficial to both.

Or maybe he has a following out with Stark and gives up the suit he gave him for a while. Maybe try and prove himself to Stark that he is a hero even without the fancy duds.

I'm looking at this on my phone; does he have a mask with built-in lenses in that shot with the baggy suit? I thought he used slitted goggles on the home-made version....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk why I didn't think about that before... I would love to see Ben in a movie.

If we're gonna talk other Spiders, Ben Reilly and Miguel O'Hara would be ideal. Also, not exaaaactly a spider but Jessica Drew would make me so happy. She's basically the only character other than She-Hulk that I would kill to get in the MCU. We can't have Carol without Jess!

If I could get any character in the MCU it'd be The Thing. He's been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Seeing him trade a few blows with the Hulk would be awesome.

If I could get any character in the MCU it'd be The Thing. He's been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Seeing him trade a few blows with the Hulk would be awesome.

Dude, if I could get ANY characters in the MCU before anyone else, it'd definitely be the Fantastic Four. They're my favorite superhero team of all time plus Doctor Doom is my favorite super villain. There is so much brilliance with the FF. It makes me sad to see how they've been treated by Fox. Stan and Jack's run is just some of the most creative, imaginative stuff i've ever read while Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four and his FF runs are just imo, absolutely mind blowing and definitely some of the best comics I have ever read. The Marvel Knights run is also pretty damn good. The first family of Marvel deserves so much better and I think Stan deserves to his first baby treated right.

If we're gonna talk other Spiders, Ben Reilly and Miguel O'Hara would be ideal. Also, not exaaaactly a spider but Jessica Drew would make me so happy. She's basically the only character other than She-Hulk that I would kill to get in the MCU. We can't have Carol without Jess!

Ben and Miguel (my username *ahem*) on screen, I would cry. Jess would be so much fun to have especially with Carol :lol

I hope we see Jackal and then a Clone Saga arc so I get to see Kaine on screen :clap :clap

So just musing, with CW pretty much a no go at this point I can see them doing at least 2 if not 3 if they are greedy Spideys with both his proto/home made suit and his Stark made one, the 3rd coming if they do a version with and without the wings as its being assumed in some circles they may be two different suits.

This could be something as some screencaps show him wearing 2 different types of boots so its possible, this is just my imagination, he starts with the CW suit which either gets destroyed in a fight or taken away by Stark meaning he starts using his home made one, at that point Stark joins him and gives him a new/upgraded version of the CW suit with the wings.

So other than that Vulture is likely (and huge) maybe a civilian Peter and my hope is for a civilian Stark especially if he reuses the 46 and doesn't have anything worth while having over the CW version (if it comes with forearm missiles I will be miffed though).

Back