Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

The on-set costume seems to be what some of the merchandise was based on, hence why the Marvel Legends one has the sculpted webbing and inaccurate chest symbol.

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Funny how the black bands around the biceps and wrists that everyone was complaining about are represented by CG markers for the digital artists to paint out later. Wonder why they did that?

I'm assuming they have some yet unseen function

Funny how the black bands around the biceps and wrists that everyone was complaining about are represented by CG markers for the digital artists to paint out later. Wonder why they did that?
They aren't. The black chevrons are at the bottom of his deltoids, not the center of his biceps where the markers are, and the black around his wrists are his web shooters, represented on both costumes.

The cg markers here have nothing to do with the costume design they chose.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I see now. They look like two different costume designs.

It's the unedited version from CW, not a new one. I guess their design wasn't finalized during filming

I knew when I watched the movie that his suit was completely CGI in every scene, but my friends didn't beleive me.

The HC Spider chest symbol is very different from the CW chest symbol. CW symbol was more like a man emanating spider sense which I liked.

The HC symbol is like the Legends action figure.

The HC Spider chest symbol is very different from the CW chest symbol. CW symbol was more like a man emanating spider sense which I liked.

The HC symbol is like the Legends action figure.

That's probably because the toy was based on the initial outfit. The production time on an action figure is long enough that if Marvel changed their minds and decided to go with a different costume after production had begun, Hasbro would be SOL.

Saw this at target today.
3fb9636931f946d63b932c9a9b4e382e.jpg

Probably our only hope.

Marvel Legends are over rated imo $20 figures that look like they cost $2 to make

The photos from Homecoming have this spider emblem on it, but I didn't realize it did in CW and they changed it in post. I hope it's like this in HC, I love the Silver Age vibe.

I'm excited to finally like a live action spider-man.

As for marvel legends.. Yeah. It's sad. There's a decent figure every once in a while, but that's it.

I wish I could walk into a toys r us/Walmart/target and pick up a figuarts iron man, or mafex iron man.

I bought the Legends Venom a while back, but other than that I have no interest in the "cheap" figures anymore.

Guess the suit isn't changing much at all for Homecoming.

49c01b4953468ee1123a63e2b5f256f4.jpg

I never noticed before that the chevron on his forearm is connected to his web shooter. It looks it could be functional, i.e., it's a brace/support for when he's hanging or swinging by his web (so that his wrist isn't bearing the entire load).

Maybe the chevron also feeds Web Shooters from the belt?

I never noticed before that the chevron on his forearm is connected to his web shooter. It looks it could be functional, i.e., it's a brace/support for when he's hanging or swinging by his web (so that his wrist isn't bearing the entire load).

Yes but spiderman can lift 10 times his weight. He caught a car for Petes sake I think he can hang upside down without a brace.

I actually like this design better, but prefer the "materiel", texture and webbing on the final version. Again, I am just talking about the basic design, not the materials it appears to be made of (too glossy) or the raised webbing. I also think this image gives us an idea of what the costume could have been like without the black bands (chevrons); I could easily live without those.

Guess the suit isn't changing much at all for Homecoming.

49c01b4953468ee1123a63e2b5f256f4.jpg

Yes but spiderman can lift 10 times his weight. He caught a car for Petes sake I think he can hang upside down without a brace.

No argument there, but if he's trying to lift 10 times his weight WITH HIS WEBBING, maybe then he'd want some extra support? It's a movie - I'm just suggesting it's possible that the costume designers may have postulated that Tony or someone else at Stark Industries considered that when creating the suit.

Tom Holland visited a children's hospital during Homecoming filming. He was wearing the Civil War Spider-Man suit but with the new Homecoming Web shooters. In the other video posted above his Homecoming costume has a different longer Spider emblem. Maybe in the movie his Civil War costume gets destroyed and Tony Stark makes him a new costume?

Since both versions will be in movie, maybe Hot Toys will make both?

Back