Premium Format Spider-Man ‘Symbiote Costume’ Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone measure the height to the highest point of the symbiote from the bottom of the base?
Hope I dont have to mod my display case....

Symbiote in the house
5340d90ed96608bd38ebc5b0883a0827.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it's 8 pounds? I see to remember the weight limit being 15. I've displayed heavier pieces in these detolfs for years at a time with no issues...

Are you sure it's 8 pounds? I see to remember the weight limit being 15. I've displayed heavier pieces in these detolfs for years at a time with no issues...

Yup, right here in the ikea link below. Tons of pics with glass shelves holding statues that look more than 8lbs for sure, but I personally wouldn't take the chance. I'd flip a table if my 500$ statue fell and broke due to me taking a chance and blowing off max weight load info.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

There was a member here named Barbarian who put 90 lbs of metal weights on a single glass detolf shelf for about a month and the shelf held that weight with no problems (he even posted pics). Those glass shelves can support a lot more weight than advertised. Also, with PFs being so big, most collectors have to remove shelves to fit them in a case. Obviously, the best thing to do with the extra shelf is to double it up under a statue. That'll give it extra support. That all said, I only use detolfs for my 1/6 collection. I find the cases to be a little cramped for 1/4 pieces and since the shelves aren't adjustable, it leads to wasted space IMO.

Extremely happy with how this turned out. I love the blue, eyes, veins, and how the arm connects into the body. Very happy that I decided to sell the EX and pick this one up instead. Congrats to everyone else who got this gem.

I thought he was pure black.

The comics used blue lines/shading to show the depth and curves of the black suit. It became accepted that the symbiote gave off an oily blue/purple reflection in the light.

Back