Speedyweasel's Customs and WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided to make a Thread where I can Put all my Customs, Works in progress and future ideas in one place. Anyways everyones welcome to critique anything and everything in this thread because there is always room for improvment. I will also prolly be show casing my Sideshow Figures just cause it's Sideshow Freaks lol.

I'll start you off with some of my oldest customs that i Have left in my posession, I made all these prior to my knowledge of Sideshow from as far back as like 2001-2 ish.

Here is A'sharad Hett:

asharadhett.jpg

My first Custom Mandalorian:

custommando.jpg

and Here we got Zam:

zam.jpg

Random Jedi (back then i made everythingg into a Jedi lol)

randomjedi2.jpg

Ok gotta take my kids to school, I'll post some more later enjoy :)

Last edited:
Congrats Speedyweasel on your very own thread and what a great start, can't wait for more picture to see how your customs have progressed. I would love to have enough to have my own thread.....one day.

Congrats Speedyweasel on your very own thread and what a great start, can't wait for more picture to see how your customs have progressed. I would love to have enough to have my own thread.....one day.

Thanks a lot Bid and I love to see the ones you got aswell :)

this next custom I made WAY back its when i first discoverd the "CY GIRL" I've sold it since then but I did post it up to Rebelscum.com before I sold it.

heres the link:

ssmara1.jpg

P.s. btw this custom is so old the belt buck and Lightsaber clip were made from a 1.44 Floppy disk LOL

Last edited:
Thought I'd show ya where i developed my love to customize, it all started when i used to play Warhammer 40k. see:

start.jpg

and also where do you work?? heres where I do my customs, its small but it works lol :)

Workstation.jpg

love to see yours ( i might get ideas) lol

Love it speedy wee!! I always like to see where we all work and play!! My sons just gotten into 40K! I have just watched the new Ultra Marines Film. If I am good my boy sometimes lets me paint em:)

this is the 1/6th one that Cbob and I made. He is making a few!! and they look great.

I cant remember if I pm'd you about the clone commander pauldrons and buckets and stuff but I will sort it out mate.

marine56.jpg

Nice workstation and setup you have there man! I am glad you started your own thread, looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!!

Hey Dorgmal, That Space Marine looks awesome man, I used to play back when i was in like 6th-8th grade that was the late 80's lol I've since gave up playing but I loved and still love to paint them. I'll have to dig up some of my old pics of my Salamander's army.

About the Buckets and Pauldrons, no worries mate I'm in no hurry I know your gotta be busy with all your project etc.. just pm me when ever :)

Heya Chakaman, Thanks for the support and intrest I'm excited to show more stuff too lol :lol might get some more up today or this evening, I like to drop in on yours too to check out your stuff aswell.

Here's what I got so far for a future build, plus Dorgmal has sent me the shoulder bells for him too. oh if anyone can direct me to a tiny HT head all the ones i have dont fit in the helmet, or do I have to dremel it out?

bspro1.jpg

bspro2.jpg

bspro3.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a couple more:

Luke X-Wing Pilot:

xwingluke.jpg

Hoth Rebel Trooper, This guys needs work, main thing for me are the boots some ssc bespin luke boots would be nice but i aint buyin a whole fig for the boots, well maybe i would but my wife wont let me.

hothrebel.jpg

Hey Speed,
I felt the same way about the Hasbro Hoth boots.
So I finished mine by repainting the boots, then glueing 1/8" white elastic over the molded straps and finishing with a little weathering. I'm very happy with the finished product and it also costs a lot less the the SS boots. I've attached finished pics.

Hope this helps, Dan.

Very nice customs....that Tusken Jedi reminds me that I have to get back at mine and do the final touch ups....I was a lazy lil fella lately....

Thanks Boba :) I love reading everyones feedback.

here are my two WIP:

Bly: Still needs Pauldron and holsters and ammo pouches

cusbly.jpg

CW Obi Wan: still need head and shoulder art, which are inroute with the help of Dorgmal and Witekite, thanks guys for your help on this project :)

peaceobi.jpg

well this is them right now, enjoy :)

Speedyweasel amazing customs you have there. The Wip Jedi General looks great. Really like the Rebel Hoth Officer and hope you can sort out the boot issue one way or the other.

Thanks a lot big guy, and yeah I can't wait till General Obi Wan is done. and the boots sheesh, been brushing up on my painting to see what i can do, dh4 had a good resolution that I may try. and if all else fail ssc boots. I think Chakaman said he may have a set. (btw thanks Chaka for lookin for me :) )

anyways thought I might post a pic of my CW Crew thus far (shy Obi)
Enjoy!

anakinandcrew.jpg

Back