Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the only SW figure I’d buy anymore. I own most characters and after Kylo Rens PF and IS Vader I lost interest. I do have a tiny attraction to the Phasma statue and a second First Order trooper.

This is really amazing piece, congrats

Can you imagine the price this bad boy would be at if made now?

Yeah I finally understand what people are saying about being priced out now. I can afford the new stuff, I just don't think it's worth it anymore.

I paid $550.00 on e-bay in 2008 for my second one. P1 1/4s are as much as it was retail then. That's why I have almost no excitement for this hobby anymore, I mostly just watch from the side lines now. Today it would be more than $2,000 at least, more like $2,500. Regular PF were around $250.00, drat I got my Darth Maul PF shipped for $210.00 in 2008.

That Speeder Bike PF on e-bay no one else bid, I said to myself $550.00 with free shipping I have to buy that.
SC had these in stock for couple more years once it shipped, collectors thought SSC charged way too much.

It is absolutely ridiculous, just look how much they spiked up the price for the new Jabba 1:6.

Were probably giving them ideas right now about a new Scout and Speeder Bike, good thing they don't read this forum or listen to what their fan base wants.

I'm down to getting 1..maybe 2 big pieces a year. This year was IS Vader. Next year I might pick up the ANH Leia (in hand photos) and if their new Stormtrooper goes on sale. This is becoming a rich man's hobby.

Not just SSC, I use to buy GG SW maquettes at $50.00. GG 12 inch statues were about $100.00,Today they are in the $300.00s, maquette scales statues are $170.00. I would loved SSC to have made a Luke on Speeder Bike PF. I was sure they would have made one, but they didn't.

As did I lol

Still have the original Boba Fett and Stormtrooper maquettes, along with the TCW Rex, Gree and Clone Trooper maquettes. Their mini-busts were nice and affordable too.

I'm sure there are a lot of pieces we thought they'd make but haven't yet, ROTS Obi-Wan, Lando, Tie Pilot, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Thrawn, Royal Guard, Darth Sideous etc etc etc

I always get a bit excited when this tread pops up, hoping its news of a re-release. This is the one that got away for me.
Back in the day, at the old 20th Century Fox studios in Sydney, a shop was selling this for around $500. My wife was telling me to get it but I passed, thought it was a bit much. Been kicking myself ever since.....

It was my first ever Star Wars premium format and I paid £350. Now I have them all bar a couple of the new ones like Chewbacca, Han and Luke. image.jpg

This too is one for me I will always regret passing on way back when. I just didn't have the space for something so big. I thought the price wasn't too bad at the time as well. The most expensive SS SW PF I bought back then was the EX General Grievous at $450. Still love it today. It's huge too, but in height not width. It would easily be over $1k if Sideshow ever remade him.

This too is one for me I will always regret passing on way back when. I just didn't have the space for something so big. I thought the price wasn't too bad at the time as well. The most expensive SS SW PF I bought back then was the EX General Grievous at $450. Still love it today. It's huge too, but in height not width. It would easily be over $1k if Sideshow ever remade him.

god..could you imagine what Grievous would go for now? I would kill for another Grievous but we all know it would cost an arm and a leg.

Passing on Grievous, Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike and the Aayla Secura PFs haunt me to this day. I was too into the GG Mini-busts at those time.

god..could you imagine what Grievous would go for now? I would kill for another Grievous but we all know it would cost an arm and a leg.

Passing on Grievous, Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike and the Aayla Secura PFs haunt me to this day. I was too into the GG Mini-busts at those time.

Here's my Aayla Secura with a few MYC extras fitted. I also love grievous and darth talon.
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

F8FC433F-A74C-497A-806A-C9760D56FE8B.jpg

Man I like this way more than expected. Really adds a nice touch to the rest of the star wars setup.

What's the opinion on what these are worth at the moment with the whole corona virus happening.

What's the opinion on what these are worth at the moment with the whole corona virus happening.

Maybe I am having a dumb moment but what does corona virus have to do with this? Is it the fact that the economy is tanking and therefore statues depreciate in value?

Very few selling on eBay and someone is trying to sell one for $3500. I can tell you, it's probably not worth that! I've got one and while it's one of my favorite pieces, $3500 would probably tear it out of my hands. I think the Coronavirus can be looked at two ways: 1) Yes, the economy is tanking so probably not as much demand. 2) There aren't any new things coming out for a while so folks who get an itch might be inclined to over spend on an existing statue they can their hands on immediately.

In a few months pieces that used to cost a lot, will be put for sale for much less. Be patient and wait

I've had an offer of 1230 USD. here in Australia that's about 2k. Thinking this might be very cheap now. Has box.

Back