1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tremendous sense of cringe suddenly evokes in my very soul when I saw this thread is bumped :lol.

I felt that same cringe ! Funny that.

It could be worse, just wait for the High Republic threads to start.

Yes unfortunately. Well I guess they wanted to use books etc for feedback, looks like they're getting it.

It's so simple. Stick to the Old Republic of Sith vs Jedi with some cool looking Sith and appease the fans, and the rest will follow.

I still maintain a Darth Bane trilogy would kill it. Such a good 3 book arc of Bane and the formation of the "Rule of Two". Builds worlds and mythology which flows right into "modern day" Star Wars with Emperor and apprentice (Maul, Vader etc.).

But I forgot, KK said there is no good literature material to work with....it's so much harder to get Star Wars right !

I felt that same cringe ! Funny that.

Yes unfortunately. Well I guess they wanted to use books etc for feedback, looks like they're getting it.

It's so simple. Stick to the Old Republic of Sith vs Jedi with some cool looking Sith and appease the fans, and the rest will follow.

I still maintain a Darth Bane trilogy would kill it. Such a good 3 book arc of Bane and the formation of the "Rule of Two". Builds worlds and mythology which flows right into "modern day" Star Wars with Emperor and apprentice (Maul, Vader etc.).

But I forgot, KK said there is no good literature material to work with....it's so much harder to get Star Wars right !

Just as the sequel trilogy feels like Disney's remake of the original trilogy, the High Republic feels like Disney's remake of the prequel trilogy. I, for one, am hoping this stuff never goes beyond books and comics. You can tell KK's dirty little paws are all over it. Hopefully, they'll have shot of her in 2021 before she has a chance to create another catastrophe on the level of the ST.

Totally agree with tapping into the Old Republic and making use of the source material (what's that I hear Kathleen ask). There's enough Old Republic material out there for a decade or more of SW movies, tv shows, and games. Add this to the shows/films based around the OT and PT and they'd be on to a winner. Honestly, she can't **** off soon enough and give the fans what they want by having Favreau and Filoni take the reins.

For the fans of this trilogy, I would have no problem in a release of Poe. Ideally in the pilot outfit, as that was the best look.

There are so many, many more desirable Star Wars figures from other sources though. Easily 200+

I bought 10 ST figures, and apart from the Old heroes, I regret all the other purchases. (Rey and BB8 do have a nice shelf presence though).

Curious what your ten are and why you regret them? I mean I think Kylo is a solid add regardless. I wouldn't want too many troopers but I can see plenty of cool reasons to have like the royal guards (that fight scene was the best in the trilogy IMO). At least one Rey would be okay. Hobo Luke, old Leia/Han. etc. of what was released what do you regret?

Just as the sequel trilogy feels like Disney's remake of the original trilogy, the High Republic feels like Disney's remake of the prequel trilogy. I, for one, am hoping this stuff never goes beyond books and comics. You can tell KK's dirty little paws are all over it. Hopefully, they'll have shot of her in 2021 before she has a chance to create another catastrophe on the level of the ST.

Totally agree with tapping into the Old Republic and making use of the source material (what's that I hear Kathleen ask). There's enough Old Republic material out there for a decade or more of SW movies, tv shows, and games. Add this to the shows/films based around the OT and PT and they'd be on to a winner. Honestly, she can't **** off soon enough and give the fans what they want by having Favreau and Filoni take the reins.

I may regret asking but why does the High Republic set 300 years before TPM make you feel like it’s a PT remake? I mean it can’t be a remake if it’s not about the rise of Vader and the fall of the Republic...

Also why does it look like KK has her influence on it just based on 4 character concepts of posh Jedi during their golden age?

Curious what your ten are and why you regret them? I mean I think Kylo is a solid add regardless. I wouldn't want too many troopers but I can see plenty of cool reasons to have like the royal guards (that fight scene was the best in the trilogy IMO). At least one Rey would be okay. Hobo Luke, old Leia/Han. etc. of what was released what do you regret?

Fin
Duck Trooper
Snowtrooper
Flametrooper
Kylo Ren
Tie Pilot

I got Fin, Tie Pilot for around ?120 each. Flametrooper for ?145
Rest full price.

I thought TFA was watchable but didn't tell us anything, but I got caught up in New Star Wars' mode, emphasised by Hasbro stuff being junk.

Left far too many questions, which TLJ answered. Badly. I simply did not enjoy the trilogy. Far too many things for me to go into detail on.

Fin
Duck Trooper
Snowtrooper
Flametrooper
Kylo Ren
Tie Pilot

I got Fin, Tie Pilot for around ?120 each. Flametrooper for ?145
Rest full price.

I thought TFA was watchable but didn't tell us anything, but I got caught up in New Star Wars' mode, emphasised by Hasbro stuff being junk.

Left far too many questions, which TLJ answered. Badly. I simply did not enjoy the trilogy. Far too many things for me to go into detail on.

I didn't buy the same figures, but my situation is very similar to yours.

For the fans of this trilogy, I would have no problem in a release of Poe. Ideally in the pilot outfit, as that was the best look.

There are so many, many more desirable Star Wars figures from other sources though. Easily 200+

I bought 10 ST figures, and apart from the Old heroes, I regret all the other purchases. (Rey and BB8 do have a nice shelf presence though).

I bought Rey/BB-8, Kylo Ren, Finn/Trooper pack, Heavy Gunner/Trooper pack, some captain trooper or whatever... so 8 for me. I regret all of them. I need to try to sell them. Have no interest whatsoever in keeping them or anything else from the ST.

Decided I would like to buy an Old Han/Leia/Luke some point though... just pretend they are from the old EU....

No offense intended, but who is willingly to buy all these 8 from you, especially in these days and after those "mediocre performances" of ST? Im trying to nail down the tone to avoid being perceived an @sshole/ST hater lol. I wouldn't take those ST merchandises, even if I were given for free lol.

No offense intended, but who is willingly to buy all these 8 from you, especially in these days and after those "mediocre performances" of ST? Im trying to nail down the tone to avoid being perceived an @sshole/ST hater lol. I wouldn't take those ST merchandises, even if I were given for free lol.

Probably someone new to collecting or someone who didn’t have the money to pay full price at the time. ST still has a good chunk of fans.

I’d be happy if I could get $100-150 for each. They are basically brand new. Fat suit removed on some of the troopers, other than that, good to go. Ebay has the Rey/BB-8 set around $200, so, seemingly a market for them still.

So say we all !!

By the way if you scroll down fast and look at DToffeeman's post "Fin" and "Duck Trooper" merge to....well you can imagine. Pretty much sums up the situation.

Fin was the biggest disappointment for me.

He had a really intriguing character to start with.
I hoped that in TLJ he would wake up indoctrinated again. That would have given him real depth.

Instead we got a cardboard nothing character with the depth of a child. TLJ did so much damage, I still cannot believe how bad that film is.

I hoped that in TLJ he would wake up indoctrinated again. That would have given him real depth.

Instead we got a cardboard nothing character with the depth of a child. TLJ did so much damage, I still cannot believe how bad that film is.

I think TLJ has some very neat through lines that are a little easier to swallow post TROS. Snoke being a clone for one. FIn as a whole really felt like he nad no arc. He started great in Ep 7. Ep 8 he back slides..which fine. But Ep 9 didn't do anything to pay that off; they had such a neat concept with him being force sensitive and zero payoff. And the actor already said he has no interest in coming back; so it's just..a nothing burger.

Probably someone new to collecting or someone who didn?t have the money to pay full price at the time. ST still has a good chunk of fans.

I?d be happy if I could get $100-150 for each. They are basically brand new. Fat suit removed on some of the troopers, other than that, good to go. Ebay has the Rey/BB-8 set around $200, so, seemingly a market for them still.

Which version of Kylo you have? He's literally the only character I want from the ST. Maybe someday a praetorian or Crait Luke to diorama the only scenes I like in that series lol.

While I don't think TLJ/Rian Johnson did Finn any favors, I don't understand why so many give TFA a pass.

Finn was a nothing burger and a dead end character from the jump, right in TFA.

He had a backstory they had no intention of dealing with in any realistic way. His characterization never makes any damn sense, nor does the idea of Stormtroopers being brainwashed children lead anywhere of value.

Finn decides he doesn't want to kill for the First Order because he watches a trooper die - then immediately while escaping with Poe is whooping it up while killing more troopers - brainwashed children like him.

Because JJ Abrams liked the "friendly chemistry" between Rey and Finn, he goes the route of making Finn "likable and funny" and takes away any conflict between Rey and Finn, and he becomes a less competent sidekick to her.

By the end of TFA it is absolutely clear that the story is ALL about Rey and Kylo, and Finn was just a marketing technique to hide the not-so-hidden Rey.

To bring this back around to figures, you can even see the dead end reality of the Finn character with HT - they never made another one after TFA.

Last edited:
While I don't think TLJ/Rian Johnson did Finn any favors, I don't understand why so many give TFA a pass.

Finn was a nothing burger and a dead end character from the jump, right in TFA.

He had a backstory they had no intention of dealing with in any realistic way. His characterization never makes any damn sense, nor does the idea of Stormtroopers being brainwashed children lead anywhere of value.

Finn decides he doesn't want to kill for the First Order because he watches a trooper die - then immediately while escaping with Poe is whooping it up while killing more troopers - brainwashed children like him.

Because JJ Abrams liked the "friendly chemistry" between Rey and Finn, he goes the route of making Finn "likable and funny" and takes away any conflict between Rey and Finn, and he becomes a less competent sidekick to her.

By the end of TFA it is absolutely clear that the story is ALL about Rey and Kylo, and Finn was just a marketing technique to hide the not-so-hidden Rey.

To bring this back around to figures, you can even see the dead end reality of the Finn character with HT - they never made another one after TFA.

Yep, so just give me Poe in X-Wing flightsuit and I'll call it a day. If not, I'll probably try to sell the lot further down the road somehow.

I bought a load of TFA figures, but nothing from TLJ because I wanted to see how the trilogy turned out in the end.

End result. TFA figures will get offloaded as soon as they are out of storage.

I honestly can?t see them releasing anything else from ROS. There is mention of Poe, but they revealed a Poe prototype over a year ago and no sign of it.... we would have got it by now if they intended to release it. Other than that there really isn?t much else to release.

I bought a load of TFA figures, but nothing from TLJ because I wanted to see how the trilogy turned out in the end.

End result. TFA figures will get offloaded as soon as they are out of storage.

I honestly can?t see them releasing anything else from ROS. There is mention of Poe, but they revealed a Poe prototype over a year ago and no sign of it.... we would have got it by now if they intended to release it. Other than that there really isn?t much else to release.

Yep speaks volumes of the interest and love of the ST. In any case bring on more OT and Mandalorian. That sells and is at least talked about in generally positive tones !

I loved TLJ but yeah, Finn got done so hard in that movie. He does about the same if not less in TROS.

Back