1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know tthis isn't the right thread to ask, but I can't find it elsewhere through google searches or anything...does anyone know if there was a thread for the original Hot Toys unlicensed George Lucas figure? I tried my best to find it but didn't want to look through 1000 pages.

Thanks and yeah I feel like posting pics like this maybe HT will see it - if they ever come to forums like this (we can dream, right?) - and go "all we have to do is cast a few pieces of our 3PO sculpt and tweak Chewy a bit and we've got a DX ESB Chewy release." I'd love to see HT do it - I'd dump this custom one into a white container and make it an accessory for Leia Bespin.

FYI I just used one of those TFA "C-Cheapio" figs that had the red arm (they were $20 or even under on eBay - they are slightly undersized, but not too bad.) Here are some closer angles (right click for larger):

7TmLNt8.jpg

Is that a custom head on Lando with rooted hair?

Is that a custom head on Lando with rooted hair?

No, its a painted cast of the Sideshow Lando head. It has more of a brown/black hair color (vs the black of the Sideshow fig) so maybe that's what you are seeing. I can post a pic of the fig when I get a chance. I liked the sculpt on that Sideshow head (though it's a bit oversized) but didn't love the paint.

I see. I would love to see a pic. I was just looking at my sideshow Lando the other day wishing the head wasn’t so big. I wonder if a body swap to a body with a rubber neck would help with the bobble head thing going on with that figure.

To be honest I always thought Lando looked bobble headed in ESB anyway. He has that slight frame in that almost silken body hugging outfit, but then that very 80's big stylised hair making his head look bigger. I don't have the SS Lando but maybe it's not so off ha ha.

To be honest I always thought Lando looked bobble headed in ESB anyway. He has that slight frame in that almost silken body hugging outfit, but then that very 80's big stylised hair making his head look bigger. I don't have the SS Lando but maybe it's not so off ha ha.

I really love my Sideshow Lando. It was a great figure for the time it came out and right now it still passes the eye test mixed with Hot Toys. With that said, bring on ESB Lando...or Solo Lando...or TROS Lando :)

Back