1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah even though I'm pretty over the ST at this point, I still would have liked to see at least a few more figures from it. And I imagine an Emperor, Dark Rey, and Flight Suit Poe would have still sold really well for them, just based on the memorable looks alone.

I really enjoyed TROS (especially after the novel) and the ST as a whole. I really want a Snoke with Throne, Super Emperor, Dark Rey, Ben Solo, General Hux, and Final Rey with her yellow saber. I hope HT get to these releases soon (along with more PT - Mace and Palps)! There are a lot of ST fans here too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This trilogy turned out to be a complete mess to me. I really tried to like TROS, but then I realized how stupid it was to try so hard when there are so many other better things out there.

I do think a ST figure could get made here or there, but HT goes where the money is, and in regard to Star Wars, the ST is probably last in line. Even though I did start out as a fan of it, I can't deny the lack of sales overall. After TFA, it imploded quickly.

This trilogy turned out to be a complete mess to me. I really tried to like TROS, but then I realized how stupid it was to try so hard when there are so many other better things out there.

I do think a ST figure could get made here or there, but HT goes where the money is, and in regard to Star Wars, the ST is probably last in line. Even though I did start out as a fan of it, I can't deny the lack of sales overall. After TFA, it imploded quickly.

I?m in the same place. Such a shame as it started so well...... the first 45 mins of TFA was brilliant.

I didn?t mind TLJ at all and liked ROS on first viewing. However, now looking at the trilogy it just doesn?t add anything to the story. The shot of the Star destroyer crashing on Jakku at the end of ROS is a fitting metaphor for the trilogy......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even though that last chapter didn't work for me, i'd still happily get a few more creations from that trilogy... Poe tpping my want list.

So they?re making 5 year old video game figures instead of this stuff?

Yes because there is a bigger demand for those 5 year old video game figures.

I want them to make figures from a 28 year old Batman film but it won't happen. Sucks but that is just how it goes, not every pop culture film/IP we like is going to be a decent seller of toys.

Even SW is no longer immune to this.

What five year old video game characters is everyone talking about?

Well, I'm guessing they would sell way more Harleys than they would Ben Solo or Hux. The ST figs overall have seemed to be pretty poor sellers - there always seem to be tons of ST troopers and Finns sitting for years, and even Rey and Kylo don't seem hard to get.

Some ST troopers I've seen for prices you NEVER see HT figs available for at major/online retailers - like half price - which says these are just total sales dogs. Yet... HT does yet another ST trooper with the jetpack guy.:lol

All that being said, I really think HT dropped the ball by not doing a pilot Poe and would be crazy not to do Palps from TROS. I really want both of those, but my guess is that appetite for Poe has waned to a point where it's over and maybe they feel they already did Palps with the ROTJ version.

Well, I'm guessing they would sell way more Harleys than they would Ben Solo or Hux. The ST figs overall have seemed to be pretty poor sellers - there always seem to be tons of ST troopers and Finns sitting for years, and even Rey and Kylo don't seem hard to get.

Some ST troopers I've seen for prices you NEVER see HT figs available for at major/online retailers - like half price - which says these are just total sales dogs. Yet... HT does yet another ST trooper with the jetpack guy.:lol

All that being said, I really think HT dropped the ball by not doing a pilot Poe and would be crazy not to do Palps from TROS. I really want both of those, but my guess is that appetite for Poe has waned to a point where it's over and maybe they feel they already did Palps with the ROTJ version.

I don't think HT will make any more ST stuff after Kylo and Rey, they are expensive peg warmers. Unfortunately I bought a few TFA figures. I'll keep Luke and Han but the rest will be sold for peanuts once I stop procrastinating. I still really like the flametrooper but I don't think he really belongs in my collection.

Palps I see as a possibility but a ROTS version will come first as the PT stuff seems to be in more demand than the ST releases.

Poe - crazy he wasn't done but Baze has a better chance right now. His prototype will spend its days in a cupboard next to the Romero Joker in HK.

Anything else for the ST? Forget it. Not even Hasbro are announcing new figures for it.

A tremendous sense of cringe suddenly evokes in my very soul when I saw this thread is bumped :lol.

For the fans of this trilogy, I would have no problem in a release of Poe. Ideally in the pilot outfit, as that was the best look.

There are so many, many more desirable Star Wars figures from other sources though. Easily 200+

I bought 10 ST figures, and apart from the Old heroes, I regret all the other purchases. (Rey and BB8 do have a nice shelf presence though).

Back