1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pre-orders from this film from me until I see the movie. Even then I don't expect I'll get much. Possibly Rey and maybe if they do something cool with Luke. I still don't have a Kylo so I'll see how he looks.

Definitely intentional. JJ is a huge Uncharted fan, which is why he put Nolan North in the Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Maybe he's also a huge Mummy '99 fan.:dunno:lol

cfd69e4c0526c5507673986fc15e998d--mummy-costumes-halloween-costumes.jpg

53P67Pe.png

Looks like J.J. really is trying to pretend TLJ never happened, especially when it comes to Kylo and Rey. I can’t say any of these designs leap out at me, though I think Poe’s outfit looks quite good. Nice to see they cast Richard E Grant as a First Order officer. Who saw that coming? And Dominic Monaghan looks like they just filmed him in whatever he turned up on set wearing.

And they really seem to hate classic aliens don’t they.

I've liked the design work for these new movies a lot more than others here, but I have to agree the aliens have been pretty uninspired so far. And it would be nice to see some more of the classics mixed in as well, beyond just Ackbar.

Same here. I’ll of course see it, but I can’t say it’s something I’m looking forward to. I hope it’s good, but if not, I won’t be surprised.

Well we haven't seen so much as a teaser yet, so I can't say I'm feeling particularly excited yet either. And there hasn't been much in the way of leaks until now. I remember they said that JJ would be a lot less secretive this time than he was during the making of TFA, but it doesn't look like it turned out that way.

I like Poe’s look.....
Dunno.

I think some folks want the outfits to be clones of OT.....

So then they can complain about how its an OT ripoff.

Complaining about SW has become analogous to complaining about the government.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah I think it's a much cooler look than the one he head in the last two movies, and I like that it means we'll finally get to see him on some kind of real adventure this time. Although I think I'd still prefer a figure of him in the flight suit.

Poe's in that adventure gear for 3 seconds -- right before Leia slaps him and sends him back to his room for being "macho".

Sounds like a job for Brie Larson. She could fly into the film without much explanation in a similar manner to Holdo easily enough:monkey3

Yeah I think it's a much cooler look than the one he head in the last two movies, and I like that it means we'll finally get to see him on some kind of real adventure this time. Although I think I'd still prefer a figure of him in the flight suit.

Ideally they'd do a DX with both but that's not happening lol. The flight suit would probably be the most well-rounded Poe, but this outfit is pretty sick. I also think that it's definitely him in the falcon with Finn from JJ's twitter post when production started now.

Well we haven't seen so much as a teaser yet, so I can't say I'm feeling particularly excited yet either. And there hasn't been much in the way of leaks until now. I remember they said that JJ would be a lot less secretive this time than he was during the making of TFA, but it doesn't look like it turned out that way.

Well that’s the thing also: I’m not particularly hyped up for, nor looking forward to trailers/teasers. I’m of the mindset with Episode IX that if it’s good (which I hope it is), great, if it’s not, oh well.

Trailers might get me a little more excited though, if I like what I see. Even then, I probably won’t look too much into it and just remain ambivalent.

I like Poe’s look.....
Dunno.

I think some folks want the outfits to be clones of OT.....

So then they can complain about how its an OT ripoff.

Complaining about SW has become analogous to complaining about the government.

Well, to be fair - it's pretty much a 100% complete replication of the Rick O'Connel outfit though. It just seems wholly ported straight from a Mummy movie.

And I never get this "too different and it's rejected as not OT-like enough, too OT-like and it's rejected as a rip-off" argument - it always feels like a convenient cop-out for either bad design (like pretty much all the ST creatures for example) or lazy design/story choices (like "let's reverse the black/white color scheme on the TIE fighters and call them different" or the criticisms of TFA for OT story/chaarcter-types replication.)

This design just seems a bit silly - Rick O'Connell complete with his full 1920's ensemble just looks off in a SW film, even if it gives a "hey, we're in for an Indy-type adventure here folks" (intentional or otherwise.)

I can't even venture into this yet...too soon. It's JJ, so my expectation level is "Into Darkness" low here. Remember, everyone loved his Star Trek reboot, then he did a 180 and made one of the prettiest unwatchable movies ever with it's sequel. Everyone fawned over TFA (not me) and now the question is...will he repeat his pattern here? The movie has got to be damned stellar to make me re-visit figures of these characters again. The classic big three are dead, it'll be interesting to see what's up with Lando in this (I hope it's not the variation of the bumble bee look he sported in "Solo") and there might be an interesting trooper or two.

But Rey, Kylo, Poe or Finn? Gotta see this movie before anything is ordered.

I liked Into Darkness also....its one of my favorite films that year.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back