Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Nice find Gruff ! There is definately a resemblance there . Shame it doesn't have a neck with it though. The body I'm using for my figure requires a head with a neck sculpted to it unfortunately.

Still, with a little work ...

Incidentally, between the exposed neck and the bare arm, I'm thinking this project will wait for the Triad EVO body. Because the only other solid necks I know of are Cy Girls and Enterbays. :lol

Could work with a Hot Toys muscular... they aren't necessarily boby-builder sized and you'd have a good looking exposed arm. But the downside is very restricted articulation.

I grabbed one of those heads, as I too am working on a RW Max, so I wanted to try that one. Nice find Gruff! Thanks!

And on this subject, I know a guy, Billy, who is trying desperately to join up here, and show off his new stuff, and his new Max is AMAZING! I would post a pic of him now, but I think that honor should be Billy's. He's a super guy, and this Max figure he has done is stellar! Wait till you see all the accessories! He is trying to make them all, and get this, make them available. MAYBE...he is having some trouble casting up some of the small parts, and with this gang involved, maybe his problems can be solved. Parts replacing cast stuff like belt buckles etc. But he is making his parts. Just his leg brace is amazing.

Anyway, look for him when he gets in here properly, and when you see his Max, I think you'll be impressed. I am. :D

Hope to have my own Max to post here sometime. Thanks to Billy and Gruff and you other guys that have posted one. This is a great thread for a great character and has me inspired to try one as well.

Now, to get a 1/6 Dingo....:D

Billy sent me some shots of his RW and I agree with less it's great work. Hope he gets to post soon.

Also... you don't want a Dingo, you want an Blue Australian Cattle Dog.

Billy sent me some shots of his RW and I agree with Les it's great work. Hope he gets to post soon.

Also... you don't want a Dingo, you want an Blue Australian Cattle Dog.

Ah! Thanks bro.

Mike Tek hasn't posted yet...I hope we haven't scared him off with our general state of rabidity...wuz we too rude?

We like Mike...we just want to get his Ducard and Max heads bad, that's all...

Got my leather pants for RW Max. Jacket and Neo B head are on the way.

Here’s Max... I have a better shotgun on the way so I didn’t finish mine. I also have to do the round blue MPF button for the left sleeve. Other than that he’s done.

maxebay2.jpg

maxebay1.jpg

Damn Spenser, have you got my hobby room bugged?? :D :D

It seems that every figure on my wish list, you go ahead and make.

Movie Version Phantom - check
Malcolm Reynolds - check
Ralph Hinkley - check
Snake Plisskin - check
and now this brilliant iconic anti-hero Mad Max! -check

Mate, well done on this figure. He looks great and very accurate to the movie. The small details are amazing. :bow :bow

I can't wait to see what amzing figure you will do next.
Cheers

Finally found some contact info for the "legitiment" producer of this head. It was originally part of a full figure garage kit, but the producer will sell cast of just the head. I don't want to post the phone number, but if anyone is interested I can pm it. The sculptor was very reluctant to help because of the many recast of this head that have been sold on ebay and other places, but finally gave me a phone contact. I bought a kit and a seperate head sometime back, but wanted a few more to do some other Mel figures.https://www.thesculptorscorner.com/Snyder/BIG27.htm

Neo Guy Type B head arrived. It's Medicom scale. Looks a lot like Gibson from the front, but in profile has a nose like William Devane! Dawgone...

Mike? Mike Tek? Have you found Andy's Mel Gibson head?

Hi All,
New to the forum and pretty new to customizing figures. I've been following this thread for a while and it gave me the inspiration to try and put a Max together myself. The head, shotgun, and uniform were found and modified, but all of the accessories I put together myself including the leg brace and shoulder pad. I'm missing the binoculars but have them on order and I'm even sculpting up the dog to finish the project. Sorry if the pics aren't that great ( I'm still learning how to put all of this together) but I can send more details if you are interested.
As Les stated, I'm working on multiple sets of the accessories for anyone interested. Would love to get your feed back.

Billy B

Very nice, BillyB! One of the best I've seen, no doubt. The leg brace is dead on.

I'd love to know when you have parts/accessories available. Let me know.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but as an Aussie and a dedicated Mad Max fan I had to post these pics. I apologise if someone has already posted them, but I think you will agree that the person who created this figure set a pretty high benchmark. Anyway my apologies if this has already been posted but here are the links

https://web.mac.com/leungr/iWeb/mgbbactionfigure/CFE2006 P1_files/P1030479.jpg

https://web.mac.com/leungr/iWeb/mgbbactionfigure/CFE2006 P1.html

Wow BillyB, that's an awesome looking Mad Max. The distressing on the clothes and boots puts it over the top.
Which parts will you be offering?

Hi All,
New to the forum and pretty new to customizing figures. I've been following this thread for a while and it gave me the inspiration to try and put a Max together myself. The head, shotgun, and uniform were found and modified, but all of the accessories I put together myself including the leg brace and shoulder pad. I'm missing the binoculars but have them on order and I'm even sculpting up the dog to finish the project. Sorry if the pics aren't that great ( I'm still learning how to put all of this together) but I can send more details if you are interested.
As Les stated, I'm working on multiple sets of the accessories for anyone interested. Would love to get your feed back.

Billy B

BILLY!!!!
:rock :rock :rock
At last! Your Max makes his appearance!
PM sent bro!

The outfit on the one Ascend1.0 posted is pretty cool, too bad about the generic head. BillyB, yours is my favorite of all the ones posted so far...and there've been some very good ones. What head did you modify? The likeness is great. PM'd you about a leg brace, shoulder pad etc.

Great work Billy!

THAT is "The ONE!" Keep us posted Bro and Congrats!

Hi All,

Billy B

That is beyond AWESOME my friend! WOW! I love it! I MUST have one of these one day. :google

Thanks everyone for all of the great feedback. I really appreciate everyone's comments. I've got to go out of town for work for a few days, but I'll try to post everything that I will have available this weekend. I also came across a great site online that goes over Max's outfit and accessories from each movie.
It really helped me put everything together (that and watching the movie over and over and over). I'll post it this weekend as well.
The head sculpt came from the model kit that has been mentioned in earlier posts. All I did was modify the hair and paint it up. He looks a little older than the what he should for this film, but with another hair mofification, he would make a great Thunderdome version.

Billy

Back