Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't seen the movie yet, don't care...I'm buying Thor & Hulk from this movie already. I love this gladiator look!

I am digging the character designs for the new Thor film. Gladiator Helmsworth looks great, black suit Loki is smooth, Cate as Hela is scary good, Planet Hulk is promising and fingers crossed for a GOLDBLUM!

they need great villains period. :lol

OT - but just sayin' don't understand the obsession w. villains - anyway I thought Zemo was a great villain (great actor), quietly terrifying because he was so methodical, thoughtful, and ruthless - you've got Loki and the Winter Soldier - who are *complicated* (even Darth Vader and Kylo are "complicated"). Well OK, I thought that dark elf in Thor 2 was lacking and Ultron's voice for me was too warm and friendly...

Or is it folks are seeking the purity? of a true killing machine, like Alien xenomorph?

Not to derail the thread. And can't help it, I miss Thor's hair:monkey3. I need a Thor. But I need his golden flowing locks, the swirling cloak - 'coz that's Thor to me. But think Hela looks amazing.....

MCU villains blow. Except for:

Loki
Ronan
Winter Soldier

I always liked Aldrich Killian and Eric Savin from Iron Man 3.

Last edited:
The only MCU villains I really thought were well done are ... well ... Loki, coz he's kinda the only one who was given the chance for some character development. I did like Ronan but just coz I found him kinda endearing. :lol I mean, please. It's Lee Pace in blue make-up wearing that kinda expression most of the time ...

thumb-angry_mouth.jpg

Pierce was kinda alright but none of those come anywhere close to DD's Fisk or JJ's Kilgrave. :( Which is sad. Oh well, I got high hopes for Mordo. :) And I'll continue hoping they won't waste Hela ... please just stop with the one off villains. :(

Loki is great too because he was in 3 movies, 4 soon. You don't need 13 episodes to develop a great villain, you just need more than 1 movie, at least with the concept the MCU is following.

Yep, I think we will get Gladiator Hulk though too.

Hela is probably not going to happen.

This is what i'm expecting:
- Traditional Thor
- Gladiator Thor (short hair)
- Gladiator Hulk
- Loki

I am going with that list as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they showed off a Hela with head dress, but it will just be a display piece.

Traditional Thor won't have a helmet because they aren't using it for the MCU look. It'll only appear for fan service as part of the gladiator type part of the movie, like I think it was a bit of concept art teased. I'd expect Traditional Thor to still have long hair though.

Back