Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, I only really see myself being tempted by a Jyn.

I don't really have huge anticipation or interest in the movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but the excitement just isn't there.

This is one of my most anticipated films, especially after the latest trailer.

I don't know how deep I'll invest into this line but I'm definitely in for most of the troopers, Krennic, K2-S0 (definite purchase), Jyn and possibly Cassian. That actually is a pretty long list so disregard the previous sentence. Looks like I'm all in. Oh, and Saw Guerrara. Can't pass up a figure of Forrest Whitaker.

The marketing has really died down for Rogue One. Boards are pretty dead. I guess it'll step up a gear soon. I'd be stoked if they even released some more pics of the Rogue One Stormtrooper HT teased a few weeks ago.

The marketing has really died down for Rogue One. Boards are pretty dead. I guess it'll step up a gear soon. I'd be stoked if they even released some more pics of the Rogue One Stormtrooper HT teased a few weeks ago.

Just the calm before the storm, my friend.

Right now, I only really see myself being tempted by a Jyn.

I don't really have huge anticipation or interest in the movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but the excitement just isn't there.

I'm a huge Mendelsohn fan, so I'd be up for a Krennic solely based on that.

I agree about the movie (so far.) It looks cool in places but it all feels pretty low wattage to me for some reason. Not sure why they seem to want to keep Vader out of the trailers for so long - the only villain is a somewhat generic Imperial officer (go Ben!,) the type you saw as a background extra in ANH. And the thing I miss most is cool new ships, worlds and creatures.

All we've seen is that little rocket raccoon guy (who seems very un-SW,) the big tank thing (a little ESB Hoth tank concept-ish but pretty dull) and the only clearly new world is Floridaan, the Spring Break planet, which is also feeling pretty un-SW.

I love some of the visuals - the Star Destroyer over Tatooine, the ATAT's again - but because the story/heroes of the movie feel a little weak (or maybe too generic?) so far in the trailers, it feels a bit like from a video game rather than a huge new SW movie.

Hoping there's a new trailer before release that really shows more of the story (can we at least see Krennic and Jyn face to face, or Vader in action?) to get me more excited for it.

I'm in for Cassian, Krennic, Chirrut, Vader and Baze. Rook roo since Riz Ahmed’s the **** on The Night Of. Long long shot but if they made Galen Erso I'd be all over it since I'm a huge Mads fanboy.

I personally think there are too many trailers for movies that reveal too much. I don't really want/need to see Vader in the trailers, them telling me that he is in it is enough. All we need to know is that it's about how the Rebels stole the plans, no long trailers ruining half the movie.

I'm really looking forward to the film but find it hard to believe I'll buy anything from it unless it's an OT outfit/ character. I like the design of that imperial droid but unless a character leaps out and grabs me like Rey did in TFA then I won't be getting any.

I personally think there are too many trailers for movies that reveal too much. I don't really want/need to see Vader in the trailers, them telling me that he is in it is enough. All we need to know is that it's about how the Rebels stole the plans, no long trailers ruining half the movie.

Exactly.

I guess what I'm saying is that for me, the trailers thus far haven't shown the central character conflict - at all. What's personally at stake - the emotional journey.

A new SW movie is always a big deal (and for some that's enough,) and some shots look cool along with plenty of OT design goodness, but with the outcome of the "how the Rebels stole the plans" obviously known, it falls to the central character conflict to engage. And that's a bit of a void at present. Like... "unknown bad girl may turn to dark side (or something)" sums it up.

Movies can have a trailer full of firing guns and running people and villains glaring, yet what's personally at stake, and what makes you care, is missing. That's what this feels like right now. That's not "revealing too much" - that's just teasing "what it's really about."

Central character conflict is TFA imagery like Rey and Kylo dueling minds, or Han and Kylo facing off on the bridge - some hint of what's at stake for the main characters. Because we've barely seen the RO villain, and his image alone is not all that mysterious/awe-inspiring (being a former ANH background bureaucrat,) I suggested I'd like to see Vader or Krennic in actual action against Jyn.

At this point, my guess is Vader is a bit like Luke in TFA - totally absent except for a few shots toward the end.

I guess what I'm saying is that for me, the trailers thus far haven't shown the central character conflict - at all. What's personally at stake - the emotional journey.

A new SW movie is always a big deal (and for some that's enough,) and some shots look cool along with plenty of OT design goodness, but with the outcome of the "how the Rebels stole the plans" obviously known, it falls to the central character conflict to engage. And that's a bit of a void at present. Like... "unknown bad girl may turn to dark side (or something)" sums it up.

Movies can have a trailer full of firing guns and running people and villains glaring, yet what's personally at stake, and what makes you care, is missing. That's what this feels like right now. That's not "revealing too much" - that's just teasing "what it's really about."

Central character conflict is TFA imagery like Rey and Kylo dueling minds, or Han and Kylo facing off on the bridge - some hint of what's at stake for the main characters. Because we've barely seen the RO villain, and his image alone is not all that mysterious/awe-inspiring (being a former ANH background bureaucrat,) I suggested I'd like to see Vader or Krennic in actual action against Jyn.

At this point, my guess is Vader is a bit like Luke in TFA - totally absent except for a few shots toward the end.

I hope Vader is treated more like the emperor in rotj or rots. That we see his true potential in battle.

Youtube profile pic for the guy who posted that video::horror

photo.jpg

The Great Cornholio!:lol

I'm wondering if the Scariff Stormtrooper will be revealed and go up for pre-order on Force Friday along with the Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper. I wish I knew exactly which figures will be revealed and when they'll be released, but I guess we'll find out soon. Going over my budget and anticipating the new releases for RO.

I hope Vader is treated more like the emperor in rotj or rots. That we see his true potential in battle.

I doubt it. This is after the Great Jedi Purge/Order 66, Obi-Wan and Yoda are in hiding, and unlike the EU, they haven't really established that there's many Jedi who survived the Purge (there were what, like 75-100 that actually made it out alive and that was considered canon until TFA). Vader won't be able to test his hand against a Jedi...really, the only canon Jedis he will have faced are Kenobi and Luke.

Although I guess we won't know until the movie comes out, it doesn't seem like this is going to be a full scale assault to recover the Death Star plans, but rather the smaller group we'll be following with some spare parts, possibly. If Vader showed up at the height of his power to put an end to it, it'd be over in a few short minutes. We know that they get the plans, so I doubt Vader really does much of anything in battle.

But I guess we'll see.

Back