Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still surprised they never made protos of Enfys Nest and Lando. Still hoping we’ll at least see Lando at some point. Hoping the other troopers still get released. And Chewie with goggles and that bandolier and gun.

I'm really, really surprised there isn't a Lando figure from this license and his droid as well. Given HT's love of the robotics, I figured the droid would have been a lock.

I'm really, really surprised there isn't a Lando figure from this license and his droid as well. Given HT's love of the robotics, I figured the droid would have been a lock.

Yeah, I sort of forgot they didn't do him. I guess he probably would have been planned, but given the box-office and surrounding press around the movie i guess they stayed away from that potential loss maker. All focus on ESB Lando now I'd say. That's where the safe money is.

No-one wants that robot.

It is amazing how big the difference is in character acceptance between K2SO and whatever that Lando robot was called.

Thinking of the differences, a funny, quirky, brave and heroic K2SO. vs some annoying robot with a load of in your face political agendas which no one wants in a fun Star Wars movie.

Even it bombed in box office, it is still weird to think that a punk spider-man would sell more than lando.

It is amazing how big the difference is in character acceptance between K2SO and whatever that Lando robot was called.

Thinking of the differences, a funny, quirky, brave and heroic K2SO. vs some annoying robot with a load of in your face political agendas which no one wants in a fun Star Wars movie.

Yep, that droid is up there with with Jar Jar, Purple haired lady and of course Rose Tico, in the 'dreadful character' bin you go.

The weird thing about L3 is that her position actually could have carried some gravitas if written within the Star Wars universe. Post clone wars there's a lot of animosity towards droids, given what was perceived as"the bad guy" were droids. Had they evolved that concept of Droid rights to a debate of sentience and mistrust of droids due to history, I don't think it would have been all that bizarre.

It’s too bad it takes so long to release these figures. They do it all the time; announce a figure during the peak of the film’s popularity/hype and then release it months after the film’s gone “cold”. Then they discontinue the line due to poor sales. I’m looking specifically at Sucker Punch, Watchmen, Lone Ranger. I’m sure there are others.

Solo was a fun, solid movie with beautifully designed characters worthy of 1/6 action figures. Unfortunately every month they delay release, the colder the property gets.

It’s too bad it takes so long to release these figures. They do it all the time; announce a figure during the peak of the film’s popularity/hype and then release it months after the film’s gone “cold”. Then they discontinue the line due to poor sales. I’m looking specifically at Sucker Punch, Watchmen, Lone Ranger. I’m sure there are others.

Solo was a fun, solid movie with beautifully designed characters worthy of 1/6 action figures. Unfortunately every month they delay release, the colder the property gets.

Yep you're right. Unless the film becomes cult theres not much chance of figures being made. I still live in hope that Rogue One will be one that HT will revisit at some point. It's one of the only recent SW films that was pretty much universally liked. And they only made half the team. Almost purposefully missing the exact partner to each figure released.

Anyway I live in Hope....

I wish there was a way for them to measure community interest in a figure. I feel like hot toys should do a kickstarter method where they take a 50 dollar deposit but only if the number of preorders crosses the threshold for the figure to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something about young Han's brown jacket on the figure looks really cheap to me. Can't put my finger on it. I wish they would've made an Enfys figure. She has a pretty cool design, at least.

I wish there was a way for them to measure community interest in a figure. I feel like hot toys should do a kickstarter method where they take a 50 dollar deposit but only if the number of preorders crosses the threshold for the figure to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is something I've also proposed. Hasbro and the Jabba Sailbarge is a prime example. But Hot Toys choose to use cutting edge consumer interest measurement such as voluntary feedback from "interested" individuals at cons to distributors such as SS, which then possibly gets transferred to HT....... enough said.

In the end it's probably what Howard wants/likes and thinks will make money.

I'm really surprised they didn't at least preview Lando by now. He should have been one of the first ones shown, and I'm sure it would have gotten some interest even from those (like me) who weren't otherwise crazy about the movie.

I remember Jack Bauer sounding pretty certain that we would see him, but clearly the box office and bad buzz changed all that.

I find it hard to believe that they won’t do the Mimban Stormtrooper having done rainbow colours of the OT stormtrooper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back