Speculation: Episode IX First Order Jet Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, however it was JJ who picked the original Ducktrooper design from the multitude of concept art options. So yes they need to stick with this aesthetic, but it's not one I like that much personally.
We upgraded helmets and relative armor designs across two prequel films; the second that the FO suits were received so poorly I don't think it would have been unreasonabls to have pulled a "phase 2" upgrade and pushed that by the time we got to TLJ.

The angle of the photo is so bad even the tank trooper would look off from this angle. A better angle/focal length and a slight pose would make it judgeable.

I like the flametrooper design and bought it. However, this one have insect-like protrusion on its face which I didn't enjoy, at least at this viewing angle.

Apparently it seems to have the commando version of this trooper, and again...with a cape, according to some leaked images upcoming Lego sets of EpIX.

It's funny how trooper variants were one of the coolest things about OT collecting but then came the endless (and aside from a handful of cool designs) PT clones that were pretty meh, partly due to sheer volume.

Then came the ST trooper variants where nearly all just seem so meh both by over-saturation and design (one key design issue for me beyond the cute duck-bill look is the "fat" look of the armor, which is unique in SW troopers) - and they sit pretty much everywhere unsold, years later. I recently counted nearly TWENTY different ST troopers (counting two-packs as two figures) still sitting in stock at popcultcha, which is just insane. Who would think Star Wars troopers would be peg-warmers?

Solo and RO were the only non-OT movies that to me produced some very cool looking and worthwhile trooper variants (that felt like they could have stepped from the OT,) even if I'm not a fan of the "reboot" they did to the stormie armor/helmet in those movies.

Are the same people responsible for designing the troopers for the ST and RO/Solo? Some of those First Order troopers look they were designed by a bunch of 8 year olds in a 'design your own trooper' competition.
Add in Falcon, Tie Fighters, slight variant of X Wing, A Wing, and now a Y Wing in the Lego leaks for the film. Couldn't anyone be bothered to design some new ships?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm one of the few who actually likes the ST troopers, but I can't say this one really does much for me at the moment.

Same for me, I'm actually pretty fond of some of the trooper designs, but this is honestly pretty offputting, and I did like the flamtrooper design.

It's funny how trooper variants were one of the coolest things about OT collecting but then came the endless (and aside from a handful of cool designs) PT clones that were pretty meh, partly due to sheer volume.

Then came the ST trooper variants where nearly all just seem so meh both by over-saturation and design (one key design issue for me beyond the cute duck-bill look is the "fat" look of the armor, which is unique in SW troopers) - and they sit pretty much everywhere unsold, years later. I recently counted nearly TWENTY different ST troopers (counting two-packs as two figures) still sitting in stock at popcultcha, which is just insane. Who would think Star Wars troopers would be peg-warmers?

Solo and RO were the only non-OT movies that to me produced some very cool looking and worthwhile trooper variants (that felt like they could have stepped from the OT,) even if I'm not a fan of the "reboot" they did to the stormie armor/helmet in those movies.

These new troopers are no less cool looking than the ot troopers. The problem is hot toys clearly over produced them. They won't be making that mistake again. I usually don't pay the old farts who think only ot figures look great. They will become less important to star wars sales as time goes by.

You guys are going to have a field day if the rumours of today’s footage are true. I’ll ready the popcorn.

Why does a FO Jet Pack trooper need a helmet like that? Can't they just use one of the dozen other First Order helmets that are already in circulation?

Why can't it just be a FO Trooper with a jet pack on?

These new troopers are no less cool looking than the ot troopers. The problem is hot toys clearly over produced them. They won't be making that mistake again. I usually don't pay the old farts who think only ot figures look great. They will become less important to star wars sales as time goes by.

At some point I'm sure OT troopers will sit unsold for years and ST troopers will be hot sellers. Four years have gone by though, and the ST ends this year. You'd think people would have dumped the OT designs and embraced the new troopers by now.

HT must have overproduced by a LOT. This is PC and BBTS today in stock...
DABNYm4l.png

N0OXKwRl.png

Back