Action Figure Speculation - Deadpool 2 Hot Toys Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure in hand in 2022 then? It's not perfect but it's good enough for me and don't want to wait years and years now. The rest of the package looks great too.

I agree, something like this by the end of this quarter! Not gonna wait 2 years for a licensed one!

Figure in hand in 2022 then? It's not perfect but it's good enough for me and don't want to wait years and years now. The rest of the package looks great too.

Like I said, I'll be patient. I'm not judging those who want this, it's totally understandable. I just want Yondu-tier likeness, and am willing to wait for it. If it never happens, I'm perfectly fine with that; these things cost a lot of money! :)

I thought for sure that the deluxe with the light up eye would also come with the standard non lit sculpt... kind of a bummer it doesn’t. What’s this companies track record with battery powered sculpts?? I can see al kinds of quality issues with that

Really not in the mood to wait on HT to get it's crap together on Cable, IF they were ever going to do him I'm sure we would've heard by now. ToysEra really nailed it on this. Headsculpt isn't 100% but damn look at that body! Those accessories and the outfit are spot on! Going for the non-light up version though, as I never make use of the lights on the figures I have, plus it's a bit cheaper. Wish the eye was painted to look lit up, but I'll still take this over nothing! However, with their track record, I'd say Q4 of this year is being a bit optimistic, but hey a collector can dream! :yess:

I also pre-ordered the regular version and as soon as I have the funds, I‘ll get the amazing head from Jin, and put it onto the Toys Era body.
I absolutely love Brolin-Cable, so I invest a bit more for this little guy :)

I'm in two minds still on this. We're pretty close to Hot Toys prices here. But sure I get it, we'll need to wait a long time on HT with the risk of not getting anything at all.

To be fair they have also had to develop a whole new upper body for this guy. That has an on-cost for sure.

Hmmm in thinking mode.

I thought for sure that the deluxe with the light up eye would also come with the standard non lit sculpt... kind of a bummer it doesn’t. What’s this companies track record with battery powered sculpts?? I can see al kinds of quality issues with that

Exactly my thoughts. Since the regular head is also displayed on the proto pics of the deluxe variant but not mentioned in the description maybe someone can ask Toys Era on FB to clarify. I would do that myself but I don't have FB or IG... :dunno

I'm in two minds still on this. We're pretty close to Hot Toys prices here. But sure I get it, we'll need to wait a long time on HT with the risk of not getting anything at all.

To be fair they have also had to develop a whole new upper body for this guy. That has an on-cost for sure.

Hmmm in thinking mode.

Yeah it's why I'm leaning towards the regular but I do want the time travel device, so I'll see. But like you said the body and arm is a lot more effort than they usually have to put in. If this were Hot Toys it'd be $50 more.

I also pre-ordered the regular version and as soon as I have the funds, I‘ll get the amazing head from Jin, and put it onto the Toys Era body.
I absolutely love Brolin-Cable, so I invest a bit more for this little guy :)

Good combo, the Jin headsculpt is far better imo. Ouch at the price, but I understand.

The Jin headsculpt does look a lot better but for the price I'm just gonna stick with the Toys Era one.

What is the price on the Jin sculpt?

Sent from my fully armed and operational battle station using Tapatalk

What is the price on the Jin sculpt?

Sent from my fully armed and operational battle station using Tapatalk

Head alone w/LED is basically the cost of a SS figure. Without it, I think it's $185 or something. Unless I misinterpreted the cost breakdown on his page, it's $515 USD for the premium parts (i.e. painted arm, gun, and LED eye).

Definitely aimed at the hardcore audience.

Head alone w/LED is basically the cost of a SS figure. Without it, I think it's $185 or something. Unless I misinterpreted the cost breakdown on his page, it's $515 USD for the premium parts (i.e. painted arm, gun, and LED eye).

Definitely aimed at the hardcore audience.

Yep, crazy prices. Even going with just the basic Jin head and this body it's close to $400. Personally can't understand that way of thinking. Make it a bit cheaper more will buy, word will spread, even more customers = more money.

I guess he only wants to cover the costs of his own personal collection.... or he hates painting. But good luck to him.

I would have bought one of his Cable sculpts, but it's just too expensive. Might have bought one of his future sculpts too, so he's missed me as a customer.

I got one of Jin Toys Cable HS unpainted for $100 from him including shipping, think he sell them like that to if you ask him. Is a beautiful sculpt.

Yep, crazy prices. Even going with just the basic Jin head and this body it's close to $400. Personally can't understand that way of thinking. Make it a bit cheaper more will buy, word will spread, even more customers = more money.

I guess he only wants to cover the costs of his own personal collection.... or he hates painting. But good luck to him.

I would have bought one of his Cable sculpts, but it's just too expensive. Might have bought one of his future sculpts too, so he's missed me as a customer.
I think I understand the pricing. I'm not sure if this is his main source of income, but judging from the skill on display I wouldn't be surprised if this is a side-gig to his actual profession. Given the time commitment to produce this level of quality, AND to paint it well after the fact, I don't think he'd be able to fulfill orders if he priced them significantly lower - at least, not without burning out.

I think his sculpt is head and shoulders above the Toys Era version, and rich enthusiasts will likely pay for that.

Planning to pick up Cable, but not sure if I'll try to upgrade the head sculpt.
Hopefully TE or someone will produce Domino. She was fantastic. A new Colossus would be great, but not sure if they'll do a second release. Juggernaut would be phenomenal.

Back