Speculation: Any Star Wars announcements before Toy Fair NYC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Es tut mir leid, dass Meeraal.

Je suis le Congre désolé.

Sou o Congro arrependido.

Я - жаль Угорь.

Soy el Congrio lamentable.

I don't think there will be an announcement before toyfair... If they announce something it will be like last year at SDCC with the before the con announcement of Boba Fett PF... anyway I want more Premium Formats and Jabba's Palace 12" Aliens... Ephant Mon would be great.

I think that ToyFair will have a couple of big announcements this year. I hope everybody is leaning the right direction, thinking that we'll get some ANH figures this year. Since the Endor troop three pack is still so fresh in everyone's memory, I would think that they might not show us stormtroopers until a little later in the year, maybe a SDCC announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if Vader debuted at ToyFair, and then we got ANH Ben and Luke sometime this year. I really hope we also get the droids, and maybe they have been working on them for a while. I was talking to a buddy about the possibility of a landspeeder with Luke, Ben and the Droids, and this would be a dream set up for me.

I would imagine we also get to see our first Hobbits this year for LOTR during ToyFair, but I tend to have pretty big expectations!

I agree on the Hobbits, I think they'll make their appearance at TF as well. As for announcements I'm thinking that we'll get a SW announcement probably right after TF that this point....although there is still time....

So with the early Toy Fair announcement of the PF Darth Maul, and the preorder in less than a week, do you think Toy Fair with have any other glimses at the future of the Star Wars PF line?
-theropod

It's just about time for the announcement of an immensely popular main character in 12" form. Plo Koon, Asajj, Endor Troopers and Bubo have been great, but we need a central character again. Now that we have seen how far into obscurity they are willing to go, the pendulum needs to swing back to the mainstream figures.

tomandshell said:
It's just about time for the announcement of an immensely popular main character in 12" form. Plo Koon, Asajj, Endor Troopers and Bubo have been great, but we need a central character again. Now that we have seen how far into obscurity they are willing to go, the pendulum needs to swing back to the mainstream figures.

Agreed. Even Bib Fortuna was not a "major" character. He got more screen time than anyone listed above, but he was not a major character. It's time for the Droids or Chewie!

Yeah, I've mentioned that in some other threads, but I wholeheartedly agree. Chewbacca would most definitely keep this line from flat-lining...or perhaps another great character. Fett, anyone? :D

I'm thinking with the chess set coming Chewie and/or the droids have to be next. Why else would they make a chess set?

:chew :r2d2line

If Chewie is next then my excitement will depend upon the thorny issue (or should I say hair raising issue) of his fur---- can SS do it properly so that it both resembles the wookie and also works as an articulated 12"? I cancelled my order of the three Endor troopers because with a line like this (and lacking that winning lottery ticket) you need to pick and choose--- Bubo might be extinct as well very shortly.

Chewie... Droids (C3P0 & R2D2 together as an inclusive piece)... Farmboy Luke... grizzled Obi-Wan... that rogueish Han Solo... and of course further Millenium Falcon pieces for an ultimate diorama.

Notice that most of the PF's were from ANH last year? That means that the board is clear and the light is green for ANH 12".

I think Sideshow can do chewie justice with alittle R&D. They have a great team of thinkers.

I don't see Chewie being something SS can't do either. He will be awesome when he comes if not this weekend then sometime soon I would venture to guess.

Back