Speculation: Any Star Wars announcements before Toy Fair NYC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too like the Star Wars bases, but there is no doubt themed bases are so much cooler. Selling Star Wars bases by themselves like the standard Sideshow base would be a good idea as long as it doesn't get limited like the old Universal Monster ones (which should be redesigned and sold again :monkey3 ).

Buttmunch said:
I think we could see ONE announcement before Toy Fair, but nothing big. Perhaps Illum Padme? ANH figures have to be planned for this year though. It would be a huge missed opportunity since we have so many prequal and RotJ figures (even Han can be RotJ).

I'm wondering if we might get two Padme's at around the same time. After all Illum Padme is without hair so it wouldn't be a huge shock to make a slight change to the sculpt, add some hair and wholah - Arena Padme.

I'm surprised Padme hasn't been PPO'd already, she was in the works for a while now and Asajj came and went before her. It'd be an obvious PPO for the Ilum Padme before ToyFair that would hold collectors over until the new goodies are unveiled at TF...

the thing with Padme is there is a likeness being generated and who knows what that involves, who has to sign off on it, whereas Asajj is a generic portrait and is just a matter of approving the basic look, so it could be the Portman likeness holding things up. Time will tell, I'm sure we'll see her up for order by the end of first quarter. As for other announcements, I would guess at least one figure, possibly two before Toy Fair.

I wonder if Padme will be an Inclusive rather than inlusive. We was a "fan's choice" afterall. I also have a feeling she will be a site exclusive like the 2 rebels. :confused:

Oh, and I think they said it was actually the outfit that was holding her up. It proved to be a bit more difficult than they thought.

tomandshell said:
Well, I'm going out on a limb and guessing that they will formally announce the Bubo Creature Pack before Toy Fair.

That's what I said today when we all talked about it being a creature pack for this guy. Something minor to keep us alive :)lol) until another bigger announcement.

jlcmsu said:
That's what I said today when we all talked about it being a creature pack for this guy. Something minor to keep us alive :)lol) until another bigger announcement.

Haha keeping us alive is barely cutting it! They need to go with a huge announcement about a major character, like Palpatine. :D :emperor

I would actually be a little irritated if they announced something as major as Palpatine before Toy Fair. They need to save big stuff like that for the big event. Last year we had just been shown Mace Windu and then there was no new 12" figure to reveal at the show. (If I remember correctly--my memory is hazy. Maybe Mace was intended for a big reveal but the French beat them to it...)

tomandshell said:
I would actually be a little irritated if they announced something as major as Palpatine before Toy Fair. They need to save big stuff like that for the big event. Last year we had just been shown Mace Windu and then there was no new 12" figure to reveal at the show. (If I remember correctly--my memory is hazy. Maybe Mace was intended for a big reveal but the French beat them to it...)

No there was no sneak reveal, Mace's PPO announcement page was up before TF.

tomandshell said:
I can't remember which items were among those spoiled by the French.

Here's one:

attc118_Luke.jpg

And, there are more where that came from. :lol

I do believe it was the French that blew Mace preview though. Like Tom said though don't blow the big announcements before TF, C4, and SDCC. Use some of the characters that might not be considered BIG TIME for inbetween. I know with me going to SDCC I don't want all the biggies wasted before then. I'd be a tad upset.

Back