Speculation: Any Star Wars announcements before Toy Fair NYC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I am most interested in seeing how they can come up with an environment that surpasses the Jabba's throne display for SDCC this year. Maybe they will shift gears and give us a vehicle instead?

They could do the Cantina Bar, or the table and chair set up from the Death Star Briefing scene or the Compactor.

Personally if they DO a big piece for ANH I hope its a Dewback. :D

I'm not into any of the current 12"er's but I'd definately purchase anything from ANH...Hopefully this year will be the year we'll get some more figs from the movie that started it all...

It's been 6 months since the last Premium Format announcement... I hope there are at least two announced at Toy Fair to make up for the time gap. I'd like to see Sideshow keep up with at least 3 announcements (and releases) a year. (But no more than 4, as I wouldn't be able to afford it...)
-theropod

I'd be surprised if we ever got any type of enviroment. I don't think SS's ever done one for any other product and I wouldn't expect one now.

It's been a while since the last PF announcement so I really expect to see a new SW PF at Toy Fair. I have a good idea of who it is:monkey3 , but was sworn to secrecy.

As far as a new 12", who knows. I don't expect to see any armored characters until SDCC (how they could top last year is beyond me). But I think we should get at least two more 12" by the end of TF.

I hope they don't do vehicles. That really starts to push the line for me if I want to continue to get everything. I would like to see the Palps and his throne that would be cool.

Vehicles would be Ok on a small scale, like the various one-man speeders, they're small enough, anything else would have to be too massive for anyone to want. You think about it, a scale TIE Fighter alone would be almost 6" tall with the wings, who could manage that.

They don't have to be too complex, just something along these lines but in the Star Wars universe:

6606R_image01.jpg
6608_image01.jpg

6605_01.jpg

You know, a simple environment of the super star destroyer window Vader gazes out of would be a cool way to display him by himself.

With Jabba we've seen that they're willing to experiment with SW. I don't think we need to limit our expectations on environments, types of figures or the depth of characters. Until sales start to drop, anything goes for SW.

I can't see environments going much beyond the scale of Jabba's throne, as far as dimensions for width and depth, obviously height is open for more to be done, but anything beyond that I think would cost too much or be take up too much room, I'm sure SSC keeps in mind that a lot of people buying this product line are buying all of it and we aren't all as blessed as Steve Sansweet to setup and entire house worth with Star Wars display, we'd love to, but it's just not feasible.

I wouldn't mind a Yoda/Dagobah environment. If they ever do make a 1/6 Yoda, his house would be the perfect accessory. Just a thought.

Good call Batty, I hadn't thought of that, but his hut wouldn't have to be too large to be in scale, that could be reasonable, or even like a log/swamp environment to pose a Luke and Yoda at would be cool.

I wonder about that one, I think to be scale Yoda would be about 4.5" and the hobbits would be around 6.5" give or take, we'll see I guess.

Don't forget we could also get a Nick Nack from the James Bond line with that body. It will have many purposes that is for sure. I suppose the Ewoks, Jawas, and other little creatures as well as Ep1 Anakin and other kids would use the same body. It is deffinately worth the effort.

I would like some more themed bases like Vader's. It adds just a bit more realism to the figures since I never saw any character stand on a "Star Wars" base in the movie. I'd like some more grass/mud bases - those are great. I got my Vlad using one since he never came with a base (originally had my Pt.3 Jason on it). Snow/Ice for Hoth, ships, more sand bases, etc, etc. The Emperor's throne is a given after Jabba got his.

I could see bases being exclusives for more background characters such as Cantina Aliens and Jabba folks. I'd love for them to interconnect for a diorama.

I think we could see ONE announcement before Toy Fair, but nothing big. Perhaps Illum Padme? ANH figures have to be planned for this year though. It would be a huge missed opportunity since we have so many prequal and RotJ figures (even Han can be RotJ).

I think we'll get an announcement before TF and Padme would make sense. We know about her but it would be cool to see the proto. I also agree more themed bases would be cool as well. I like the Vader one a lot and it does add something to the figures. I will say I like the plain SS bases more than Medicoms. I've actually ordered just the standard SS base for the medicom figures I have or have on order.

Back