Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus on Starz

Wow, I finished watching the finale literally 2 minutes ago. A-m-a-z-i-n-g. I now love Liam as Spartacus. That scene at the end with him was badass! I finally got the chills i've been waiting for all series. In the last 10 minutes :lol

:yess: Glad hes won another person over. The Glaber fight all the way up to the last shot that goes into the credits - THIS IS SPARTA...CUS!!!

:yess: I am now pumped for the next series! I loved how he told Crixus they will have an army. Crixus' reaction was priceless :lol Though i'm sad abour Mira :(

I'm so mad...the 9th episode isn't on OnDemand and the finale's audio is horrible on there last time I checked. I basically read the spoilers just out of not being able to wait anymore.

The finale sounds great, but I'm a bit concerned with all the important characters who are gone now. Lucretia, Glabbar and Illithia were good, but I felt Ashur was the most interesting villain. Thought he was played perfectly! I'll miss his devious ways for sure.

Oenamaeus dying is so sad, but it is expected. I thought they might keep him around til next season, but damn! He was my favorite character, but considering the deaths that many of the important characters get, I'm glad he went out like a beast and died with honor, purpose and dignity, in a way he would choose. The perfect send-off for a great character.

I'm not sure how Mira dies, but I'm shocked she does as well. I loved her and I thought she was the hottest chick on the show since Spartacus' wife in the first season. But I am concerned that this show will lose some steam after so many powerful characters suddenly gone. The new actor as Spartacus isn't bad, but he doesn't have the presence that Andy had imo. Which is sad to me because Spartacus and Doctore used to be my favorite characters, but not Oenomeaus is dead and Spartacus just makes me feel indifferent now. I guess Gannicus is my favorite remaining character.

Anyway, more thoughts when I finally catch up. Speaking of which, do any of you guys know where I can watch them online or something? This is bull****.

Last edited:
Watching this show during season 1 made me research the Third Servile War to see what characters are actually based on real people. I read too much. I figured about Oenomaus and was kind of waiting for it since historically he goes pretty early. The show roughly follows historical events, so don't research like I did if you'd rather be surprised.

Yes, as has been said - they had to clean the palate to get ready for the new historical villains of Crassus and the non-historical but, hey, it could have happened, villain of Caesar.

That meant wrapping up the women's story and Glaber and Ashur.

I really really am already missing Ashur. I thought he was such a great character. Many of the best lines, portrayed to perfection, he stole every scene he was in, and he was simply fun to watch. He had to meet his end, but trust me they won't land a character as cool as that I feel.

Yeah Ashur was a standout through all the series' really but especially Vengeance.

The way they wrote him out was good but I agree his character will be missed, much like Batiatus from season 1.

Exactly.

He went out in true Ashur fashion.

And after finally watching the finale, Im glad Oenomeus had a glorious, honorable death and didn't get mutilated like other characters who get killed. But I wish he was the one to mortally wound the Egyptian instead of Gannicus. After saying, "I owe you pain" it would have been nice if Oenomeus was the one to take out the beast. Gannicus could have helped, thus repairing their brotherhood, but the former Doctore should have gotten credit for the kill. Other than that, he got a great send-off.

And after finally watching the finale, Im glad Oenomeus had a glorious, honorable death and didn't get mutilated like other characters who get killed. But I wish he was the one to mortally wound the Egyptian instead of Gannicus. After saying, "I owe you pain" it would have been nice if Oenomeus was the one to take out the beast. Gannicus could have helped, thus repairing their brotherhood, but the former Doctore should have gotten credit for the kill. Other than that, he got a great send-off.

:exactly: Even the hit he did get in - did he actually cut the egyptian across his belly or did he simply (which is what it looked like to me) reopen a wound that was already there? The "I owe you pain" line suggested he was going to kick some @$$ but unfortunately it didn't play out like that at all. This is the guy who made both Crixis and Spartacus look like fools while preparing them for the Theocles (sp?) fight and who pwned everyone he fought in the pits. It really seemed like they weakened him once he rejoined Spartacus and the rest.

:exactly: Even the hit he did get in - did he actually cut the egyptian across his belly or did he simply (which is what it looked like to me) reopen a wound that was already there? The "I owe you pain" line suggested he was going to kick some @$$ but unfortunately it didn't play out like that at all. This is the guy who made both Crixis and Spartacus look like fools while preparing them for the Theocles (sp?) fight and who pwned everyone he fought in the pits. It really seemed like they weakened him once he rejoined Spartacus and the rest.

Yeah, he sliced his belly and punched the cut he made. That Egyptian pissed me off; he looked stupid throughout the series; I'm glad Gannicus killed him.

Me too! I loved her.

Mira is HOT! :ted
spartacus_vengeance_gallery_2012_16.jpg

Yeah it was all a bit hard to make out. I always felt the camera angles and editing if this show during fight scenes should be improved. At times it wasn't clear who was fighting the Egyptian and who was fighting Romans. It definitely seemed he was going to kick ass after he said i owe you pain and the music picked up, but I guess the implication was that he was still too injured to be the hero we all wanted him to be. Missed opportunity.

I'd be lying to say that I'm not a bit worried about next season. After all the deaths, this show lost alot of its allure. These characters ahve all been so integral to the show's success, that some may simply be irreplaceable.

I was surprised I was expecting gannicus to die

I expected him to survive and was glad he did :) I think (apart from historical developments) they need him in the show, he's a far better fighter than Liam McIntyre (to be fair, McIntyre isn't great) and has a lot more charisma. Maybe if Whitfield was still around they mightn't have needed him is such prominent focus.

It really seemed like they weakened him once he rejoined Spartacus and the rest.

I think this happened to crixus as well. He just didn't seem as badass as series 1. He got his ass handed to him a few times :lol

I finally saw the ending. SO much loss but loved the fact that I felt closure. I think this is the reason why I really like this series. I don't feel that they are baiting me to watch the next season. Each season provides some sort of a nice closure unlike other crap that's on TV.

I expected him to survive and was glad he did :) I think (apart from historical developments) they need him in the show, he's a far better fighter than Liam McIntyre (to be fair, McIntyre isn't great) and has a lot more charisma. Maybe if Whitfield was still around they mightn't have needed him is such prominent focus.

Hmm, gotta disagree on the McIntyre criticism but to each his own. Gannicus is definitely awesome though, not familiar with the historical Gannicus but I hope he'll be around for a long time.

I think this happened to crixus as well. He just didn't seem as badass as series 1. He got his ass handed to him a few times :lol

Yeah a few of us noticed that. This season you normally just saw him fighting roman soldiers and the one time he took on a gladiator type opponent (the egyptian) he almost got pwned.

I finally saw the ending. SO much loss but loved the fact that I felt closure. I think this is the reason why I really like this series. I don't feel that they are baiting me to watch the next season. Each season provides some sort of a nice closure unlike other crap that's on TV.

Agreed. I was thrilled there was no annoying cliffhanger, and I will look forward to season 3 no less because of it.

The showrunners tied everything up neatly because they've decided to jump forward a few years next season.

Historically Spartacus was a formidable tactician but didn't seem to have a long term plan. I wonder how they will prevent the show from feeling like it's meandering...

Back