Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

Started watching S2 and it's a love and hate relationship. I am excited that it is back BUT man...Andy W! Sad to know that we lost a very talented actor. He's Spartacus, nuff said.

I'm almost up to date. Just finished episode 4 of S2 and I think I'll pack it in for the night.

Gotta say, after going straight through as a first-time viewer, it feels as natural as it possibly can under the circumstances having a new actor in the main role. I think he's doing a good job, I think as others have said I would just have him bulk up a bit. Although this post:

I think that it's fine with Liam not being as pumped. This season is set a good numbers of week or months after they escaped yes? Well, if you go from doing intense, all-day training every day...to not doing anything near that, they're body would lose some of its definiton. It makes sense for them all to not be as pumped and toned as they were in season 1. At least in my opinion.

-offers a plausible explanation for weight loss.

As to the general content of the show it really makes me glad I wasn't alive back in those times. ****ing horrific. The torture of one of Crixus' men by the 'civilised' society was sick. And by 'sick' I mean sadistic, gruesome, disgusting etc. Mind you, I wouldn't say no to the orgies.

Last edited:

HO-LY ____! What an episode!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Woah, so much happened this episode. This show keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler Spoiler:

HO-LY ____! What an episode!

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Woah, so much happened this episode. This show keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Another great episode. Can't believe it took repeated nudges over months and months by my brothers to get me to watch this show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gotta say I'm already completely used to Liam McIntyre. I think hes great in the role.

I suppose, for me, Andy Whitfield was only Spartacus for the week or so it took to watch season 1 all the way through - I didn't get as attached as others who watched the show as it was first airing over the course of a year or half a year. Its still a terrible tragedy what happened to him and he was excellent but credit where its due Liam is, IMO, equally so.

Been so hard not to come in here and read the spoilers, but episode 7 just finished over here. And my oh my what an episode it was.

I find it somewhat hard to believe but each week is definitely trumped by the next. At this rate I can't wait to see what the finale brings.

Gotta say I'm already completely used to Liam McIntyre. I think hes great in the role.

Same here. Around 3 episodes in he really started to look the part to me, and I definitely think they made the right choice when recasting. As a person McIntyre seems to be a proper nice guy too, based on interviews and his twitter anyway.

This season is proving to hold its own against the others. I had trouble with the first few episodes the pacing seemed off. However, the last two episodes have been great. I do miss the tension between Crixus and Spartacus.

Wow, Glaber's heartlessness continues to impress me. He is one cold son of b*tch.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm very curious to see what Seppia will do now that she knows the truth.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spartacus can act like he has the moral high road with the "you killed my wife but I won't lower myself to that level". But when he and group burned the arena in Capua they killed a lot of bystanders. His halo is already pretty grubby.

Spartacus can act like he has the moral high road with the "you killed my wife but I won't lower myself to that level". But when he and group burned the arena in Capua they killed a lot of bystanders. His halo is already pretty grubby.

Roman citizens paying to see slaves executed and slaves killing slaves probably aren't considered innocent bystanders to Spartacus and his merry band of slaves.

Back