Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

i'm surprised there hasn't been more comments on this series,so i'l put some out there....

Ashur seems to be turning into a really badass character. Was kinda surprised that he turned on lucretia so fast, but it makes sense to position himself on glaber's good side than hers.

Was really surprised that llithyia's father died so quickly into the series,but i guess it shouldn't be that big of a shock with this producers (they'll kill anybody), and that in turns means it shouldn't come as a surprised that Seppius is now dead.With him and llithyia's father out of the way Glaber can now concentrate on Spartacus.

One thing that has been on my mind for a while is that on the early shows llithyia was daydreaming about her encounter with Spartacus on the first series and immediately when to touch her belly. Could it be that she knows her baby might be Spartacus, and that's why she didn't have a problem getting rid of it?:panic: I don't know,but i would't put it past these guys.

On another note, i'm glad to see gannicus back.:yess:

Could it be that she knows her baby might be Spartacus, and that's why she didn't have a problem getting rid of it?

That thought has crossed my mind as well. It's possible that Ilithyia's baby is Spartacus'.

I'm not surprised to see Ashur becoming Glaber's man. He is obviously an ambitious man and there is no way Lucrezia could fulfill those ambitions in the long run.
Tho I'm surprised to see how ruthless Glaber has become, especially after the last part of the episode.

Things have really kicked into high gear with the last couple of episodes, and Glaber, though I had my doubts, has managed to become the compelling antagonist the show was lacking without Batiatus. He and Ashur are making the show right now.

Lucretia continues to be the weak link for me. Without John Hannah, I find her dull as dishwater.

Glaber has stepped up into being an interesting villain. Lucretia's holy woman bs has outlived my tolerance, I'm ready for her character to either snap out of it or be killed off.

I wish they'd spent a few more dollars on the burning of the arena. Great idea that needed more FX work.

I'm looking forward to Magic City. That chick it the white bikini is f'king hot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucrezia dies within the next 2 episodes. Glaber doesn't really need her anymore so I think it's only a matter of time before he gets rid of her.

It's too bad. I like Lucy Lawless and she was great in the first season and mini series. The show has so much going on right now she's been given a supporting role this season without much depth.

For some reason I only started watching this show last week. Finished Blood and Sand last night and the first episode of Gods of the Arena. By Jupiter's ____ its good! Although I now have a renewed sadnesss over the death of Andy Whitfield. Before seeing the show I wasn't aware of what a big loss that was.

Good to see you getting into the show mate and yes, the loss of Andy is horrible!

I still like Lucretzia and I don't see her going anywhere any time soon. Considering her husband is an executive producer and she survived being gutted last season I think Lucy is around for a while.

Yeah, I imagine being married to Rob Tapert will ensure her role is ongoing. I just hope she becomes useful for more than gratuitous titty shots this season.

Yeah, I imagine being married to Rob Tapert will ensure her role is ongoing. I just hope she becomes useful for more than gratuitous titty shots this season.

I resent the implication that gratuitous titty shots are not useful.

Heh.

I haven't watched this season, but I liked what I saw of Season 1. Need to watch the whole thing. My wife called it "Spartacus T&A". I think she likes gratuitous nudity more than she lets on.

SnakeDoc

Gannicus is pretty badass. Having him in the mix and his friction with Spartacus helps offset how bland the relationship between Spartacus and Crixus has become, which I think has a lot to do with Andy not being there. Liam McIntyre and Manu Bennet have zero chemistry together.

Season is decent - two eps back was great. Liam doing what he can, but he's no Andy. Too much of a pretty boy and not believable to me - at all

To each their own I guess, he is growing on me. I agree Andy was still better but I am getting use to Liam now and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Liam has grown on me too. If you imagine someone else playing the role, say gannicus, you can get an idea of how well he actually is doing IMO. I agree though the chemistry between him
And crixus is gone and it's a shame

The relationship between Crixus and Spartie has changed - I don't think it's the chemistry with the actors, but the writing. Personally I get tired of everyone challenging Spartacus at every turn, but it's nice to have a rousing speech as he gave to try and convince Gannicus in this episode. Count me in the club that would have wanted Gannicus to stick around - but he's too good a character for them to give him up that easily - hopefully he'll be back.

Back