Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

I saw a preview of Gods of the Arena and it looks like there are some hot chicks...yeah.

The prequel season looks cool enough I almost wish they would just fork in a new direction using this as a starting point. I think most of the audience will understand the challenges faced behind the scenes and that a fair amount of damage control is underway to salvage the show.

These are the same producers who did the Xena and Hercules series. They've never been horribly obsessed with continuity. They could have done an ongoing series using Gods of the Arena as the new season one.

I just don't see the big deal. So an actor doesn't look like Andy Whitfield. Well he didn't look like Kurt Douglas.....doesn't mean he couldn't portray Spartacus.

I just don't see the need to fixate on "thats not Andy".

I just don't see the need to fixate on "thats not Andy".

I completely agree. The show must go on. Many roles have been re-cast over the years and it turned out to be just fine.

My feeling is Batiatus’ ludus was a great setting and and the prequel season looks to underscore this.

The real season two (if history is followed) should lead the escaped slaves to Mount Vesuvius where they faced a siege by Roman militia.

It will be hard to work babes into that storyline.

New Spartacus actor announced!

https://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/17/liam-mcintyre-is-the-new-spartacus/

liam-mcintyre-01-17-11.jpg

Well... He has some slight resemblence to Andy Whitfield... I'll definitely give the guy a chance. I like the fact that he isn't well known... at least I don't know him.

Anyway, I'm glad it's not any of the Prison Break guys that got the part. They don't fit the role IMO.

It was rumored months ago that this guy was the favorite to get the role. Out of all the potential replacements, I am glad this guy got the role. I'm psyched that we will get a true season 2 of the show! :rock

:slap:slap:slap

“Since no one can really replace Andy, we realized that we should instead find an actor who can truly lead Spartacus forward,” said Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht in a statement.

Glad to see the show will continue but not sure if being left out of the project is good news for Whitfield's recovery.

Still sucks Andy can't come back but I am as happy as I could be with the replacement I guess. I will give him a chance and hope he can at least match Andy.

Saw the first episode of the prequel season at my cousins tonight. It was freaking awesome. They are doing a lot of really cool things to tie into the first season. The writing has definitely improved.

I was a little nervous during 15-20 minutes or so. I was getting the same vibe as the first couple of not so great episodes of Blood and Sand, but I was totally into it after that.

It is going to be cool seeing the backstories for so many of the supporting characters from Blood and Sand.

I'm curious what the timeline for Gods of the Arena is going to be....5, 10, 15 years?

It is going to be cool seeing the backstories for so many of the supporting characters from Blood and Sand.

I'm curious what the timeline for Gods of the Arena is going to be....5, 10, 15 years?

They don't specifically say but once you watch it, it will make sense where they are at.

Premiere was Friday. I never really got into the main show, but I caught the debut of the prequel and I actually liked it. Nudity and Violence. I was entertained. :lol

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!!! :duff

Back