Sovereign Indy gear, updates/info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude read his post...what happened to him is downright disgusting. I feel sorry for GatackFC...no one deserves to be treated that way. Defend the guy all you want, but his representative crossed a line.

Let's be honest. You only know what Gat's telling you. There are two sides to every story and we're not getting the other one. We don't know if he wasn't as rude, or moreso, which is quite possible given his intentions here. I got Gat's POV again, with his novella rants. But as far as I'm concerned, he's been a member here since April of 2008 and has had more than ample opportunity to understand the backlog Sovereign's dealing with and yet... he ordered anyway (I suppose he'd still by stock in Enron too if given the opportunity). That said, he only waited a month to get his order. Most are waiting a hell of a lot longer than that so you'll have to excuse me if I don't sympathize with him. :lol

Given Shawns dubious history and the preponderance of anecdotal evidence from so many
different sources over such a long time, the benefit of the doubt easily goes to Gatack.
So tell me Nam, when is the cut off date in your to mind for these wonderful custom pieces,
to then become legitimatly upset?
Surely not a year as he's past that point with many here.
2 years?
Perhaps 3?
Maybe as long as Shawn deems?

Bottom line: He disrespects his customers with his shoddy coms and mercurial deadlines.
Talent doesnt negate responsability.

Given Shawns dubious history and the preponderance of anecdotal evidence from so many
different sources over such a long time, the benefit of the doubt easily goes to Gatack.
So tell me Nam, when is the cut off date in your to mind for these wonderful custom pieces,
to then become legitimatly upset?
Surely not a year as he's past that point with many here.
2 years?
Perhaps 3?
Maybe as long as Shawn deems?

Bottom line: He disrespects his customers with his shoddy coms and mercurial deadlines.
Talent doesnt negate responsability.

I'm from the school that good things come to those who wait. I actually have commissions that've been out considerably longer than your 3-year mark. One thing I've never lost sight of is that in the end, I might get nothing and my money lost but that is the price I can potentially pay for either not attempting the pieces myself or not getting them commissioned from a major business.

I'm an artist by profession and I can certainly understand both sides of the argument. People have a right to get what they want in a reasonable amount of time. And to a lot of people, the time they've waited has been more than unreasonable and that's perfectly understandable. I also understand that as an artist, you have to feel what you're doing and put a bit of your own soul into it as rushed = less quality and sometimes, if pushed too hard, out and out a lack of it. So either side of the argument is a catch-22.

Everybody has a right to be upset, but to incessantly browbeat a point we already know for nothing more than the sake of libeling someone is more than just a little annoying. So he had a bad experience with Sovereign. Okay, post about it. But don't go starting a tirade that's only gonna cause all the torchbearers to start setting fire to all the other custom threads around here. It also doesn't do any good to piss off the customizer when so many more are waiting on commissions. But what would Gat care. he's gotten his tracking number and will receive his products shortly. He doesn't give two **** or a **** about anybody else so long as he gets his goods "Hey, I got my tracking number, now we can piss all over Sovereign and run him off of the boards!" He's already made requests that the mods/Admin do just that, losing sight of the fact that there are many, MANY others waiting on pieces and doing so would leave them ****ed. It's that narrow-minded aspect of things that really ticks me off.

My first thought exactly when I saw that flamer of a thread

Sadly the self appointed messiah could care less :dunno:
btw. Darklord Dave and all the other guys here. Isn't it about time you guys do something about their account here? I mean how are they any different from Chris Howes?

It's funny to how when you read that thread, a majority of the posts are ":rolleyes:" and "oh great, here we go again" in nature. :(

My first thought exactly when I saw that flamer of a thread

If Shawn is truly the professional some of you think he is then it shouldnt matter whats posted.
He should meet his obligations to his paying customers with out the threat of "retaliation" dangling over there heads.
To do otherwise would only hurt Shawn in the long run.

If Shawn is truly the professional some you think he is then it shouldnt matter whats posted. He should meet his obligations to his paying customers with out the threat of "retaliation" dangling over there heads. To do so would only hurt Shawn in the long run.

I dunno. You can have the best dog in the world, but you kick him too many times and he's either gonna run away or bite you.

For the uninitated. I was very angry last night after I was harassed nonstop via email from Shawn's agent. The whole thread was created to let people know how bad his agent's customer service is. Yes I made a suggestion to have Sovereign Studio's account banish but it was just a heat of the moment thing. You can find agreeing with Maulfan on the very next page. If I offended anyone in the process I apoligize. I definitely did not do that to screw anyone out of a chance to get their commission pieces.

Sadly the self appointed messiah could care less :dunno:

It's funny to how when you read that thread, a majority of the posts are ":rolleyes:" and "oh great, here we go again" in nature. :(

It's actually funny now. You start the ???? slinging contest accusing me of slandering Sovereign now you're doing your best to do it to me. Your actions are not only questionable it's pathetic. Let's face the facts you're petty, you just can't grasp why your years of silence and leeway hasn't gotten you a thing from Shawn so you vent out on me. I got news for you attacking me won't get you any of your quarter decade long commissions. Well enjoy waiting another 4 years... hell with all the cigar Shawn smokes he might not even be able to to complete your order.

the self appointed messiah signing out :rolleyes:

This all boils down to it's a business. Doesn't matter if it's full-time or part-time. Being a sensitive artist shouldn't have anything to do with business. If you offer a service it better get done in a timely manner. If there are delays let people know and give them options to bail with refund or wait. Trying not to hurt their feelings; worrying that they might get mad? Really? If you're dealing with them in a respectful manner and they do the same there shouldn't be any issue. These customizers are not doing you a favor by making these items available. My buddies coming over and giving me a hand with the backyard deck that's a favor. They (customizers or whatever) take money and that's a transaction.
Gat you keep complaining. Nam you keep countering. They are all points of view. You have at them. This is mine.:joy

Last edited:
Bartok-the-magnificent.jpg

This thread is for updates and information... I'd hate to see it locked for continued immature behaviour.

Thank you.

HI everyone-
My name is Marc and I’m the guy that is the business end for Shawn- I am financially invested in the company and we work 50/50 on everything- all he does is production an shipping- I do everythingh else.

Now I have read over MANY of these posts (I don’t have the rest of the year to finish them but I get the point) and most of you have valid complaints.

As such it is clear that another explanation is in order: The facts are as follow:
Although he has help now prior to my arrival Shawn was a ONE MAN advertisement, sales, accounts administration, design, production and shipping company. Now regardless of what you think he does have a family and other responsibilities that do from time to time cause delays, malfunctions and all sorts of other issues and that’s why he and I restructured everything, at which point I bought in as his partner and now we are on the path to getting caught up.
I handle all the sales from eBay which fund his supplies, production ,shipping and design not to mention materials and other items for new designs and improvements.

Basically what I am saying is yes, deadlines were missed, people got bumped and jostled and we are very much aware of it- if you ask him he will tell you I ride him mercilessly about staying on schedual but if you check ANY successful company DEADLINES ARE MISSED FROM TIME TO TIME (Triad' Eva bodies ring a bell?)..

Now I am not making excuses here- I am stating facts.
Now as Shawn has stated he simply cannot spend HOURS poring thru emails and be expected to get anything accomplished- What I do for him is simple- I keep him on schedule and make sure he knows what’s due and when. That is why I am here..

I would like for everyone that has orders in with Shawn to contact me via PM or however you choose and list out for me what he owes you. I will make sure you get it.
NOTE: this does NOT mean you will be getting your items tomorrow. Again- my job is to make sure you get it and in the order in which it was received.

include the following:
Item ordered
Date (payment date and transaction number if you can but not needed)
Shipping address

Now if you choose not to work with me then you will be gotten to when we can. Again and I can’t stress this enough: Shawn is ONE MAN. That’s why I am here. Do with that as you will
And of course if you need to speak to me I will be more than happy to communicate as you need.

Shawn has apologized profusely for this (and some of you understand) but believe me he is VERY much aware of how long this has taken – we will get this fixed..

Now about our ‘friend’ GatackFC:
Could someone, ANYONE please explain to me what a $50 piece of TOY clothing would have to do with a member of Shawn’s family dying..?
I am at a loss as to how anyone could take a 'person' like him seriously (I don’t, obviously..) but the fact is if the guy wants to argue like a spoiled child I am MORE than happy to oblige. ANd oh by the way- we don't owe HIM anything.. He has his stuff..

Now, I know there are some on here that feel I was out of line (I do not agree BTW) but the guy is a POS. Just read what he posted. He wants a member of Shawn's family to die over A TOY JACKET.. Shawn told me his wife read that this morning.. Real nice guy this Kenny.. Look,When you insult a friend of mine (and Shawn and I have been friends for years) then I make NO apology for what I might say.
In fact I have MUCH more but I will send that to him personally.

As for the negatives on eBay? Yeah.. I’m very worried about what someone like him has to say. Watch me shiver. THAT is part of the reason I recommend that Shawn not come on here too often- he can’t take ‘people’ (TRYING to be nice here..) like this.. I on the other hand LOVE people like him. So “Kenny” or GatackFC or whatever you go by- feel free to email me anytime you need a refresher- I’m here for you... Platonically, of course..

Everyone else- feel free to contact me and I will get your information and I will keep you updated as often as you’d like (within reason) and I assure you all: YOU WILL GET YOU ITEMS...

Thanks
Marc

Thank you Marc, for the update (ironically enough) in the update thread.

Yes- I intend to be here much more often- I do not want Shawn on here because this stuff gets to him. People are being delayed and we are aware of that but I am here to help..

But this Kenny guy is amazing- Shawn's wife had to read about him WANTING a family member dead over a coat.. Can you imagine that..?!?

Thanks for the support..

Last edited by a moderator:
HI everyone-
My name is Marc and I’m the guy that is the business end for Shawn- I am financially invested in the company and we work 50/50 on everything- all he does is production an shipping- I do everythingh else.

Now I have read over MANY of these posts (I don’t have the rest of the year to finish them but I get the point) and most of you have valid complaints.

As such it is clear that another explanation is in order: The facts are as follow:
Although he has help now prior to my arrival Shawn was a ONE MAN advertisement, sales, accounts administration, design, production and shipping company. Now regardless of what you think he does have a family and other responsibilities that do from time to time cause delays, malfunctions and all sorts of other issues and that’s why he and I restructured everything, at which point I bought in as his partner and now we are on the path to getting caught up.
I handle all the sales from eBay which fund his supplies, production ,shipping and design not to mention materials and other items for new designs and improvements.

Basically what I am saying is yes, deadlines were missed, people got bumped and jostled and we are very much aware of it- if you ask him he will tell you I ride him mercilessly about staying on schedual but if you check ANY successful company DEADLINES ARE MISSED FROM TIME TO TIME (Triad' Eva bodies ring a bell?)..

Now I am not making excuses here- I am stating facts.
Now as Shawn has stated he simply cannot spend HOURS poring thru emails and be expected to get anything accomplished- What I do for him is simple- I keep him on schedule and make sure he knows what’s due and when. That is why I am here..

I would like for everyone that has orders in with Shawn to contact me via PM or however you choose and list out for me what he owes you. I will make sure you get it.
NOTE: this does NOT mean you will be getting your items tomorrow. Again- my job is to make sure you get it and in the order in which it was received.

include the following:
Item ordered
Date (payment date and transaction number if you can but not needed)
Shipping address

Now if you choose not to work with me then you will be gotten to when we can. Again and I can’t stress this enough: Shawn is ONE MAN. That’s why I am here. Do with that as you will
And of course if you need to speak to me I will be more than happy to communicate as you need.

Shawn has apologized profusely for this (and some of you understand) but believe me he is VERY much aware of how long this has taken – we will get this fixed..

Now about our ‘friend’ GatackFC:
Could someone, ANYONE please explain to me what a $50 piece of TOY clothing would have to do with a member of Shawn’s family dying..?
I am at a loss as to how anyone could take a 'person' like him seriously (I don’t, obviously..) but the fact is if the guy wants to argue like a spoiled child I am MORE than happy to oblige. ANd oh by the way- we don't owe HIM anything.. He has his stuff..

Now, I know there are some on here that feel I was out of line (I do not agree BTW) but the guy is a POS. Just read what he posted. He wants a member of Shawn's family to die over A TOY JACKET.. Shawn told me his wife read that this morning.. Real nice guy this Kenny.. Look,When you insult a friend of mine (and Shawn and I have been friends for years) then I make NO apology for what I might say.
In fact I have MUCH more but I will send that to him personally.

As for the negatives on eBay? Yeah.. I’m very worried about what someone like him has to say. Watch me shiver. THAT is part of the reason I recommend that Shawn not come on here too often- he can’t take ‘people’ (TRYING to be nice here..) like this.. I on the other hand LOVE people like him. So “Kenny” or GatackFC or whatever you go by- feel free to email me anytime you need a refresher- I’m here for you... Platonically, of course..

Everyone else- feel free to contact me and I will get your information and I will keep you updated as often as you’d like (within reason) and I assure you all: YOU WILL GET YOU ITEMS...

Thanks
Marc

PM sent..............

All I want to say is that I got my Jacket from Sovereign Studio! It looks amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back