Sovereign Indy gear, updates/info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My set was missing the boots when it finally arrived.

Just to warn you guys too, it absolutely stinks of cigarette smoke. :(

I was afraid of that... Especially after hearing all the reports of people's Batmans smelling of cigar or cigarette smoke.

A little trick we used to use at the mortuary to get out dead funk. Fold a washcloth into a square and soak it in Listerine (gotta be Listerine - I don't know why but other mouthwashes just don't work). Then put it and the jacket in opposite ends of a boot-sized shoebox, and leave it sit for a week. If it can get out dead funk, it should be able to get out cigarette smoke.

Good tip. I've heard baking soda/powder and a shoe-box works too. It's certainly not going in the case if it reeks of smoke, then again it'd have to be here first. :lol

Good tip. I've heard baking soda/powder and a shoe-box works too. It's certainly not going in the case if it reeks of smoke, then again it'd have to be here first. :lol

I've never had baking soda work for removing an odor. Usually it just absorbs the smell giving you two items that reek. :lol

shawn has been on today. why can't he give us an update on the orders?

For cigarette smoke, what people do for action figures, is to just seal them in a tupperware container. The plastics exchange molecules or something, and I guess it just absorbs the smell.

The same process might work for these jackets.

For cigarette smoke, what people do for action figures, is to just seal them in a tupperware container. The plastics exchange molecules or something, and I guess it just absorbs the smell.

The same process might work for these jackets.

If I used my wife's Tupperware for that, I'd wake up to find something else sealed in the container. :lol

shawn/marc whatever his name is.... really is the worst person to ever buy anything from. I finally got an email back from him today and he actually went and shipped it out.... today. which is ????ing ridculous because I paid for the item via ebay on the 2nd. it took him 28 ????ing days to ship out an item?..... and to make things worst the guy says it took so long because there has been a death in the family.

really?! dont insult my intelligence. he was still communicating with me frequently via emails that very night I paid him. but as soon as he got the money he vanishes.... did he purposely murder someone? give me a break.

shawn/marc whatever his name is.... really is the worst person to ever buy anything from. I finally got an email back from him today and he actually went and shipped it out.... today. which is ????ing ridculous because I paid for the item via ebay on the 2nd. it took him 28 ????ing days to ship out an item?..... and to make things worst the guy says it took so long because there has been a death in the family.

really?! dont insult my intelligence. he was still communicating with me frequently via emails that very night I paid him. but as soon as he got the money he vanishes.... did he purposely murder someone? give me a break.

Is he really? At least you're getting what you paid for. True it's taken a lot longer than you expected, yet not as long as some, but you're getting it.

well lucky me...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69349

draw your attention to this thread if you want to address any issue with sovereign

Oooooh, so you can start a libelous thread! :clap:clap:clap

Congratulations in your impatience to commission a custom piece. If you'd bothered to research it or ask around you'd know that these things don't come overnight. Additionally, you'd know that others have waited longer for their pieces before posting 1000+ word temper tantrums. In the end, you're getting what you ordered. Despite the length of time it took (which is laughably short compared to others), you're still getting it. Publicly demeaning him by comparing him to the thief that is Howes is downright libel and a sue-able offense.

Last edited:
At this point, it doesn't help anyone to care or comment on why others are posting what they are, let's try to keep discussion in here focused on the products and getting resolution from Shawn, that's all anyone's really after.

Oooooh, so you can start a libelous thread! :clap:clap:clap

Congratulations in your impatience to commission a custom piece. If you'd bothered to research it or ask around you'd know that these things don't come overnight. Additionally, you'd know that others have waited longer for their pieces before posting 1000+ word temper tantrums. In the end, you're getting what you ordered. Despite the length of time it took (which is laughably short compared to others), you're still getting it. Publicly demeaning him by comparing him to the thief that is Howes is downright libel and a sue-able offense.

yeah? ur point..? i didnt order from him here. it was ebay and his unprofessionalism stretches there too. i've been prone to give many people extensions in the past even now but this guy just downright lies. care to tell me why you seem to feel the need to defend a person like him? are you that narrowminded or are you just a pissed off petty person whos on the waiting list after 5 years?... oh so voice ur animosity towards the man don't hold it within you and then lash out at others like me.

I don't see why a public demeaning is such taboo given his track record is even worse than howes. This guy has a saga that goes all the way back to 2003. He's just a better liar is all.

the scumbag is selling more jackets and whips on ebay NOW! immeadiate payment required though! nice one get the money now and never send the stuff out for months and months and months

yeah? ur point..? i didnt order from him here. it was ebay and his unprofessionalism stretches there too. i've been prone to give many people extensions in the past even now but this guy just downright lies. care to tell me why you seem to feel the need to defend a person like him? are you that narrowminded or are you just a pissed off petty person whos on the waiting list after 5 years?... oh so voice ur animosity towards the man don't hold it within you and then lash out at others like me.

I don't see why a public demeaning is such taboo given his track record is even worse than howes. This guy has a saga that goes all the way back to 2003. He's just a better liar is all.

So leave it there at ebaY. Leave him a negative feedback, have a good cry, and get over it. What you're doing here isn't going to do anything more than get all the other pantywaists riled up into slamming all the other customizers. Considering you've already gotten your order, what you are doing is just malicious, nothing more. I don't see how your little public temper tantrum is going to be productive. Likely it'll only stir up the hornets nest and people will start taking it out on any customizer who hasn't finished the order in a week or two. Again, that's counterproductive. Comparing him to Howes is frankly moronic, as again, people are getting their orders. Howes just up and disappeared with everyone's money. Clearly not the case here, as again, people are getting their orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back