South Park vs. Family guy vs. The Simpsons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one do you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta go with The Simpsons. I enjoy all three, with South Park for me remaining consistantly funny and raunchy as hell. But I don't think any cartoon has had a better episode than The Simpsons when Burns wants his bear Bobo back. That whole season was about as well written as they get, but that episode doesn't have a bad joke and although I've seen it too many times to count, still makes me laugh out loud. Mostly I'm a fan of how they make the side characters so memorable and funny as hell. Burns, Smithers, Moe, Lenny and Carl. All three showas are great, but The Simpsons in their prime is unmatchable.

That's something I like about the simpsons too. It really hit me in the movie when you see so many background characters together and so many aren't just "extras" but people who have names and histories from previous episodes.

I voted for The Simpsons. I don't really like South Park or Family Guy. One is popular only because of its oppositional nature and the other is irreverent and random.

Simpsons > South Park > Family Guy.

South Park all the way! They always seem to make good points in the end and have made me laugh out loud many a times. I have every season on DVD.

I do like Simpsons, but I quit watching it years ago. Family Guy, I've only seen bits and pieces and I didn't like it at all.

I miss Ren & Stimpy. The first couple of seasons before the change.

TV MA Ren and Stimpy on Spike was one of the weirdest things to have watched as a fan. They suddenly became a gay couple?

I have all the old episodes on DVD though. "No sir, I don't like it!"

I liked the Simpsons back when I was in grade school, but now it just seems unfunny most of the time. I do like the characters a lot and have nostalgia for it.
South Park can be hilarious at times but the jokes are funny mostly due to shock value. Most of SP's jokes wear off fast and the show isn't as funny or enjoyable on repeat viewings, I think that's mostly due to the show's boring art style (imo). There are a few episodes that I love to watch on repeats though.
Family Guy at times has the same waning shock value but is more constantly funny without the shock then SP. But more importantly, I can watch repeats and not get tired of FG unless it's some of the earliest episodes.
So for me it's:
Family Guy > South Park > American Dad > Futurama > The Simpsons.

South Park has the No-Holds-Bar Comedy that's hilarious, Simpsons has the Good Family Comedy with an awesome plethora of awesome characters, and family Guy can be VERY hit and miss. Anybody notice that in Family Guy recently, they seem to forget that Brian's a dog and Stewie's a baby; I mean, they don't have those character doing dog or baby stuff.

But I will agree that FUTURAMA is one of the funniest show I've ever seen and DAMN FOX FOR CANCELLING IT :emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor

there was a thing on tv here a few years back , 100 greatest cartoons. Family guy came 4th I think south park second and simpsons 1st. I think looney tunes was third.
looney tunes should be in front of south park. SP is awesome but its just the overallness and depth and meaning of simpsons and looney tunes that make them more awesome and deserving of the title " the best cartoons ".

It's dawned on me that this poll could probably be renamed 20-Somethings vs. Teens vs. 30-Somethings

I dunno i'm 30 something and still go for SP. ( but just barely over the simpsons) Family guy is closer than i thought, i knew it would be 3rd but i thought a more distant 3rd.

It's dawned on me that this poll could probably be renamed 20-Somethings vs. Teens vs. 30-Somethings

So which is which? I know I should probably be able to figure it out on my own, but for a smart guy sometimes I can be rather dense. :eek:

South Park has the No-Holds-Bar Comedy that's hilarious, Simpsons has the Good Family Comedy with an awesome plethora of awesome characters, and family Guy can be VERY hit and miss. Anybody notice that in Family Guy recently, they seem to forget that Brian's a dog and Stewie's a baby; I mean, they don't have those character doing dog or baby stuff.

But I will agree that FUTURAMA is one of the funniest show I've ever seen and DAMN FOX FOR CANCELLING IT :emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor

I remember when the first couple of seasons of the Simpsons were on TV. Everyone thought they were so controversial. I remember Oprah dedicating a show to condemn it as a bad influence. She was holding up a Bart Simpson shirt with "Underachiever: ...and proud of it, man!" on it. Don't ask me why I was watching Oprah, I was 11 years old. :lol It is funny how the bar has been raised in 15-20 years.

Easily family guy, the writers on that show are fantastic. simpsons was a classic, dont get me wrong, but those new ones STINK! It's funny, they made that episode 'we'll never stop the simpsons' and every one after that went down hill :p South Park is just as cool as family guy, but not made as well, so, yeah family guy for me

there was a thing on tv here a few years back , 100 greatest cartoons. Family guy came 4th I think south park second and simpsons 1st. I think looney tunes was third.
looney tunes should be in front of south park. SP is awesome but its just the overallness and depth and meaning of simpsons and looney tunes that make them more awesome and deserving of the title " the best cartoons ".

The older, uncensored Road Runner cartoons were great. :lol

I voted on Family Guy,just because I feel that the Simpsons have fallen off a bit. Old Simpsons is the best overall,no doubt. But here recently I haven't been able to get into it like I used to. I'm finding Family guy to be funnier nowadays.

Back