Sounds like Hasbro wants to get back into the SW 12' Game!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Light up eyes on C3P0 are a must. And I think the HT Iron Man is a bad comparison - closer would be the Battle Damaged T800 and Endoskeleton, both of which featured light up eyes with a small battery in the base of the neck, and most of the electronics limited to the head. Easy peasy and shouldn't really add much to the final price.

This info about the T800 Endo has me intrigued.. can you describe how the battery is at the base of the neck? I really don't wanna see any visible batter compartments on the final figure if it can be avoided.

I wouldn't mind if Hasbro decided to make some of their 1/6 scale pieces like a land speeder or Anakin's swoop bike.

If I was designing 3PO, I would place a lithium battery in the torso that slides into that back. If you examine most devices that use lithium 'watch' batteries, the battery slides on a tray. I'll see if I can take a pic of a battery tray for a better explanation. Anyone have a photo of 3PO's backside?

Concidering that my first 1/6 collectibles were HASBRO, it wouldn't bother me if they got back into it. I pre-ordered the Indy when it came out, along with Luke and Han. When I found out that HASBRO was releasing som IJ 1/6th figs, I cancelled. But, I also collect GG busts and maquettes, so with the price of gas (and everything else) something had to give and for me it was the sideshow figures. If HASBRO ever does get back into star wars 1/6th, I'll get 'em...Meerly for the price point. But, I also customize so when I found out that HASBRO was getting out of 1/6th, it was a mad rush to get as many VOTC Stomtroopers and EPIII clones as I could scoop up...and it still wasn't enough. Although I will be the first to admit that SSC 1/6th is top notch, they're just not as high a priority (for me) as they once were.

Last edited:
If Hasbro looks at the way Sideshow's SW 12-inch Line is selling and think that they could sell the same amount at the same speed if they take over the line, then they are DEAD wrong!

Unless they only have limited runs, like SS...Let's face it. If you make 1000 dolls and place a "LIMITED EDITION" sticker on it, people go ape for it.

If SS is so good, why is it that many of these threads tear them apart saying their figures suck!! Go figure. I love SS:naughty

If SS is so good, why is it that many of these threads tear them apart saying their figures suck!! Go figure. I love SS:naughty

Maybe it's becoming more difficult for people to find they're up to snuff for the price they're asking. not that they absolutely suck (except for Bespin Han teehee). It will only get worse since they refuse to retire that old Buck body.

Back