Sounds like Hasbro wants to get back into the SW 12' Game!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Well we get Vader and Stormtroopers and now the fans have to find something else to complain about not having yet. I guess whoever asked what would be the next thing that people would complain about it is the droids and Fett not being made yet. I really hope these along with a Chewie is made sometime but I really think that trying to bad talk Sideshow like this isnt helping."

HHeeyy... easy there tiger. We can't all be super-freaky, but if you've read all the thread, the majority of us are defending SSC. But for what it's worth, I'm right there with you about inncessant griping! I ordered 2 Vader's myself. The finest offered at mass market "collectible"/retail. Now if only they could do something about that stitching.

"Well we get Vader and Stormtroopers and now the fans have to find something else to complain about not having yet. I guess whoever asked what would be the next thing that people would complain about it is the droids and Fett not being made yet. I really hope these along with a Chewie is made sometime but I really think that trying to bad talk Sideshow like this isnt helping."

HHeeyy... easy there tiger. We can't all be super-freaky, but if you've read all the thread, the majority of us are defending SSC. But for what it's worth, I'm right there with you about inncessant griping! I ordered 2 Vader's myself. The finest offered at mass market "collectible"/retail. Now if only they could do something about that stitching.

I know the people here are defending Sideshow, I was talking about the people who will never be happy with this line unless every important characer from all 6 movies is made today. That guy really should have not been dissing Sideshow like that. I know people here sometimes whine about wanting this figure or that but to misrepresent Sideshow opinion on certain characters is just down right wrong and a site like that with its long history should not be doing that. I do have a feeling that alot of the people who were whining for Vader will now start whining to get the droids and Fett. Sideshow should just go along at a nice pace realeaseing figures that make sense to them. I know that Fett and the droids are important but if Sideshow needs some time to get them right well then let them go at it and then we get things like what we got last week. Im sure that Fett and droids and even Chewie are in some stage of development.

In way, I hope Hot Toys gets to do the droids.

Didn't someone in the Marvel Iron Man thread say he spoke with Sideshow reps and they said (in so many words) that they were dumb founded Hot Toys could be so innovative to make something like Iron Man? That kind of talk scares me. As if they were implying the Sideshow artists could never stretch their legs that far.

It was also said that if Sideshow made the Tumbler, it would cost one thousand dollars.
I remember something like that at the panel and it had to do with making iron man and keeping the price they did. It had nothing to do with ability to make something but to do it the cost they did. They did say that the tumbler would have probably cost a thousand dollars. But also remember this was just a number thrown out there not a researched number. This all kinda came up about the idea of 1/6 vehicles. For SW in the end they said it not out of the realm of possibility but it just has able to be done a manageable cost that would sell.

Personally I'm happy with the pace they are keeping.

I had to pass on preordering the latest zombies after I realized I had Clone Obi Wan, Indy, Ki Adi Mundi, and Vader I've spent $355+ shipping to SSC. If they sped things up I would have to skip even more figures.

The pace is fine. There is no need to release 6-10 figure waves like the mass market does. This line would fail with the current pricepoints.

I was talking about the people who will never be happy with this line unless every important characer from all 6 movies is made today. That guy really should have not been dissing Sideshow like that. I know people here sometimes whine about wanting this figure or that but to misrepresent Sideshow opinion on certain characters is just down right wrong and a site like that with its long history should not be doing that. I do have a feeling that alot of the people who were whining for Vader will now start whining to get the droids and Fett.

I agree. I remember how they kept crying about "give us Vader, give us stormtroopers, give us ARMORED FIGS!" Then the whining was focused on giving them an OT vader vs. the ROTS vader after the semi-reveal. Now that their wishes have been granted, they find other stuff to nitpick about. They also complain about SSC's main focus not being on the OT figs even though the majority of the figures released have, in fact, been OT figs (and we just got two more Friday!).

Something else that's funny. People complained about the Mundi figure and also about his lack of accessories. Yet, Aayla didn't really have much in the way of accessories either, but that was never mentioned. Instead, they griped about the sculpt saying it wasn't accurate, yet it looks very much like Amy Allen. Maybe Sideshow should start including packets of tissues with all their SW figures. That way the people who cry about them, YET STILL ORDER THEM, will have something for their tears.

Regardless of complaining fans, power converters or anything else, the interviewer really didn't sound very professional there. I realize he's not a professional, he's a mod from a fan site, but it still seems as if he's trying to come off with a bit more authority on a subject in which he may/may not be all that well versed from the sound of it.

Not that I think it's going to make a bit of difference one way or the other ...

I'm still surprised that there are those out there who prefer the license to be fully back in the hands of Hasbro - not saying that the interviewer is one such person, but they are out there.

I remember something like that at the panel and it had to do with making iron man and keeping the price they did. It had nothing to do with ability to make something but to do it the cost they did. They did say that the tumbler would have probably cost a thousand dollars. But also remember this was just a number thrown out there not a researched number. This all kinda came up about the idea of 1/6 vehicles. For SW in the end they said it not out of the realm of possibility but it just has able to be done a manageable cost that would sell.

Yeah, I just took it at they where kind of like man its crazy they got all that detail in it for that price. The number was just pulled out of the air or at least like you thats how I took it.

Hey I think I'm noticing a... pattern.

SW are never happy for more than 7 seconds.

What makes you think it last that long? :lol

Didn't someone in the Marvel Iron Man thread say he spoke with Sideshow reps and they said (in so many words) that they were dumb founded Hot Toys could be so innovative to make something like Iron Man? That kind of talk scares me. As if they were implying the Sideshow artists could never stretch their legs that far.

It was also said that if Sideshow made the Tumbler, it would cost one thousand dollars.

That was at the Sideshow panel on Thursday at SDCC. They just expressed the same amazement that we all do over the genius that is the Hot Toys 1:6 Iron Man.

As far as the Tumbler cost quote, that is exactly what was said. Brock basically stated that he couldn't figure out how Hot Toys is only charging $500 for their Tumbler and that if Sideshow had made it it'd be "at least $1,000.00". More than a few of us were surprised that he would make such a statement, especially given the testy pricing issues of late.

After seeing the latest SSC pieces I don't think I could ever buy Hasbro 1/6 pieces again.

I have some Kenner/Hasbro's 12-inch SW Figures including Palpatine, Shaak Ti, Sandtrooper & Dewback and CPT Tarpals & Kaadu but given a choice, I still prefer Sideshow's 12-inch SW Figures.

If Sideshow no longer produce 12-inch SW Figures and Hasbro takes over the line, it would be very difficult for me to continue buying every 12-inch SW Figure being released. Even if I do buy them, I would be very very selective.

If Sideshow no longer produce 12-inch SW Figures and Hasbro takes over the line, it would be very difficult for me to continue buying every 12-inch SW Figure being released. Even if I do buy them, I would be very very selective.

It would be impossible for me. Hell, I gave on Hasbro's garbage well before SS took over...

If Hasbro looks at the way Sideshow's SW 12-inch Line is selling and think that they could sell the same amount at the same speed if they take over the line, then they are DEAD wrong! Hasbro's 12-inch Figures is no where near Sideshow's!!!

If anyone from Hasbro is listening, then they should just keep their hands off the SW 12-inch Line and let Sideshow continue with it.

If they made 12" figures and put them in the 20-30 price point for Kids that would be cool still. Really the SS figures are made for kids to play with , so why not fill that void for kids if there is demand.

Like it matters they will sell anyways, some SW collectors are crazy and collect anything

If you've looked at ebay, Sideshow SW exclusives may go as low as $20-30. I couldn't even unload a SS Darth Maul for $30 shipped.

i think the moral of the story is...SW fans whine too much. case closed.

We wanted Luke, Han, Leia, Obi Wan, Vader, Stormtroopers and we got them. What's there to complain about? Not having $5000 worth of more items to blow money on? SW fans are some of the biggest babies out there. It's really turned me off from collecting Star Wars, especially 3 3/4 inch stuff. Sideshow has done a decent job, it's just that there's no pleasing SW fans.

Light up eyes on C3P0 are a must. And I think the HT Iron Man is a bad comparison - closer would be the Battle Damaged T800 and Endoskeleton, both of which featured light up eyes with a small battery in the base of the neck, and most of the electronics limited to the head. Easy peasy and shouldn't really add much to the final price.

Back