SooSoo Toys Green Goblin Comic Book version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome. So tempted. Especially with that classic suit Spidey.
I would love to see a classic hobgoblin. That’s the one I remember from my childhood more. The green goblin was still dead when I was young.

Whoa... now THAT is the Green Goblin I remember. Completely awesome throwback.

If they offer a genuine old-school Doc Ock... I might be very tempted to start a comic book villains shelf.

SooSoo and Toys-Era better be careful with all these quality figures as of late. They might start to attract the attention of a certain legal team...

eTY0icn.gif

They'd already been taken down last December seemingly, but then they've almost doubled down with the recent figures lol
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238229

Can't wait to have these two together. :yess:

spider-man-classic-suit_marvel_gallery_5fea27514e67c.jpg

158506713_145483197430020_4204754074991997434_o.jpg

I can't help but think that's one of the reasons they were planning on this figure, it seems like the third party companies are making more villains. Still cool to get them to go with the sea of Spider-Men.

The only thing I would have liked seen added would have been a Norman Osborne head and a loose mask for him to hold. Minor nit though. They really nailed this one. I’d love for them to continue Spidey rogues. A Sinister 6 would be a dream come true.

Well it’s my first time ordering from soso toys, but I can’t imagine sideshow or anyone else giving us something this comic accurate anytime soon. Gotta be honest considering how long sideshow has had the marvel license and how slow they are at releases there are quite a few characters I would jump at if the quality on this is good.

Well it’s my first time ordering from soso toys, but I can’t imagine sideshow or anyone else giving us something this comic accurate anytime soon. Gotta be honest considering how long sideshow has had the marvel license and how slow they are at releases there are quite a few characters I would jump at if the quality on this is good.

Yeah I doubt Sideshow will get this far, and this would be $300 with them including the glider.

Well it?s my first time ordering from soso toys, but I can?t imagine sideshow or anyone else giving us something this comic accurate anytime soon. Gotta be honest considering how long sideshow has had the marvel license and how slow they are at releases there are quite a few characters I would jump at if the quality on this is good.
They haven't even revealed the Spidey they teased in that original announcement years ago. They creep along at a snail's pace for main superheroes, no way in hell they'd ever get to Goblin.

Hmmm, the more I look at this the less confident I feel about it.

The green part of the suit has a rubbery coating, and where it's creased the scales have lifted and split away from the fabric.

Look at his upper right arm:

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a figure that needs to be in dynamic poses, but looks like he'll end up battle damaged in no time.

Comic-inspired figures aren't exactly in my wheelhouse...especially 3rd party unlicensed ones, so I'm really gonna need to think long and hard before deciding to get into this line...ugh...because this could potentially be a very slippery slope! :gah:

It looks great otherwise!!!

It's pretty awesome but I don't want to jump into comic figures as well. Trying to stick with just the movies.

Hmmm, the more I look at this the less confident I feel about it.

The green part of the suit has a rubbery coating, and where it's creased the scales have lifted and split away from the fabric.

Look at his upper right arm:

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a figure that needs to be in dynamic poses, but looks like he'll end up battle damaged in no time.

I don't disagree but I think we'll be more careful posing than whoever takes these pics. Like if I bent the arm and had a figures outfit look like that I'd sit and mess with it until it's not under as much stress.

On the one hand I prefer MCU versions of characters. On the other hand, I have serious doubts about whether or not the MCU will ever create their own version of the Goblin--Sony did him twice already. So this has me tempted. Plus his Mego-style outfit really makes him creepier. He isn't a standard slick MCU villain with a costume made out of modern materials, he's a mentally ill maniac wearing a Halloween costume and throwing pumpkin bombs.

On the one hand I prefer MCU versions of characters. On the other hand, I have serious doubts about whether or not the MCU will ever create their own version of the Goblin-Sony did him twice already. So this has me tempted. Plus his Mego-style outfit really makes him creepier. He isn't a standard slick MCU villain with a costume made out of modern materials, he's a mentally ill maniac wearing a Halloween costume and throwing pumpkin bombs.

Yeah at this point I'm not sure there's a great way to introduce Green Goblin into the MCU.

I have absolutely zero concerns about the MCU introducing Norman. It's genuinely only a matter of time; when you think Spidey foes, I think even the casual person is gonna call out Goblin, Venom, or Ock.

I'd be more concerned with the when part. You probably won't see that fig for 5+ years.

Yeah at this point I'm not sure there's a great way to introduce Green Goblin into the MCU.

I think you could do it, it would have to be much scarier, more like Hobgoblin, his original run I still love, almost like a wraith. But for heavens sake, no armor please!!!

Back