Sony - The Real Phantom Menace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, i've been saying this for a a couple months. sony has promised so much stuff... and they are delivering half of it. here's where i get pissed off. i hate to sound like fanboy but oh well.
1.the 360 comes out first--all the sony boys bash it for this and that.. then they talks trash because its not completely backwards compatible--seriously, who buys the new systems to play the old games?? its nice to be able to have one system to do it all, but if its that important to you just keep the old system. so for the past year sony has been saying 100% backwards compatible on launch day--guess what?? its not.
2.they have been saying how much better the graphics will be. oh wow, you've had an extra year for development, they should. guess what?? they're not much better. all the launch games reviews are a LOT less than the 360 counterparts and none of the graphics can touch Gears of War, Ghost Recon, Oblivion.
3. they kept saying how much better HD gaming would be. well so far they havent proved it. considering that you pay $600 for the system and they give you the old component cables and not the HDMI cable. they want you to spend more money on the cables. guess why?? because HDMI is their technology and they've been trying to push it for years. oh, here's something else---the 360 upscales the old games to 720p, the PS3 doesn't. so all them old games you are playing will look... just like the old games you've been playing.
4. they keep saying how important Blu Ray is and how it will change the face of gaming. they are lying and we have yet to see them prove anything with it. sure its great for movie watching, but not necessary for gaming. wow, the game Resistance used up 16 gigs on the disc...but why don't the graphics look better than any of the 360 games?? or why is the game so short?? if Blu Ray is so great why are the games so lackluster?? lets compare to Gears of War--technically its a second-gen 360 game, but actually its been in development for over a year so they have been using the early development kits... non of the graphics on their release games even come close to it. ok, lets compare to Oblivion...easily one of the longest, most detailed RPGs around. hmmm....they made Oblivion on a regular DVD, yet it still looks better, and is much bigger than any of the PS3 games.
5. they said Blu Ray is better than HD DVD.... they haven't proved it yet and so far HD DVD is outselling Blu Ray across the board and has more movies out.
and what happens if Blu Ray loses the format war?? all the PS3 owners have a system that can play blu ray games, but now have a useless movie player.
6. What's up with their online service?? oh yeah they've been keeping a secret because its basically gonna be a ripoff of Xbox Live... think about it, there are only so many ways to successfully have an online service for a console. and guess what?? they already failed with what they used on the PS2.
6. No Rumble?? "we no longer need it because its an old technology" are you kidding me?? they don't want to use it because they will have to pay out the ass for the licensing rights. sorry, but after what?? 6 years of having it utilized in video games its become understood that it should be there. try playing Madden without it, or Fight Night without it. any FPS without rumble is boring.
7. they have created their own mindless fanboy zombies. if you are fanboy admit it. when your system has problems admit it. don't try to come up with some B.S. excuse for their mistakes. because you're not getting royalty checks from them.

~~~sorry for the long rant, but now that the PS3 is out i feel that this needed to be said. the truth is out there. do i think the PS3 will be great?? oh yeah, but its not the messiah like everyone wants it to be. more competition means more innovation, better games, and lower prices.

hairlesswookiee said:
well, i've been saying this for a a couple months. sony has promised so much stuff... and they are delivering half of it. here's where i get pissed off. i hate to sound like fanboy but oh well.
1.the 360 comes out first--all the sony boys bash it for this and that.. then they talks trash because its not completely backwards compatible--seriously, who buys the new systems to play the old games?? its nice to be able to have one system to do it all, but if its that important to you just keep the old system. so for the past year sony has been saying 100% backwards compatible on launch day--guess what?? its not.
2.they have been saying how much better the graphics will be. oh wow, you've had an extra year for development, they should. guess what?? they're not much better. all the launch games reviews are a LOT less than the 360 counterparts and none of the graphics can touch Gears of War, Ghost Recon, Oblivion.
3. they kept saying how much better HD gaming would be. well so far they havent proved it. considering that you pay $600 for the system and they give you the old component cables and not the HDMI cable. they want you to spend more money on the cables. guess why?? because HDMI is their technology and they've been trying to push it for years. oh, here's something else---the 360 upscales the old games to 720p, the PS3 doesn't. so all them old games you are playing will look... just like the old games you've been playing.
4. they keep saying how important Blu Ray is and how it will change the face of gaming. they are lying and we have yet to see them prove anything with it. sure its great for movie watching, but not necessary for gaming. wow, the game Resistance used up 16 gigs on the disc...but why don't the graphics look better than any of the 360 games?? or why is the game so short?? if Blu Ray is so great why are the games so lackluster?? lets compare to Gears of War--technically its a second-gen 360 game, but actually its been in development for over a year so they have been using the early development kits... non of the graphics on their release games even come close to it. ok, lets compare to Oblivion...easily one of the longest, most detailed RPGs around. hmmm....they made Oblivion on a regular DVD, yet it still looks better, and is much bigger than any of the PS3 games.
5. they said Blu Ray is better than HD DVD.... they haven't proved it yet and so far HD DVD is outselling Blu Ray across the board and has more movies out.
and what happens if Blu Ray loses the format war?? all the PS3 owners have a system that can play blu ray games, but now have a useless movie player.
6. What's up with their online service?? oh yeah they've been keeping a secret because its basically gonna be a ripoff of Xbox Live... think about it, there are only so many ways to successfully have an online service for a console. and guess what?? they already failed with what they used on the PS2.
6. No Rumble?? "we no longer need it because its an old technology" are you kidding me?? they don't want to use it because they will have to pay out the ass for the licensing rights. sorry, but after what?? 6 years of having it utilized in video games its become understood that it should be there. try playing Madden without it, or Fight Night without it. any FPS without rumble is boring.
7. they have created their own mindless fanboy zombies. if you are fanboy admit it. when your system has problems admit it. don't try to come up with some B.S. excuse for their mistakes. because you're not getting royalty checks from them.

~~~sorry for the long rant, but now that the PS3 is out i feel that this needed to be said. the truth is out there. do i think the PS3 will be great?? oh yeah, but its not the messiah like everyone wants it to be. more competition means more innovation, better games, and lower prices.

preach on my brother, preach on.

i feel the same way, i just don't like b.s. being shoved at me. i know they all do it but the sony bs degree is too much. you forgot to mention that when the regular xbox was more powerful, it was "all about the game experience" but now that sony has a little more power, graphics are everything.

bring on the wii so i can have my wii-60!!

hairlesswookiee said:

I agree with most of what you said Wook. However, I think you underestimate the desire to play older games. Now, I am not condemning MS for releasing a system that wasn't 100% backwards compatible. However, they promised us that they would continue to update the system for the more popular reg. X-Box games. And they haven't released a major update like that in months. I do want to be able to play my X-Box games on the 360. That way, I could trade in or give away my X-Box and still be able to play the 30 or so games I have. And the brick does take up a lot of display space I could give to my Sideshow addiction LOL.

PS3 promised up until the very end to not only be 100% compatible, but to also upgrade the video signal to HD. And they completely dropped the ball on that one. Heck, I do not care about any launch title other than Resistance, but I would have been in line yesterday with sleeping bag in hand if the machine upconverted my 40 some PS2 games to 720P. But it doesn't, and I got a good nights rest.

I am not saying that I will never own a PS3 ... I plan to buy one in April if their MLB game is great. Otherwise, I will pick one up when MGS or FF comes out. They just need to give me a game that says, "f'k'n A man, I really need this system, not 600 dollars worth of Sideshow stuff!" :D

Back