Son of Dengar's Den of Stuff.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7e9ae87506e0331748c4fed95c395f52.jpg
d0d5d58f333062b41cf910abb03c2310.jpg

Wow those are awesome!! Thanks for sharing! Great job Slikkerias and Son of Dengar!!

that`s great. might have to work on the hair treatment on my muftak. i would like to get a pair of those hands for my walrus man figure.

that`s great. might have to work on the hair treatment on my muftak. i would like to get a pair of those hands for my walrus man figure.

Water treatment and hair spray is what I used for the hair.
The hands I modeled over a pair of relaxed hands using epoxy clay. Relatively simple.

Looks great Slikk! Also, how is your walrusman jacket holding up? Both of mine had the pleather go off - it sort of got slightly sticky then the orange coating started to be able to be peeled off.

Looks great Slikk! Also, how is your walrusman jacket holding up? Both of mine had the pleather go off - it sort of got slightly sticky then the orange coating started to be able to be peeled off.

Thanks!
My jacket did the same. I painted it with layers of acrylic paint to replace the rubber coating.

Hey guys!! I couldn't get on the board for days!! Ugh!! Anyways, Slikkerias!! Your Muftak looks sick man!! You did a hell of a job with the weathering and the paint job sir! You do him justice!!

And guys thanks for the kind words, Stryker, Chakaman, Darkness, Dls, Talibane, Dr37, Cagoda, Grievous, Boink, Rocky, coming on here and trading tips and seeing what you guys do is my happy place. Really. I love this stuff!

I should be able to get some good time in the studio in the next few days and have some updates on Ephant Mon and a Hammerhead & Greedo mod. Oh yeah and since I couldn't get on, if you can't contact me on here you can reach me at my name plus gmail.com. Not sure if it's against the rules to post email addresses. if it is, my apologies to the admins!

Thanks!
My jacket did the same. I painted it with layers of acrylic paint to replace the rubber coating.

Ah okay, yeah I did the same thing. It does lose some of that nice puffiness on the ribbing and smooth finish the original pleather coating had though - yours looks better than mine (mine still has that bumpiness of the fabric showing through - not enough paint.)

I am planning to do another couple of coats on mine to get the orange a bit less bright (I used fabric paint so it was more supple, but coats of correct orange acrylic should be okay over it) and to smooth the surface a bit more. I will build up the paint on the shoulder ribbing also so they read better.

6jozA0p.jpg

Edit: sorry Son of Dengar for sidetracking your thread! I thought this was the "nobody making custom figures anymore" thread.:slap

Hey guys!! I couldn't get on the board for days!! Ugh!! Anyways, Slikkerias!! Your Muftak looks sick man!! You did a hell of a job with the weathering and the paint job sir! You do him justice!!

And guys thanks for the kind words, Stryker, Chakaman, Darkness, Dls, Talibane, Dr37, Cagoda, Grievous, Boink, Rocky, coming on here and trading tips and seeing what you guys do is my happy place. Really. I love this stuff!

I should be able to get some good time in the studio in the next few days and have some updates on Ephant Mon and a Hammerhead & Greedo mod. Oh yeah and since I couldn't get on, if you can't contact me on here you can reach me at my name plus gmail.com. Not sure if it's against the rules to post email addresses. if it is, my apologies to the admins!

What mods are you offering for Hammerhead and Greedo? And can't wait to see updates on the Ephant.:yess:

I am also looking forward to seeing these Hammerhead and Greedo sculpts/variations as well as the mighty Ephant Mon :impatient:
:D

Ah okay, yeah I did the same thing. It does lose some of that nice puffiness on the ribbing and smooth finish the original pleather coating had though - yours looks better than mine (mine still has that bumpiness of the fabric showing through - not enough paint.)

I am planning to do another couple of coats on mine to get the orange a bit less bright (I used fabric paint so it was more supple, but coats of correct orange acrylic should be okay over it) and to smooth the surface a bit more. I will build up the paint on the shoulder ribbing also so they read better.

6jozA0p.jpg

Edit: sorry Son of Dengar for sidetracking your thread! I thought this was the "nobody making custom figures anymore" thread.:slap

My Ponda jacket doesn?t look much better than that close up. The acrylic does give a thicker layer, but you still have to be careful not to make the fabric too stiff. But maybe use a little less bright orange to make the color look more natural I?d say. Get some earth color in with the orange in the next layer.
I love that you have the correct gun for Ponda. That whole hand and gun mix up in the scene is a mess, but I prefer sticking with the original costume like you. Just can find a DL-21 to mod for him... any idea where I could find one?
And that white second shirt? Never noticed that?
Greedo looks great too!

Oof. So, I haven?t been posting too much in the past week cause this *%#?n Ephant Mon sculpt has been very problematic. It?s taken another mold (my biggest ever) and some practical engineering but I think I finally cracked the code. I casted just a few to see how they?d come out and I?m finally happy with it. The entire head is the size of a figure so it?s a lot of product to just make one but here it is.

5D5A0A2D-2B6F-4902-8C7E-6394E2FEFF5B.jpg

I don't know how you pull off these large-scale builds the way you do, and with all that goes into them, but the end result is always awesome to see. Great stuff, SoD! :clap Looking forward to seeing your continued amazing work!

Back