SON OF A *****! HT ED-209 falling apart!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks as ED is one of my "need to get"s. I don't know why some of you have had problems with customer service at Hot Toys. They have been very helpful and always try to resolve any issues. They do speak english. Email them with pictures of your problems. Unfortunately, ED is one of the earlier movie masterpieces, so parts won't be available. HT has had some problems with their figs, but I notice they're getting better with each release and they do read the boards and listen to us.

The quality of the rubber suit on my re-issue Takara Batman is terrible, btw.

You know what you are....The new kid in town trying to make a name for himself by attacking me.Like when people used to came from anywhere in the world to have a fight with Bruce Lee...In the end,You wont be remembered, no glory,nothing....

You are a no one...boy.

And at the top, standing..in all his glory...is the Great Worm..And...

You are a no one...boy.

And I'm funny,respected, I've got an immense p-hallus and am a chick magnet.....and what are you???

ohh yeah....

You are a no one...boy.

post of the year :rock:rock

And oh yeah, im glad i stayed away and didnt spend a couple hundred on this thing only to find it falls apart.

I pray to the toy Gods that we won't see a "SON OF A *****! HT Batman falling apart!" a few years down the line....that would make me very sad.

it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to find a head piece that hasn't rotted and make a resin casting of the mesh to replace the rubber ones...

That would be an awesome idea. I still haven't had any problems with my ED yet and it's the original. When did they come out anyway? Wasn't THAT long ago was it?

Maybe HT should make one and sell it as an "Upgrade Kit" to those who need to replace it on their damaged ED209. At a token price, of course. :)

They will never do that but i would buy a resin recast of the dome. Somebody should do that, if they want some bucks.

You know what you are....The new kid in town trying to make a name for himself by attacking me.Like when people used to came from anywhere in the world to have a fight with Bruce Lee...In the end,You wont be remembered, no glory,nothing....

You are a no one...boy.

And at the top, standing..in all his glory...is the Great Worm..And...

You are a no one...boy.

And I'm funny,respected, I've got an immense p-hallus and am a chick magnet.....and what are you???

ohh yeah....

You are a no one...boy.

Now this is entertainment :)
the coca cola is coming out of my nose (and it burns)

So nobody has had trouble with HT robo yet?

I just checked mine. Everything's fine on it. My apartment attracts a lot of dust, so it's difficult to keep up on it all the time...so Robo would already have one thing going against it. Second, I've had him in the same pose for months with the elbows bent...so that would be a potential strike two.

However, the rubber isn't cracked or rotten, and he's just as poseable as ever. :chew

uhmmm i don't think hot toys will replace it... since this piece is kinda old and out of production.

I hear armorall will start to work against the rubber after a while.

Tthe things I read in this thread are scary. What should we use instead? I have my BD Predator 2 and Appleseed Deunan and Briareos still boxed for now, but in a couple of months I'm going to display them. They will be on glass protected shelves, no smoking or dust, no light, and pretty ok climate (Eastern Europe, Romania). But what could happen in the future? What kind of rubber protectants to use?

Last edited:
I checked mine and it is fine so far. But as a precaution I was looking around at the local fabric store the other day and found some fabric that would be almost a perfect mactch for it. You can kind of see throught is a little so you would have to paint the dome part underneath it black but I think it you glued it on it would be hard to tell the difference.

I checked mine and it is fine so far. But as a precaution I was looking around at the local fabric store the other day and foung fome fabric that would be almost a perfect mactch for it. You can kind of see throught is a little so you would have to paint the dome part underneath it black but I think it you glued it on it would be hard to tell the difference.

That foam would deteriorate over time aswell, not really a solution. a resin recast is.

Someone please make a resin cast! I'm 100% down to buy one. Either that or we all send a petition to HT for a replacement piece. I know the Ed209 is old but I've go tot believe they still have the molds laying around...

Someone please make a resin cast! I'm 100% down to buy one. Either that or we all send a petition to HT for a replacement piece. I know the Ed209 is old but I've go tot believe they still have the molds laying around...

I agree, maybe we should open a new thread on the recast thing.

Back