Some Q's regarding Buck to Prometheus switch (Smuggler Han)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstep13

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im interested in switching the Sideshow Smuggler Han from his Buck body to the Prometheus body and I wanted to come to the best for this.

Is it worth it or is the difference negligible?

If I were to proceed with the switch, is there anything I need to acquire before hand? (i.e. certain parts I need to add to mod neck/wrists/ankles)

Is it relatively easy? Keep in mind, Im a complete novice so anything that requries dremmeling or cutting is even above my no-talent-having self.

If theres any pre-existing tutorials that you want to point me to is fine with me as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :peace

Im interested in switching the Sideshow Smuggler Han from his Buck body to the Prometheus body and I wanted to come to the best for this.

Is it worth it or is the difference negligible?

If I were to proceed with the switch, is there anything I need to acquire before hand? (i.e. certain parts I need to add to mod neck/wrists/ankles)

Is it relatively easy? Keep in mind, Im a complete novice so anything that requries dremmeling or cutting is even above my no-talent-having self.

If theres any pre-existing tutorials that you want to point me to is fine with me as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :peace

My advice is not to do it. At least, not to a Prometheus. Go to a Hot Toys narrow shoulder or something of the like. The Pro is too short.

Ah good to know.I happen to have a Pro so thats why I was dead set on the Pro. Its not too difficult to switch from a Buck to a HT body right? Any difficult modding involved? Thanks for the help!

Not hard at all... just heat up Han's head and pop it onto a short neck joint and then put that on the HT body.

I would not use the Sideshow ungloved hands as they don't looks as nice (IMO) as the HT hands. But if you want to use the gloved hands those should fit on the HT wrist pegs w/o any issue. You'll also need to use feet as the Sideshow boots (if you use them) are completely hollow; unlike HT boots and shoes.

But, just for the sake of argument... if you do swap a figure from a buck to the Prometheus the swap is similar. Biggest issue is finding feet that will work with the body. If the boots are hollow you can use the Buck feet as they will fit on the Prometheus pegs... if not you can use the HT ankle joint for HT style shoes and boots. The hands will also port over as the peg opening is the same size.

I used a Pro for my Jedi Luke figure and I think its was a worthwile swap since he is supposed to be on a short body.

bbs-1.jpg

To do this I used a HT short neck plug, Pro V1 body, gloved hand from Jedi Luke, ungloved hand from a pro figure (I think Toht?) and Buck feet.

Wow, that was very helpful, thanks GB I reallly appreciate you taking the time to explain all that! Wish me luck! :hi5:

Back