Some constructive criticism...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to do it here is side by side shot of lurtz from FOTR and Lurtz from the SS 1/4.

lurtzsideby.jpg

I think if the SS pic had the same lighting as the movie shot, those two would be virtually identical.

tomandshell said:
Are you sure the one on the left is really from the movie? His arms look skinny to me...

Yes, it's a screenshot from FOTR. He never had huge arms.

They are pulled straight from the DVD Lurtz's arms really are not that big. A few more shots and a fun one.

FELLOWSHIP_EXT_D2-1.jpg

FELLOWSHIP_EXT_D2-12.jpg

FELLOWSHIP_EXT_D2-13.jpg

FELLOWSHIP_EXT_D2-2.jpg

07_Lurtz_bowling.sized.jpg

That last one is just for fun pulled off of google images.

Yeah, he just doesn't have large arms. I wish I could have had some of those images yesterday when this talk started. This clearly shows how accurate this piece is to what we saw on screen.

Actually the arms and proportions look great, but the widow's peak is a bit too pronounced don't you think (I mean, if you have to go picking nits....).

Darklord Dave said:
Actually the arms and proportions look great, but the widow's peak is a bit too pronounced don't you think (I mean, if you have to go picking nits....).

Like Dave, If I HAD to pick....the widow's peak would be it.....But, man I think it's pretty darn close....

I would love to see some of you guys go up to Lawrence, and tell him he has "tiny arms"...:naughty :naughty

By looking at those pictures, SS Lurtz's leather armor doesn't look dark enough.
Is it just me? I haven't read anybody complaining about this. Not even daelith. :D

lakeshouse said:
By looking at those pictures, SS Lurtz's leather armor doesn't look dark enough.
Is it just me? I haven't read anybody complaining about this. Not even daelith. :D

Yeah, this is the sculpt AFTER going to the "Sarumans 24 Hour Dry-cleaning"..:wacky

Right he doesn't look weathered at all. But I'm sure some people will prefer the clean Uruk look.

It's just less dirty...plus way, way, way, way different lighting. :D

The SS pics are basically taken ultrabright to show all the detail.

This is a spectacular piece. :google

Ok, tell me you folks are complaining about how the Uruk Scout Statue had too much dirt on him? Can you imagine if this Lurtz PF had the weathering and ageing that the Uruk Scout had? One word: awesome. Even the Lurtz bust had mud streaks in his hair. Even the movie pic has that weathered look! Since when did Uruks look squeaky clean?

Back