Some constructive criticism...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the things that I always liked about the 1/6 scale line was the uniformity in the base designs. They might've had rocks or stuff like that on 'em, but they all had the same beveled edge and map design. I'd like to see the same thing in the LOTR 1/4 scale line, especially since it's already being done in the Star Wars 1/4 scale line. So, please, drop the nameplate and make the base a standard style for the whole line, adding extra bits as necessary. The forest floor does look pretty cool.

Otherwise, yeah, Lurtz looks great. He's always had a big head. It's the topknot.

HeraldElrond said:
I stand corrected, his arms look puny in person too. Good point Josh. :cool:

Ah I get one right once in a while and needed to get one more in before the year was over. LOL

As Josh has always got something positive to say about sideshow, I can't remember when certain board members said anything positive about recent SS releases or they focus on the negatives (not mentioning names but they know who they are)

I was gonna say his arms look really puny in this pic :p

71651_press04-001.jpg

Had it been up to me, I would have chosen not to have a name plate, but since they have added one here, they now must continue to have one for every LOTR PF figure. (Attakus looks to have added a name to their upcoming Grievous statue- breaking the continuity of the line.) The Marvel 1/4 scale figures have varied--some have a name (Elektra, Green Goblin), some don't (Dr. Doom, Wolverine). I really and truly would like the LOTR line to match each other. Since the line started with a name, make sure it continues that way... And the same goes for Star Wars- don't start adding names now. So there!

pitchin said:
thanks Josh

No problem.

I like the nameplate. Well, how it's done here anyways normally I don't. I hope they keep doing it the rest of the line.

I wish SS would give you the option of high res pics as you see the detail better

I like how it says fellowship of the ring in the faceplate also

i am happy to get this one.i am a lifelong hater of nameplates ,and when i read the text and it said there was a nameplate,i cringed.but looking at the base and the integration of the nameplate i dont mind it.i am 50 x more excited about this than any sideshow piece to date:banana

Its really hard to say anything bad about this piece. I guess my only complaint is the name plate, but its so subdued that it doesn't make that much of a difference.
I do love how they've made the base with the grass, rock and tree branch. Looks fantastic. :cool:
Hopefully they'll have one at ORC and we can see some images of it without the studio lighting. Sideshow is going to be at ORC this year right? :confused:

I personally think the base rocks!!! I can't say I am big on the name plate but when I seen the picture for the first time I thought the base was one of the coolest things about it.

The bow is cool but I wish they would have taken it a step further and made the arms change out so Lurtz could have been aiming the bow about to take down Boromir.

Having said that though this piece is awesome its a 22 inch Lurtz in armour and I couldn't be happier unless it was shipping this week. Who needs to buy bigger shelves I know I do.

I was totally on the fence about this piece, only because I felt the size really doesn't fit w/ the 1/6th pieces.....but oh mama, after I saw that pic, it was straight to the order button for me!! :D I did have some reservations about his huge noggin', but after seeing the pics that have been posted here, it makes total sense. I don't necessarily mind the nameplate, but now that they've opened the box I hope the rest follow suit.

I own many a Steve West sculpt, and I'm SO glad SShow decided to hire him to do the piece. Between his Cave Troll bust, Balrog bust and now this.....damn.

I have a very strong feeling that the bases will be consistant across the line - and personally I love the nameplate. As a huge fan of LotR I still might not have been able to identify the main Uruk-hai by name if it weren't for this board. Do they even say it in the movie?

The name plate is really subdued to me and looks good, I also like the base having a mossy rock look, very cool.

Back