Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

Holy cow -- that's kind of ridiculous. "Thinking about it" is a type? "Allies" is a type?

yeah... i am not sure about the growing and endless nuanced sexual preferences viewed as "identities" - people are more than who they happen to be attracted to. Other than perhaps being useful for describing one's personal preferences or outlook, I am not sure anyone IS ever really any label- even the ones they might give themselves.

I think it’s time to go back to just having ‘heterosexual’ and redefining what that means. Basically heterosexual now means you can love anything outside of yourself, as heterosexual truly only means ‘other’ or ‘different’

That is an interesting take... I'll have to marinade in that some and ponder it for a while. But even if we "are" all "heterosexuals" that really isn't who we are either - "Heterosexual" is just another label, the world existed for a long time before there were words which "identified" people by their sexual preferences - our "identity" does not actually depend on such things except in political or social fights where we want to divide up or place people in some sort of hierarchy. But outside such fights I don't think such identities are really real and thus in reality are meaningless.

No one is acting high and mighty. Can't you just read it and stfu or take in what other people are saying. Geez, I said one post. Just cause I interrupted your circle jerk of the few people agreeing with each other for hundreds of pages. If you really want the discussion to be over just don't comment! I too was discussing the movie and what they are doing to the stories .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don’t you take your own advice and stop commenting to end it? You’ve said it a few times now but keep doing it Lead by example, instead of saying one thing but doing another

yeah... i am not sure about the growing and endless nuanced sexual preferences viewed as "identities" - people are more than who they happen to be attracted to. Other than perhaps being useful for describing one's personal preferences or outlook, I am not sure anyone IS ever really any label- even the ones they might give themselves.

Exactly.

I agree on kids. But animals... I bet that comes around in 50-75 years. When we're all mostly cyborgs.

Too many animal rights activists out there to let that through... We can eat em' but we can't **** em'....

Okay thanks.... someone said that Lando was "flirting" with Han, perhaps because he said to him "buckle up baby"; but the "baby" thing in that context seems to be really a stretch to see it as real flirting and not just colorful way to talk I have noticed in some real people where it has nothing to do with their sexuality. I don't know if that is what they meant by "flirting"; but just wondering what the lines or actions actually were.

But, thanks for clarifying that it sounds like baiting or pandering all out side of the movie that is causing the most attention.

Well, that was laziness on my part I guess because I guess I should have put a + on the end (LGBTQ+) which is meant as a catch all for the ever growing list of "sexual identities". Personally, I would say everyone counts regardless of our fight over labels and which ones are the "right" ones.

No man calls anothet man baby unless he means something with it.

Would u be okay if i call you baby from now on? Do you want that honey? Ah sweetie?

Damn you guys are something else. No wonder it's only the same people in here.

For a group that doesn't like to be boxed in by society, they sure do like their specific "identifications".

That’s the hilarious irony of it... that’s why they’re always at each other’s throats. If you think the 2 sides here are ‘fighting’ you should see how badly people of the different ‘identifications’ go at each other.

Like when Ls and Gs call those who might end up with the opposite sex ‘breeders’ or ‘lifers’ as an insult, and the other side says things I can’t repeat back.

I have so many friends of different types due to where I live (downtown Vancouver). The lgbt types are always fighting within themselves. It’s sad they don’t see all the labels only serve to divide instead of unite

Why don’t you take your own advice and stop commenting to end it? You’ve said it a few times now but keep doing it Lead by example, instead of saying one thing but doing another
For a group that doesn't like to be boxed in by society, they sure do like their specific "identifications".
"Progress" is riddled with oxymorons such as the ones you guys described.

Its always like that in life -- the guys on the same side resort to in-fighting and form factions. That's how religions splinter. It's so... Human.

You are right baby

Some people say they dont want to be judged by their sexuality, but everythimg about their lives revolves around their sexuality.

This happens to straight people too. Instagram girls that hate being objectified yet 100% of their pictures are sexual in nature. Guys that dont like being called players or perverts yet every single fb post is sexual in nature. Goth chicks dont like being called satanists yet everything about them is dark sided......

Well your "side " is about to obliterated in the movie industry so good luck to you.

Yes that’s a very good comparison with the religious denominations. Basically the same thing. It’d be better if people looked at the similarities instead of the differences. That age old truism, we’re all pink on the inside :lol

You are right baby

Some people say they dont want to be judged by their sexuality, but everythimg about their lives revolves around their sexuality.

This happens to straight people too. Instagram girls that hate being objectified yet 100% of their pictures are sexual in nature. Guys that dont like being called players or perverts yet every single fb post is sexual in nature. Goth chicks dont like being called satanists yet everything about them is dark sided......

Totally.

Yes that’s a very good comparison with the religious denominations. Basically the same thing. It’d be better if people looked at the similarities instead of the differences. That age old truism, we’re all pink on the inside :lol

And everyone agrees with that sentiment if you sat across from them for dinner. But somehow, society just can't get there.

I guess lots of people lie.

All this over lando maybe saying a line of dialogue. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No man calls anothet man baby unless he means something with it.

I guess you havn't been around enough men. I played college football and for some reason "baby" is often used in a non sexual way to cheer one another on.

ePCyKq7.gif

Tim Tebow: "Let's go baby, lets go!"

Well your "side " is about to obliterated in the movie industry so good luck to you.

What side is that my baby?

I guess you havn't been around enough men. I played college football and for some reason "baby" is often used in a non sexual way to cheer one another on.

ePCyKq7.gif

You mean the same people that shower together naked and spap each other in the butt?

Is that what u mean baby? Those men? So you would let me slap your butt baby?

Normal male behavior everybody.....

david-beckham-butt-squeeze.jpg

ePCyKq7.gif

You mean the same people that shower together naked and spap each other in the butt?

Is that what u mean baby? Those men? So you would let me slap your butt baby?

Normal male behavior everybody.....

david-beckham-butt-squeeze.jpg

No I would not because you are sexualizing it.

All I am pointing out is that for many men in the culture of sports, a smack on the butt in a game or the fact that men happen to uses a community shower after the game is not in the least bit about sexuality; nor is saying "let's go baby" to a teammate to cheer them on. Culture context matters. And because these things can vary in different cultures to be viewed as sexual in some and not sexual in others demonstrates that such behavior is not somehow universally or intrinsically sexual.

Back