Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SoldierStory 1/6 “GHOSTBUSTERS” (1984) -EGON SPENGLER & Dr. PETER VENKMAN

Hope they do a better Stantz, that is the only one I want

I think this is their lot. Unless sales are incredible, which with Blitzway in-the-way I doubt it.

I still think a good portion of people are gonna dump their BW preorder by the time these arrive -- or if not certainly put "the boys" up for sale. GB was an impulse buy driven by a new movie and a desperate 'want' for this childhood classic. But at the end of the day, it's expensive to complete, takes up a lot of room in the Detolf and it doesn't have the longevity of Marvel, Star Wars, or the like. Ghostbusters isn't even as popular as Indiana Jones, and we all see how that faired with Sideshow and Hot Toys. This is another BTTF -- Marty without a proper Doc.

Last edited:

Damn, I'm not too fond of the BW Stantz.

IJ had bad HS, I mean, most people wants these figure to look like their childhood memories, otherwise it's just a strange lump of plastic on the shelf. But you might be right about the space. To me, these would be around 1000 USD, and that is too much and I don't have the space. But I'll get Stantz, if he's good. I thought Marty sold pretty well?

I don't have a crystal ball or anything, just my uniformed opinion... but time will certainly tell.

Just seems strange after all this time to reveal your GB figures and leave out the third guy. And the fourth. Which have never, ever been teased or shown anyway from SS. By the time they do reveal them, if they were to, I'm sure most of the market will have their BW versions and feel no need to make a lateral move to SS.

Well the Ego suit is from GB 2, right? Venkman's is from the first film, though.

The Egon suit is from the original, same as Venkman's-

ghostbusters-1984-001-egon-scolded-by-baddies-00m-j23.jpg

As for the packs being GB2, there really aren't that many differences in the packs to be too concerned about them being movie-specific if I am not mistaken... Thicker padding on the straps in the sequel (the SS appear to not have this and are more like the packs from the original film), black crank knob on GB2 (which the SS does have), and slight changes to the ribbon cable (this is tough to tell in the pics which version SS mimics). Other than that, they are pretty much the same packs to the naked eye.

Sallah

Is it weird that neither comes with a trap? I guess they are holding that back for Ray or something. Either way these 2 look pretty nice and will probably be cheaper than BW I guess?

With respect to the good folks who made these figures I think the comparison...just based upon the pictures...between this set and the pieces from Blitzway is similar to comparing Star Wars figures from Hot Toys and Sideshow...I loved my Heroes of the Rebellion Bespin Luke and proudly displayed and enjoyed him...and then I got the DX07 and back into his box Bespin Luke went never to be seen again.

:lol No, I just honestly think the BW have way more accurate sculpts.

I'm actually with you there.

I definitely like the expression on the SS Spengler sculpt when compared to BW's, but the BW sculpt just looks a little more accurate and detailed to me when I look at the two. Something about the shape of his head on the SS sculpt just looks a bit off to me.

The BW Venkman wins to me, as they essentially have the same expression but the SS one looks a bit soft in comparison to the BW one.

The only thing I'm diggin' more about the SS ones compared to the BW ones are the die cast packs.

Louis cracks me up in this scene. This is one of the subtle details I noticed in the film whenever I watched it as I got older. The way he mimics the hand gestures of Peck and Egon are hilarious. I also laugh at the way he mimicks Egon when he's trying to protect the containment system right after this scene.

I think this is their lot. Unless sales are incredible, which with Blitzway in-the-way I doubt it.

I still think a good portion of people are gonna dump their BW preorder by the time these arrive -- or if not certainly put "the boys" up for sale. GB was an impulse buy driven by a new movie and a desperate 'want' for this childhood classic. But at the end of the day, it's expensive to complete, takes up a lot of room in the Detolf and it doesn't have the longevity of Marvel, Star Wars, or the like. Ghostbusters isn't even as popular as Indiana Jones, and we all see how that faired with Sideshow and Hot Toys. This is another BTTF -- Marty without a proper Doc.

Yeah as much as I love GB, there are just way too many great figures coming out these days for me to pay a thousand bucks for 4 of these guys. Especially when they're all wearing the same basic outfit and the only thing really different are the headsculpts.

Here's my 2 cents for some reason Venkman looks like Quinton Tarinto but everything else looks good! Depending on the price and time span I might pick these up so I can wheather the outfits rather than touch my Blitzway special pack.

The Proton pack on this looks very well done and Blitzway also has 3 lights including the 4 circling lights, wand, purple bar however this one has certain touches such as the foam bar and metal, thats is a sweet touch! Oh and not to mention they managed to get the Elbow pads right with the black square! :thud:

I actually don't care much for Blitzway Egon sculpt personally I think more people should of voiced it to Blitzway and had it changed as I don't ever recall egon having that expression. :cuckoo: This 1 lacks sculpt detail but has a more accurate look less pissed! :rotfl

Last edited:

If they did Ray with the cigarette dangling, I might get the whole set. Blitzway's Ray sculpt was too serious for my taste.

The Venkman is...well I am guessing that they were not able to get permission to use Bill Murray's likeness...?

I'm actually with you there.

I definitely like the expression on the SS Spengler sculpt when compared to BW's, but the BW sculpt just looks a little more accurate and detailed to me when I look at the two. Something about the shape of his head on the SS sculpt just looks a bit off to me.

The BW Venkman wins to me, as they essentially have the same expression but the SS one looks a bit soft in comparison to the BW one.

The only thing I'm diggin' more about the SS ones compared to the BW ones are the die cast packs.

Louis cracks me up in this scene. This is one of the subtle details I noticed in the film whenever I watched it as I got older. The way he mimics the hand gestures of Peck and Egon are hilarious. I also laugh at the way he mimicks Egon when he's trying to protect the containment system right after this scene.

They're not for me, but I do appreciate someone doing civilian outfits for them. I think Venkman looks like a mutant. I can see why people like the Egon, but I prefer the BW.

I actually don't care much for Blitzway Egon sculpt personally I think more people should of voiced it to Blitzway and had it changed as I don't ever recall egon having that expression. :cuckoo: This 1 lacks sculpt detail but has a more accurate look less pissed! :rotfl

It may not be an expression we see very often, but he does do that in the film-

image.jpg

Sallah

The Venkman definitely only bares a passing resemblance at best to Bill Murray...the Spengler likeness is good but it has more of an action figure versus higher end collectible look.

It may not be an expression we see very often, but he does do that in the film-

View attachment 299291

Sallah

More evidence that K.A. Kim is one of, if not THE best sculptor currently sculpting 1/6 scale figures! I also thought that the choice of expression was excellent...people complain a lot about figures with blank and lifeless expressions. In this case they chose a unique and quirky expression that I think really captures the personality of the character.

More evidence that K.A. Kim is one of, if not THE best sculptor currently sculpting 1/6 scale figures! I also thought that the choice of expression was excellent...people complain a lot about figures with blank and lifeless expressions. In this case they chose a unique and quirky expression that I think really captures the personality of the character.

Complete agreement. I love the character expressed in that sculpt. Should look awesome posed with the PKE. :)

Sallah

Back