Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SoldierStory 1/6 “GHOSTBUSTERS” (1984) -EGON SPENGLER & Dr. PETER VENKMAN

I don't know, I can see what they were going for there with that look of irritation or annoyance, but in the sculpt it doesn't really come through the same way. At least for me.

Kind of like the BTTF Marty where they were going for a look of surprise but instead he just looks kinda confused.

I don't know, I can see what they were going for there with that look of irritation or annoyance, but in the sculpt it doesn't really come through the same way. At least for me.

Kind of like the BTTF Marty where they were going for a look of surprise but instead he just looks kinda confused.

Nothing wrong with that. Marty was often confused in those films.

At first glance the likeness of Egon is better than Bliztway! No interest in this product.

From the shots Egon does look to be a better likeness, but need CU photos. I've already pre-ordered Blitzway so doubtful I'd get these. May try to find a parted out head down the road. Somebody just do Ecto-1.

SS kind of cheats -- makes it look like the PKE meter glows in both pics of it (light on Egon face even). If it glows, I'm so in... but maybe its a cheap glow-in-the-dark paint.

After re-looking at the two heads, I actually think I prefer the Blitzway now. BW has better prototype sculpts anyway. We'll see what we really get in-hand.

Yep, in hand pictures will decide this.

The BW Egon is also a fantastic likeness but the expression is not something that I think of when I think of Egon in the film, even if he did have that expression a few times like Sallah pointed out.

The BW Egon is more detailed and better painted than the Soldier Story, but that could change in production.

Good looking figures. Venkman is off, but Spengler is great. I have the BW 4 pack on order and have no interest in cancelling that set at all. Especially since there is no guarantee of Ray and Winston yet.

Plus I thought these were bootlegs and no way these would ever see the light of day. :lol

Yeah, in the film it's more a look of disdain or contempt. In the sculpt the eyes are aggressive, so it's more like focused intensity.

It's missing the subtlety and nuance. It's a fine looking sculpt, but it doesn't capture the character extremely well, IMO.

I can appreciate sculpts that attempt to have a different expression as opposed to a blank, stoic expression, but I concur that the BW Egon sculpt doesn't quite capture the character in terms of expression. In this case, I do think the SS expression works better for him because Egon was often stoic with no sense of humor. However, that being said, I still prefer the BW sculpt. Despite the off expression, I think it is an overall better likeness.

Is anyone going to start a thread to petition JNix for a decent Bill Murray sculpt?

I also think SS Egon sculpt looks better, and have though so way back when it was first shown.

However, execution will be a major factor whether I pick up an extra Egon. I don't have any SS products, so not sure about the paint and in-hand product. Also, we don't have a price do we?

It's missing the subtlety and nuance. It's a fine looking sculpt, but it doesn't capture the character extremely well, IMO.

More than the expression, the head just looks a little too wide to my eye. The SS head is more properly narrow like it should be.

...and the RACE is on- SS or Blitzway to be first to release? In this case first might mean alot more sales....so January for Blitzway might be happening....

More than the expression, the head just looks a little too wide to my eye. The SS head is more properly narrow like it should be.

I'm actually the opposite on that. The shape of the SS sculpt to me looks a little off; almost like it's a little too triangular shaped. Much prefer the expression, but I overall like the sculpt of the BW one.

pretty glad didn't order the Blitzway version.

the SS suit is really a big plus and i can't see how Soldier Story will be expensive even for the deluxe version.

I will stick with BW simply for the fact I know I am getting the whole team. Now that the GB hype is ramping down again, the likeliness that SS gets to them all in a timely fashion does too.

A bird in the hand...

Sallah

Back