Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we generally want Trevor to be hired for all jobs at all times :lol

But yeah, he nailed the 1/4 version.

Oh wow!!! How did I miss this?!?! About damn time!!

No doubt this will make me and many other 1/6 collectors and GB fans happy! Like others have stated, I'm mostly just interested in the original 4 GB's being made. But I'm open to any other GB figures, especially if these first figures come out well. I also hope they tweak the heads a little bit prior to release. I have seen some amazing 1/6 GB custom figures made by members here in this forum, but for those of us who lack the ability, time or funds, these will be a great alternative!!!! :yess:

I'm also assuming that Soldier Story is not like SS or HT when it comes to wait times for figures right? meaning they don't release until a year after official announcement.

I'm still excited but have to say that I'm not feeling the Murray sculpt. I don't think it's just the expression either (although it isn't helping) but it just looks off. Ramis looks a lot better.

Yeah, likeness isn't really there. If not Snyderman or Rocco, they could have hired Trevor Grove to do the job.

SohJzmX.jpg

I was about to say you were crazy that the sculpt wasn't spot on, then realized the one you posted was the grove sculpt haha. But yeah, the official one is kind of off

I'm still excited but have to say that I'm not feeling the Murray sculpt. I don't think it's just the expression either (although it isn't helping) but it just looks off. Ramis looks a lot better.

I agree. Hopefully the display head is just an early prototype and we'll see significant improvements before they're ready for release. I'm not very familiar with soldierstory, but if the can give us something even close to these, I'll be VERY happy!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

I agree. Hopefully the display head is just an early prototype and we'll see significant improvements before they're ready for release. I'm not very familiar with soldierstory, but if the can give us something even close to these, I'll be VERY happy!!!

Not trying to kill your vibes but the expressions on these guys are not that great. I feel Ray looks like a chubby Pierce Brosnan & Pete looks way more serious imo. I'd still add them to the collection don't get me wrong lol

Good news but I'm a little torn on the whole thing. One, I was hoping for the Blitzway rumors to be true, but it sounds like the guys who are a lot more familiar with Soldier Story than I am have full faith. Two, I'm one of those guys that got half way through sourcing the parts for the custom builds, but like some other guys said, I also didn't follow through and the whole idea fell on the back burner. At first glance I figured this was the easy road and thought about selling all my GB stuff, but then the pics that Eightball posted reminded me that the time and effort will probably yield a better result than what will come straight out of SS's box.

To the accuracy savvy guys, do the Matty proton packs look better than SS's so far? Do the suits that everyone was using look better than these (I believe they were from a SS figure too that guys were dying)?

Ideally I'd love for everything to at least be great from the neck down on these, so at worst they would just need a body swap and custom sculpts, but I'm wondering if continuing the custom bash is the better move

^No worries :) I actually agree with you that those custom heads aren't perfect either. No one's really been able to perfectly capture any of the GB's expressions. I just hope the final heads on soldier story's figures improve a lot prior to release (both in likeness and expression).

Venkman and Egon both look too fat and Venkman's head looks a bit too small (unless that's a result of the body being too big).

I hope they're still a work in progress... but who am I kidding? I'll buy them regardless. It seems like a lot of production figures these days need aftermarket improvements anyway.

Good news but I'm a little torn on the whole thing. One, I was hoping for the Blitzway rumors to be true, but it sounds like the guys who are a lot more familiar with Soldier Story than I am have full faith. Two, I'm one of those guys that got half way through sourcing the parts for the custom builds, but like some other guys said I didn't follow through and the whole idea fell on the back burner. At first glance I figured this was the easy road and thought about selling all my GB stuff, but then the pics that Eightball posted reminded me that the time and effort will probably yield a better result than what will come straight out of SS's box.

To the accuracy savvy guys, do the Matty proton packs look better than SS's so far? Do the suits that everyone was using look better (I believe they were from a SS figure too that guys were dying).

Ideally I'd love for everything to at least be great from the neck down on these, so at worst they would just need a body swap and custom sculpts, but I'm wondering if continuing the custom bash is the better move

I'm in the same boat as you. I already spent close to $300 purchasing parts for my custom gb figs when I stumbled upon this thread. I think I'm leaning toward still going the custom route and will buy parts from this set to replace or upgrade parts that weren't that great from the matty figs.

And yes, I believe you're right about the custom GB suits coming from soldierstory. They were from the SS eodmu figures and redyed to match the film.

Of a tale of two camps, or a house divided.

The disturbance in the force over on OSW about what some see as the demise of sixth scale military is an 'interesting' read.

Many here foresee the dawn of a wonderful age. And over there are those who foresee the end of the world

As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and continued to cry. They fear something terrible has happened...

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous. I was trying to be polite over there, but honestly, even as a vet, I can't see much of a difference between one guy in camo loaded down with a bunch of crap, from one branch of the service to another... or, at times, from one country to another. Seeing some posts with pics of a hundred "different" figures all jammed together... I just see a hundred of the same figure. And clearly, if these companies are branching out into movie/video game licenses, then obviously the mm lines aren't selling the way they used to. Gotta go where the money is if you want to stay in business.

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous. I was trying to be polite over there, but honestly, even as a vet, I can't see much of a difference between one guy in camo loaded down with a bunch of crap, from one branch of the service to another... or, at times, from one country to another. Seeing some posts with pics of a hundred "different" figures all jammed together... I just see a hundred of the same figure. And clearly, if these companies are branching out into movie/video game licenses, then obviously the mm lines aren't selling the way they used to. Gotta go where the money is if you want to stay in business.

Well, yeah... but don't forget that you're saying this on a board where people will pay money for a pair of custom socks.

Custom socks, dude. Custom socks...

Well, yeah... but don't forget that you're saying this on a board where people will pay money for a pair of custom socks.

Custom socks, dude. Custom socks...
Well if Hot Toys would get it right, I wouldn't have to pay $700 to Kato for custom socks. But I'll happily do that ****!!!!!! Wrong shade of pink on the socks = worthless POS figure. Right socks = holy grail of collecting more important to me than my house.

Back