So...Who's Gonna Try to Order the Scoutbiker PF Online?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lcummins said:
That's a bad deal on your end... I and several others have mentioned this before; the Reward Points are equal to a 5% discount (20 points equal 1 dollar), but most of the retailers give the maximum allowed discount of 15% off pre-orders, so you are throwing away 15% now to get that 5% from Sideshow later, in essence, giving away 10%... bad collector, bad! :lol
You are correct. I still like ordering from SS when I can because of their return policy. Since they don't have the best QC, I am afraid of getting a damaged piece from a retailer and then not being able to get another one.

tomandshell said:
But SS can't do much about it, other than change their cancellation policy or implement a down payment/deposit--which isn't a bad idea on an expensive item like this.
QUOTE]

Sure they can. Announce the ES.

What exactly is a low ES for a SW peice? Would 500 be considered low?

lcummins said:
Yes... many times... and sometimes they were, and sometimes they weren't... :monkey4
I was wondering since I think I remember this for the Spidey Classic and Negative and they were LOWWWWWWW.

El Roranous said:
You are correct. I still like ordering from SS when I can because of their return policy. Since they don't have the best QC, I am afraid of getting a damaged piece from a retailer and then not being able to get another one.

Not a problem if you deal with a good retailer, especially the board dealers like Adam (DSC), Bob (Fireside), Marc (Alter Ego), Mike (Razor's Edge)... oh crap, did I leave anyone out?... if I did, I'm sorry! :rotfl

My guess is an edition size of 1250 since there is no exclusive and regular editions like normal, so this would be a "low edition size" for Star Wars PF's if you combined both edition sizes to get a total.

lcummins said:
Not a problem if you deal with a good retailer, especially the board dealers like Adam (DSC), Bob (Fireside), Marc (Alter Ego), Mike (Razor's Edge)... oh crap, did I leave anyone out?... if I did, I'm sorry! :rotfl
You are right again. Those dealers are awesome to work with. I just worry some times since these things are limited and often sold out. A replacement is never a sure thing. I would assume customers who purchase directly get first shot at replacements...but I may be wrong.

Ive never heard of a story where replacements were not available because it was sold out. They usually always have enough, given that you dont return it a year later.

The main reason I would go elsewhere will be I get a 8% discount right off the bat by saving tax plus the 10-15% they normally give. But I will secure one here just to be covered.

nash said:
Ive never heard of a story where replacements were not available because it was sold out. They usually always have enough, given that you dont return it a year later.
And you would be mostly correct. SS has not had replacements for certain items due to an abundance of problems. For example, there are no more Iron Man Busts available for replacements and I know a few people never got a Captain America vs. Red skull replacement. Although rare, it does happen.

I agree that it has nothing to do with it being sold out because they set aside a certain amount for replacements which are seperate from the run size.

To me 750 sounds about spot on - not too high as to piss off the faithful but large enough to make SS a few $$$'s.

But hey, maybe they'll surprise us all with a Han Ex. 250 (or not...) :)

tomandshell said:
If I were Sideshow, I would leave the edition size as TBD when the order goes live, and require a non-refundable $50-100 deposit.

But that would remove one of the big reasons (IMHO) to order from Sideshow vs. a number of ARs. The fact that my preorder is completely risk free is part of the reason I pre-order at all.

Besides, generating especially low ES isn't necessarily a good thing. Gentle Giant has taken a cut at that type of thing and it doesn't exactly delight the consumer. The fact that the ES is generally associated with some level of the demand is something else I'm awfully fond of about Sideshow.

El Roranous said:
And you would be mostly correct. SS has not had replacements for certain items due to an abundance of problems. For example, there are no more Iron Man Busts available for replacements and I know a few people never got a Captain America vs. Red skull replacement. Although rare, it does happen.
That's strange. because for 3 items, Wolvie comiquette, Lurtz PF, and Ghost rider maquette, Sideshow didnt have replacements in their warehouse they were having more sent from the factory in China so they put us on a waitlist for a few months until they arrived.

But then again, you have to return within the 30 day window or it's no good anyways.

Maybe those people were trying to return after their 30days were up so sideshow didnt replace them.

There are many reasons to order direct from Sideshow, and reward points are not even at the top of my list.

Cancellation policy, return policy, no deposit/no obligation order policy, lower shipping costs, receiving it the day after it starts to ship (I'm impatient), etc.

In this case, the CA sales tax is the one major deterrent for me. That's going to add up fast.

tomandshell said:
There are many reasons to order direct from Sideshow, and reward points are not even at the top of my list.

Cancellation policy, return policy, no deposit/no obligation order policy, lower shipping costs, receiving it the day after it starts to ship (I'm impatient), etc.

In this case, the CA sales tax is the one major deterrent for me. That's going to add up fast.
Yep but considering the saving for us will be maybe over $200 its hard not to go with one of the teriffic dealers we have around here.

Back