So...No Roy OR Myers...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
denger4000 said:
Why does everyone keep stating they hate JGTH? I don't want some stupid reply like, "CAUSE IT SUCKS DATS WHY, KRUGAN RULES!". If it sucks or not this thread is not about that film.

Dengar....heres a critic from Esplatter.com about the movie JGTH..IT PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP WHAT I AND 99.999999999 % OF THE PEOPLE WHO SAW IT,THINKS OF IT.

''After disappointing fans for so long, the series brought back the first film's director, Sean Cunningham, to produce and the result was this horror spoof that attempts to explain how Jason Voorhees always manages to be resurrected after every movie: He's possessed by some kind of alien entity that can travel from body to body. It's a concept that removes any sense of mystery that the series had left. It was the worst idea the producers could have ever made for a "Friday" film.

After a hilarious opening where Jason is gunned down by an army of policemen, the demon (which is a parasite that leaps from host to host) takes over other bodies. The good guys never know who the killer is. The movie basically becomes a weak imitation of the sci-fi cult favorite, "The Hidden."

It's a horrible, horrible movie, the worst of the "Friday" franchise and frankly one of the worst ever made. There is nothing more irritating than a film that takes a good formula, tries to do something clever with it, and only bores the audience in the process. When this was released to theaters, you could literally feel the mood in theaters shift from joy at the opening to "what the ****?" as the story progressed. Much of the film takes place indoors. We don't get to see much of Jason (except when he somehow shows up as a reflection in mirrors). The "Book of the Dead" from the "Evil Dead" films makes a stupid cameo appearance. Truly, "Jason Goes to Hell" marked a low point in horror cinema, when, in the early 1990s, almost nothing of real quality made its way to screens. This was a dark time for horror fans -- and "Jason Goes to Hell" was proof of it. There were some creative deaths and some impressive make-up effects. But it wasn't enough to justify this piece of ****'s existence.

For a while, it looked like "Jason Goes to Hell" would really be the ultimate anti-climax to a long-running and popular series. It would be nine years before another sequel was made -- and it would wisely ignore all the events in this flawed feature. We advise you steer clear from this awful mark on the "Friday" franchise.''

AND THE KURGAN F'N RULES !!!

Shai Hulud said:
Dengar....heres a critic from Esplatter.com about the movie JGTH..IT PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP WHAT I AND 99.999999999 % OF THE PEOPLE WHO SAW IT,THINKS OF IT.

''After disappointing fans for so long, the series brought back the first film's director, Sean Cunningham, to produce and the result was this horror spoof that attempts to explain how Jason Voorhees always manages to be resurrected after every movie: He's possessed by some kind of alien entity that can travel from body to body. It's a concept that removes any sense of mystery that the series had left. It was the worst idea the producers could have ever made for a "Friday" film.

After a hilarious opening where Jason is gunned down by an army of policemen, the demon (which is a parasite that leaps from host to host) takes over other bodies. The good guys never know who the killer is. The movie basically becomes a weak imitation of the sci-fi cult favorite, "The Hidden."

It's a horrible, horrible movie, the worst of the "Friday" franchise and frankly one of the worst ever made. There is nothing more irritating than a film that takes a good formula, tries to do something clever with it, and only bores the audience in the process. When this was released to theaters, you could literally feel the mood in theaters shift from joy at the opening to "what the ****?" as the story progressed. Much of the film takes place indoors. We don't get to see much of Jason (except when he somehow shows up as a reflection in mirrors). The "Book of the Dead" from the "Evil Dead" films makes a stupid cameo appearance. Truly, "Jason Goes to Hell" marked a low point in horror cinema, when, in the early 1990s, almost nothing of real quality made its way to screens. This was a dark time for horror fans -- and "Jason Goes to Hell" was proof of it. There were some creative deaths and some impressive make-up effects. But it wasn't enough to justify this piece of ****'s existence.

For a while, it looked like "Jason Goes to Hell" would really be the ultimate anti-climax to a long-running and popular series. It would be nine years before another sequel was made -- and it would wisely ignore all the events in this flawed feature. We advise you steer clear from this awful mark on the "Friday" franchise.''

AND THE KURGAN F'N RULES !!!

You know, I've got a place where you can stick that review.....

I really can give two farts what people say about it, I enjoy the movie and like it quite a bit, I was never one to follow what everyone else thinks and I'm going to stick to my view. I think you really enjoy bully mentailty of singling someone out because they don't share the popular opinion. It's funny because I'm suporting what you want (A Roy figure) but no, you have to single this out and go on about it because you know mow people agree with you and I think you very much enjoy being part of the "gang".

denger4000 said:
You know, I've got a place where you can stick that review.....

I really can give two farts what people say about it, I enjoy the movie and like it quite a bit, I was never one to follow what everyone else thinks and I'm going to stick to my view. I think you really enjoy bully mentailty of singling someone out because they don't share the popular opinion. It's funny because I'm suporting what you want (A Roy figure) but no, you have to single this out and go on about it because you know mow people agree with you and I think you very much enjoy being part of the "gang".

:confused: :confused: :confused: :(

Last edited:
It's ok to have an opinion Dengar.... we all do. And regardless of whether you like or dislike JGTH, we all can voice our opinions here. It's just a bit of harmless "ribbing", so don't take it too personal. I know that, speaking for myself, it's just hard not to say anything about a film or figure that let you down at one point. Especially something as terrible as JGTH. I think that is true for any one of us.

So please don't take it wrong or assume that we (that is... "the gang") are attempting to single you out and bash your opinion. We are merely presenting the counterpoint to your point. It's part of forum life and happens every day. It's not meant in ill will at all.... :peace

And JTGH is terrible, as is any Highlander movie post part 1... including the series.... and Kurgan rules... never forget that... :lol :rotfl :lol :D

JGTH is a god awful piece of steaming monkey crap......and I love it anyway. It's a friday the 13th film, it has Jason in it...thats good enough for me.

Hell, all of the films are garbage...what does that have to do with anything. :rotfl

I guess it depends on how you feel about Slasher films.... as nearly all of them had bad actors and directors. Especially in the 70's and 80's when no respectable director would touch the subject. The only ones we really had with talent were John Carpenter, Wes Craven and Clive Barker.... And it shows in their work. F13th never had a good director, but I still think the first 4 hold up pretty good.... even being chopped up by the censors.

I don't think the Friday films could be classified as "garbage" though, that's a little harsh. That term could be more comfortable with Killer Klowns from Outer Space or Silent Night, Deadly Night. Those movies were at least close enough in utter badness to use that word.

F13th is a classic.... don't judge the earlier films by the horridness of the last few.

Can I say a few things here....

1:JGTH sucked. Period!

2:I watch JGTH anyways cause its a Jason flick.

3: Denger has made it a personal mission to pick a fight with any Krusader he can.

4:Kurgan rules.

5:Methos was lame.

6:JGTH still sucks

Thank you for your time!

Edit: D with : in front makes a :D so I had to change that back to a D

King Darkness said:
Can I say a few things here....

1:JGTH sucked. Period!

2:I watch JGTH anyways cause its a Jason flick.

3:Denger has made it a personal mission to pick a fight with any Krusader he can.

4:Kurgan rules.

5:Methos was lame.

6:JGTH still sucks

Thank you for your time!

agreed! :lol

denger4000 said:
I'm called all these names yet I have not attacked anything you guys liked.

No one's calling you names! This is officially a dumb conversation. I can't believe feathers are getting ruffled over a movie where a guy feasts on Jason's pulsating black heart.

Like, don't like, whatever. Just don't ask everyone to agree!

denger4000 said:
I'm called all these names yet I have not attacked anything you guys liked.
True, but you did praise something that most people didn't like which is attacking their dislike of something.:D Also, you referred to the Kurgan in a sarcastic manner, which can't possibly be right, cause the KURGAN rules and what not.

I was predicting a respone. I like the Kurgan just fine, i also like everything else Highlander(Well, not HL2) which seems to bother people for some reason.

Back