so how long do you think it'll take for the Pre-Order faux bronze statues to sell out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew I would have to repeat myself again...

Why US collectors waited so long to get these, I don't know. Perhaps Sideshow has made Bowen and this line more popular?

But since Bowen does not sell outside US, us European collectors have no other way of getting these statues at retail but to buy them from SSC.

Boy, do I wish the US collectors would already have their share of these, that would leave the EU and international collectors with a better chance of getting something which is otherwise difficult to get. But, unfortunately a lot of flippers know now, and they are looking at a good profit selling them on Ebay.

Sadly a lot of peoople will get these to flip :( . I just want Spiderman and DD, can't them from Bowen because I live in the UK, so I have to resort to resellers who mark it up a little more.

I don't fancy my chances muuch at getting one of them...much less both.

Its the Hard Hero Hulk and Namor
243514715.jpg

Those HH statues look 100 times better than the normal ones all bronzed up :D

that Hulk is pretty sweet.

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of those pieces the starting point for Bowen going for some faux bronze designs as well after he saw them??

Those HH statues look 100 times better than the normal ones all bronzed up :D

that Hulk is pretty sweet.

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of those pieces the starting point for Bowen going for some faux bronze designs as well after he saw them??

These were done right after Dan painted up the Bowen Hulk for another member here, that was the first piece that got it started.

These were done right after Dan painted up the Bowen Hulk for another member here, that was the first piece that got it started.

so you're saying bowen saw dan's bronze hulk and decided to do others in the marvel line?

so you're saying bowen saw dan's bronze hulk and decided to do others in the marvel line?

Yup, Thats what happened. Dan has been doing paintmasters for Bowen for the last couple of years and he came up with the idea for this paint job and tried it out on the Bowen Hulk and then RB decided to produce it so in fairness to the guy that it was done for he painted up another piece for him and it was the spiderman and that got the ball rolling on all of these paintups.
Bowen liked the look of these so well he then decided to do a run of some of his classic sculptures in small runs and it looks like they are all very well received.

Yup, Thats what happened. Dan has been doing paintmasters for Bowen for the last couple of years and he came up with the idea for this paint job and tried it out on the Bowen Hulk and then RB decided to produce it so in fairness to the guy that it was done for he painted up another piece for him and it was the spiderman and that got the ball rolling on all of these paintups.
Bowen liked the look of these so well he then decided to do a run of some of his classic sculptures in small runs and it looks like they are all very well received.

wow, that's interesting stuff. who knew faux bronze of marvel characters would be so popular?

What link is it going to be at, just the bowen home page? Someone please help, I'm at work and don't have that email.

Edit: nevermind

Is the price at Sideshow the same as from Bowen site for these?

How much more expensive (I've never bought a bowen piece)?

Back