Snow White & the Huntsman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought she played a decent Snow. She played her naive, but not so incredibly naive and idiotic that its basically an insult to women (like the Snow in Once Upon a Time and the original animation).

K.S just seemed very similar as to how she played Belle in Twilight. Same character but in a different film. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but as a lead I just didnt find her very intriguing. I do think she's a very pretty girl though & fitted the character well in appearance. Just too dull for me. Glad there's people who did enjoy her performance though

I have seen this movie twice and I love it. I think it's very excellent. Kristen was a bit better than her boring role as Bella in the Twilight movies, but she still could have been much better. I would have liked to have seen a different actress as Snow, maybe someone like Emma Stone who has more charisma.

Charlize was amazing as the Queen and I really enjoyed Chris as the huntsman. The dwarves were great too and the movie displayed gorgeous scenery, awesome special effects and some good action sequences. Overall, I would give it 7.5/10.

I like the movie. I wish there was more of Charlize Theron though. The transformation of her from old to young is quite stunning.

Spoiler Spoiler:
That was probably the best part of the movie. I thought Kristen Stewart was good. A very different interpretation of what we know Snow White should be. I found it strange though why she and everyone else wore armors but she was the only one not wearing the helmet piece? Doesn't make sense if your going into battle.

The enchanting forest scene was quite visual too.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Review:

It had it's visual moments and cool stuff I enjoyed. Troll fight, the Fairy Forest, the landscapes and design.

It was trying to be "epic" in many ways, but fell short for me with uneven editing and pacing. I was squirming in my seat many times and really just wanted the movie to be over already.

Charlize was pretty good as the Queen, but again some cheesy moments and funky scenes jumping all over the place with some of the editing, threw alot of the movie off balance for me.

K.S just seemed very similar as to how she played Belle in Twilight. Same character but in a different film. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but as a lead I just didnt find her very intriguing. I do think she's a very pretty girl though & fitted the character well in appearance. Just too dull for me. Glad there's people who did enjoy her performance though

KStew always has the exact same look on her face: a blank stare coupled with her mouth hanging open, as if she has adenoid problems. I really dont think she is capable of a "range" of acting: that would require her changing her facial expression, which is obviously just too much work for her to contemplate.

In a movie, in a magazine, on the red carpet: blank empty eyes and mouth hanging open. Not impressed.

I'm curious to hear what you think. I found her to be the only thing of interest in an otherwise unbalanced oddly edited film.

Back