Snow White & the Huntsman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It had no sound of its own and was too subdued, it should have been more aggressive. I think a lot of movie scores have been this way lately. Used to be pretty much every movie like this had a score worth listening to, but in the last few years it's been getting less and less. Like how Transformers 2 + 3 weren't as good as 1, and Iron Man 2 wasn't as good as the first. And I can't even remember what the soundtrack sounded like to Thor, Captain America, or The Avengers. But I can remember something like X-Men First Class which was pretty unique.

Can't say I agree. Have all of those and enjoy them all. The weakest of the group is probably x-men. Thor is an outstanding OS and up there for me with lotr, SW, Indy, etc. Cap is pretty damn good as well and totally captures the feel of the movie. That's why I like this OS because it's aggressive where it needs and soft where it needs. I can listen to it and not be taken out of the enjoyment by something too strong where it's not needed.

Last edited:
I just watched this lastnight & I thought it was ok. Kristen Stewart is a poor actress IMO, which is kinda a problem as she's the lead in this, I find her very dull & awkward. Chris Hemsworth was quite good though the best bit of the film was the dwarves for me.

I agree with darthviper about the score.

Back in the day these kinds of movies *always* had great a memorable scores.

Conan the Barbarian
The Dark Crystal
The Neverending Story
Legend
Willow
even the crappy Dragonheart
and of course the Lord of the Rings

All I remember music-wise from SWATH was that they used heavy percussion when horses were charging as a way of sounding dramatic. It was cool in parts but I agree the score was very lacking which was too bad.

I don't have any hopes for Kristen Stewart being a good part of this movie. Her roles all seem the same, the awkward, mumbling girl. I am going to see the movie for Charlize and Chris.

Just watched.... Wasn't bad...

Great to see all the Brit actors as the Dwarfs..

We enjoyed it.

7/10

5.75/10

My wife was all excited for this movie was was let down. I thought it was boring and drug out way too long. Thor, Bella and Charlize did alright. Figuring out who the Dwarves were was the highlight of the flick.

That said, I'm sure it was much better than the awful, terrible looking Julia Roberts movie.

I saw this last night with my fiance and we both enjoyed it. I thought it was very well done for having a very light "the chosen one" storyline. Acting and cinematopgraphy were good. This is the best I've seen for one of these fable re-do flicks.

It did drag at times, not super charged with energy by any means, but overall I thought it was worth my time.

I think the soundtrack is pretty decent after a few listens.

This is my favourite, so haunting.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbAkhsKbjk[/ame]

Well, $55 million for the weekend was enough to make this number 1...kinda happy for Kristen Stewart. With all the haters that love to hate her, being her can't be easy!

KS made for a great Snow White. No small task considering the "fairest of all" scrutiny that any actress would have to undergo in such a role. I liked her in SWATH more than Mia Sara in Legend.

I'm curious to see if Disney does indeed land Natalie Portman for the role for "Snow White and the Seven." Portman supposedly bowed out originally due to her pregnancy and the director moved on to the Hunger Games sequel so we'll see if they still try to get that one greenlit.

Honestly, KS ruined it for me. She just has a smug look about her. Not very 'fair' or Snow White-ish to have played this role. Maybe if she would have smiled, or at least not looked like she was smelling bad cheese through the whole film....I never saw any of the Twilight films (nor ever care to), so I don't have that acting to weigh with this. But honestly, she's not a great actress. Maybe as a mean girl she'd be amazing, but not as Snow White.

Chris was amazeballs and highly amusing. Charlize was also incredible. Loved the dwarves and picking out who was who. Overall, I liked the film but would have loved it if any other actress had played Snow White.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm curious to see if Disney does indeed land Natalie Portman for the role for "Snow White and the Seven." Portman supposedly bowed out originally due to her pregnancy and the director moved on to the Hunger Games sequel so we'll see if they still try to get that one greenlit.

I thought Disney cancelled Snow White and the Seven? :dunno

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's the magic of a fairytale :D

Honestly, KS ruined it for me. She just has a smug look about her. Not very 'fair' or Snow White-ish to have played this role. Maybe if she would have smiled,

Well she was obviously supposed to be more on a Joan of Arc-style Snow White as opposed to an obliviously gleeful girl who skips around with birds. If she looked happy all the time she wouldn't seem very sympathetic to the plight of her kingdom. That said I do recall her smiling with the girl on the dock, while dancing with the dwarf and also approaching that stag.

Back