Smaug the Golden - Faux Bronze - NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've tried the site but no mention of a cancellation fee on a preorder? Anyone know before I email them?

I couldn't find this info on their website either so I emailed them about it the other day before I "dared" to place my order. Not that I plan to cancel but who knows what your personal finances will be like next year when it's about to ship... The answed I received was this:

"Thank you for your email.
We do not have cancelleation fee's for these lower priced items.
Payment is not processed until the item is in stock and ready for dispatch.
If you change your mind after placing an order, just email us and we will cancel your order."

"We do not have cancelleation fee's for these lower priced items.
If you change your mind after placing an order, just email us and we will cancel your order."

Well, that couldn't be any more simple could it.

I do remember reading somewhere about Reepicheep, that if they had any cancellations, ppl signed up on the newsletter would hear about it first and have the first chance to grab him.

I would love to order this right now, but I don't have a credit card. :(

I'll have to try and get someone I know to use theirs before it sells out...:banghead

I couldn't find this info on their website either so I emailed them about it the other day before I "dared" to place my order. Not that I plan to cancel but who knows what your personal finances will be like next year when it's about to ship... The answed I received was this:

"Thank you for your email.
We do not have cancelleation fee's for these lower priced items.

Thanks for that Gwindor, and welcome!

I was poking around the Weta site yesterday looking for a cancellation fee. I didnt find anything, but I thought F it, and tossed it in the cart anyway, ridding all involved with my indecision!!
This is just too nice a piece to let pass, it would be folly.

On another note, I hope there is a nice nameplate on the front. Anyone else with me on that?

I disagree with you on that one! :eek:

It would detract from the museum look of the piece :banana

Thanks for that Gwindor, and welcome!

I was poking around the Weta site yesterday looking for a cancellation fee. I didnt find anything, but I thought F it, and tossed it in the cart anyway, ridding all involved with my indecision!!
This is just too nice a piece to let pass, it would be folly.

On another note, I hope there is a nice nameplate on the front. Anyone else with me on that?

I'm afraid i have to disagree on that one. Personally i think it looks classier with the simple wooden base. :dunno

I see what you guys mean, and partially agree.....

I just looked at the PF nameplates, which arent bad.....but I agree, less "museum" like.

I think it COULD look nice, if it was a seperate, antiqued metal plate......maybe with some hammered details, with some depth....you know, not just flat with the name etched, but rather recessed hammering with raised script.......

Either way, gimme the damn Smaug!!

I'll agree with you on that! :lol And i think it is a great ed size choice by weta. Not too many, so it will still be sought after, but not too few.

Okay, i've now managed to place my order! :chew:chew

Really looking forward to this now, and I think i'll probably be ordering Eowyn as well when that is released. It's a slippery slope...:sick :lol

And I also want to say thank you to Weta as well, for listening to fans and producing the faux-bronze alternatives. :rock:rock

And I also have a question for Weta, or if anybody knows, is this licence restricted to The Hobbit and LOTR, or does it encompass the Silmarillion artwork as well?

3769918923_a798da3656_o.jpg

3769720458_815b3be3f9_o.jpg

I really need to stay out of this thread before I buy this thing. And your pictures aren't helping, gabberjawa! :duh :D

Hi Anubis

Just answering a few questions ;

Weta only takes payment when the item is in stock and we are ready to ship. If you cancel before your item is in stock, there are no cancellation fees. We will keep you updated on the timing of shipping in our free e-mail newsletters. You can sign up for them here : https://www.wetanz.com/insideweta/newsletter

This license does not include Silmarillion artwork

Cheers

Tim

Back