Smaug the Golden - Faux Bronze - NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well from the side perspective the wings look too small, better in the other views but still way too small really, unless your Smaug doesn't fly. I guess it breaks down to preference but the bright colors, gold and cubic gem stone make that thing look way too tacky. I do like the head on this one, I prefer the more feathery/dinosaur/lion-like head on my dragons. The Howe head is ok but the wings are more realistic in terms of scaling. But honestly this piece just looks like any old dragon to me.

But honestly this piece just looks like any old dragon to me.

but tolkien's smaug is suppose to be a traditional dragon, of course it's open to everyone interpretation being only text. However all the paintings/drawings of smaug points to a classic serpent like dragon with long neck and red/yellow color.

who knows what the movie version will look like i am sure it will be more modern/epic, but i am very happy with the franklin sculpt/interpretation of the classic smaug in the books.

smaug_treasure_02-thumb-550x513-60267.jpg

Smaug will look a lot like Howe's interpretation because,

A) He's on the art team.

B) He's the artist behind the "flying steeds" and both need to appear belonging to the same world.

I think a number of changes will still be made, especially to the head because I assume we'll see Smaug articulating words.

Smaug will look a lot like Howe's interpretation because,

A) He's on the art team.

B) He's the artist behind the "flying steeds" and both need to appear belonging to the same world.

I think a number of changes will still be made, especially to the head because I assume we'll see Smaug articulating words.

I love the How piece, to the point that I bought a bronze of it, but it doesn't scream blockbuster to me either. But you may be right, the head is what needs tweaking, a bit more character to it. We shall see soon enough, or not really given the triple showing.

wow the neck is really short, is that confirmed to be smaug in the hobbit movie? or maybe they only using the head part of it? I am sure most of it will be cgi.

Smaug for me in the Hobbit is much more than the appearance of what he looks like(although it helps)...He can talk talk too and believe it or not his acting must be good too...He's not just some monster roaring....I'm so curious..

I always liked this one too...picked it up for 40 bucks a while back...I wish he had front legs though
IMG_2591.jpg

Just got this...I like it and think it would be an awesome smaug...I will touch it up myself soon

Jewels! He needs JEWELS on his belly and chest otherwise Bard made it up about hitting a 'small, uncovered patch on the breast' to impress the ladies about his bowmanship! :lecture
:lol

Back