SMALLVILLE: Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How'd you like the premiere?
SPOILERS

Okay - I like Chloe's new powers and where they're going with her as a character. I like Oliver being a regular - it's about time Clark got a buddy again. Might be some nice sexual tension too, since Lois and Clark are obviously going to heat up and Oliver's already tapped that. Liked the League, I hated Canary in her premiere, but she's okay within the team.

Didn't like that they just ignored Kara being gone. I'd assumed she'd still be on the show, but she's not in the credits. I don't like the new baddie lady. I don't like that Jonn lost his powers?

And worst of all - really missing Rosenbaum already.

SPOILERS

Okay - I like Chloe's new powers and where they're going with her as a character. I like Oliver being a regular - it's about time Clark got a buddy again. Might be some nice sexual tension too, since Lois and Clark are obviously going to heat up and Oliver's already tapped that. Liked the League, I hated Canary in her premiere, but she's okay within the team.

Didn't like that they just ignored Kara being gone. I'd assumed she'd still be on the show, but she's not in the credits. I don't like the new baddie lady. I don't like that Jonn lost his powers?

And worst of all - really missing Rosenbaum already.

Yep, really already miss him. Don't like the new CEO chick. It's funny, just because she's CEO of LutherCorp doesn't give her the authority to go into Lex's House and start running things from there, I found that funny. And the omitting of Kara did seem odd, but on the plus side, NO LANA !!!! LOTS of LOIS !!!!!

SPOILERS

Kara's gone this season, Laura Vandervort confirmed when Season 8 info came out ealier in the year she wouldnt be involved, they are going to wrap up her storyline later in the season, she confirmed at the fan expo in Toronto she will be filing an episode in October to finish up her storyline. Assumingly after that the best addition to the show will be gone.

She also said there were talks about a Supergirl spin off show but they didnt work out.

Kara will be in a couple of episodes later this season to wrap up her storyline.

I liked the premiere a lot, especially how it sets up the future. Smallville premieres typically are great for 35 minutes and then the story kind of gets set back to a starting point and it goes back to the same old business. But this one, there's actual movement, things are changing, and that's awesome. I love where they're taking Chloe. Bringing the League back and making them regulars will be a great addition to the show. And finally, Welling is really kind of taking charge here, finally moving the character forward.

What surprised me most was that I really wasn't missing Lex and Rosenbaum at all. It was time for that character to make an exit. I really think the show's better with his absence. The only problem I had with the premiere was the new Lexcorp CEO. It just...they need to either do something vital with this character and with Lexcorp or just drop the whole thing.

Without Rosenbaum as Lex it's like this show doesn't exist for me. He kept me watching after the show had mostly gone stale in my eyes.

Kara will be in a couple of episodes later this season to wrap up her storyline.

I liked the premiere a lot, especially how it sets up the future. Smallville premieres typically are great for 35 minutes and then the story kind of gets set back to a starting point and it goes back to the same old business. But this one, there's actual movement, things are changing, and that's awesome. I love where they're taking Chloe. Bringing the League back and making them regulars will be a great addition to the show. And finally, Welling is really kind of taking charge here, finally moving the character forward.

What surprised me most was that I really wasn't missing Lex and Rosenbaum at all. It was time for that character to make an exit. I really think the show's better with his absence. The only problem I had with the premiere was the new Lexcorp CEO. It just...they need to either do something vital with this character and with Lexcorp or just drop the whole thing.

I can agree that I like the new direction they are taking with Clark. Making him work at the Planet and being next to Lois, their interaction at the end really reminded me of the Lois/Clark interaction (even though Clark was less mild-mannered, which I liked).

It did seem that they replaced with Lex with an evil chick version of himself, that's less interesting, but I guess you have to have a "villain".

On a side note...does anyone else still feel that Lionel's "death" still has something left to say about it? It happened so fast AND off screen, that I thought there was going to be something more to it. I mean, he was on the show for years, and then they just snuff him out like he's an extra to the show or something.

I miss Vandervoort more than I miss Rosenbaum. I was expecting her to be in this season....im pretty bummed to find out now that she's done.

However I always loved the Lois and Clark dynamic in the show. Some of the funniest and wittiest moments.

laura_vandervoort_4.jpg

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Ok wtf....after finding that pic above, came across these https://celebritysleaze.wordpress.c...ndervoort-in-tiny-string-bikini-on-movie-set/

and realized that i was there while they were filming this movie Into the blue 2?. It's shot in waikiki beach near a popular spot called walls. My wife and I was there at the beach that day and happened to see a camera crew filming etc, we didnt see anyone famous, just seemed like they were doing a lot of extras shots at the time. but now seeing the pics it made me remember that day.

You can see in this pic of Laura, the banner of the guy serving a volleyball in the background.
lauravandervoortbikiniigy4.jpg

Here's a pic my wife took that day.

11111wd1.jpg

2222aw3.jpg

Damn, too bad I didnt get to see Laura. :monkey2

Fear not, nash, your blonde bombshell will return for a couple of episodes as Supergirl later this season. ;)

Finally! Finally! Clark is off the farm! :mexwave

Seeing Clark being proactive and not hiding on that empty farm was a huge breath of fresh air. I'm very optimistic about this season.

Finally! Finally! Clark is off the farm! :mexwave

Seeing Clark being proactive and not hiding on that empty farm was a huge breath of fresh air. I'm very optimistic about this season.

Yea, I really enjoyed that myself. Odd, that how Clark met Lex was the same way he met the new CEO chick (don't remember her name), nice parallel there; but I don't see her as a "villain" as akin to Lex.

It was an interesting way to introduce Doomsday, wonder why he went all fetal on the ground there at the end.

Despite harking back to the "krypto-freak of the week" this was a pretty good episode. Seeing Clark in full Superman mode (sans cape) and the interplay with Lois looks like it could be promising.

It's still a wonder that people live in Smallville and commute to Metropolis to work, despite the supposed 3 hour drive. Really stupid when Ms. Lex says she's taking the bus to work. It now appears that Smallville is just a Metropolis suburb.

And there goes my theory about Doomsday not getting spikey until mid-season. Which is a good thing - let's see him and Clark kick some ass.

That was a great episode. Looks like the lack of Gough and Millar will be a good thing this year as I think they were holding the series back at this point. In only two episodes, the series as matured so well this season.

And it looks like they're going to be keeping the somewhat traditional physical appearance of Doomsday later on this season. Neat.

I just saw John Schneider (Papa Kent) at the movies [weird, seen him twice, both in movies anyway...] talked to him for a little bit, and he said that he might return for a few episodes this coming up season. :rock:rock:rock:rock

Kinda off subject, but he was driving a new Dodge Charger with the paint job of the General Lee, it was awesome. But he didn't jump through the window :monkey2

Hey, that's cool he has a new model Charger with the General Lee paint on it. I know some ten or more years ago they showed him on Entertainment Tonight that he had a 1969 orange Dodge Challenger that looked exactly like the Dukes Of Hazzard General Lee in his garage at home! Sweet! I love that car! :D

Plus, I like him alot as an actor. I thought he was perfect for the role of Jonathan Kent. It'll be nice to see him again this season even if it's in one of Clark's flashbacks or something like that.

Last edited:
Hey, that's cool he has a new model Charger with the General Lee paint on it. I know some ten or more years ago they showed him on Entertainment Tonight that he had a 1969 orange Dodge Charger that looked exactly like the Dukes Of Hazzard General Lee in his garage at home! Sweet! I love that car! :D

Plus, I like him alot as an actor. I thought he was perfect for the role of Jonathan Kent. It'll be nice to see him again this season even if it's in one of Clark's flashbacks or something like that.

Nicest guy in the world and I thought he was great on Smallville. He really brought a lot to the role and was perfectly cast.

Funnily though he's horrible on Confessions of a American Teenager. Saw a couple of episodes and his acting was really bad. But almost every single person on that show is either really poorly directed or the worst actors working on tv today.

Another solid episode tonight. This show is better than it's been in a long time. I'm actually enjoying it again and not just watching out of habit.

They really need to spin Green Arrow off into his own show after this season. He's been a consistently strong, interesting character, and the actor does a great job with him.

it was excellent seeing the origin (well, kinda) of Green Arrow.
:rock :rock
just a little nitpick thing, but really, after two years he SHOULD have had a beard.
not that it had to be the Errol Flynn, but something a little more than four days of stubble.
or did he use the flint chips into a razor? :D

Last edited:
Another solid episode tonight. This show is better than it's been in a long time. I'm actually enjoying it again and not just watching out of habit.

They really need to spin Green Arrow off into his own show after this season. He's been a consistently strong, interesting character, and the actor does a great job with him.

hellz yeah!!

Solid episode last night. Hartley as Arrow is just spot-on. This guy's going places. And I like that they still managed to give everyone something to do even though this was Hartley's show. Very strong. Next week looks really good.

Ya, 3 solid episodes in a row - that almost never happens in Smallville history. Mercy (hell yeah!) could end up being a great character. Is Hope far behind?

And Hartley does deserve his own show - if you haven't downloaded Mercy Reef (Aquaman) from itunes - go get it! He was a great Arthur Curry. I was sure that making him a regular this year was going to lead to a spin-off, but I thought that about Kara too.

Back