SMALLVILLE: Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, 3 solid episodes in a row - that almost never happens in Smallville history. Mercy (hell yeah!) could end up being a great character. Is Hope far behind?

And Hartley does deserve his own show - if you haven't downloaded Mercy Reef (Aquaman) from itunes - go get it! He was a great Arthur Curry. I was sure that making him a regular this year was going to lead to a spin-off, but I thought that about Kara too.

I may be stupid, but I never connected MERCY with Tess Mercer before Oliver called her that. Seemed obvious too, but I never put it together. :slap:slap:slap:slap

As for the Green Arrow Spin-Off, I don't know, he seems like Batman without the dark and broading tragic backstory. It might work, but I don't know.

I may be stupid, but I never connected MERCY with Tess Mercer before Oliver called her that. Seemed obvious too, but I never put it together. :slap:slap:slap:slap

As for the Green Arrow Spin-Off, I don't know, he seems like Batman without the dark and broading tragic backstory. It might work, but I don't know.

Ollie's parents were killed by Lionel Luthor - pretty tragic backstory, although he's better adjusted than Bruce. They've got such a well established DC universe (although without Bruce) that I think there's huge potential to keep it running after Smallville ends, which it has to do either this season or next.

I definately missed the Mercy reference in that way. What I thought was interesting though, has anyone been reading Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps?

In green lantern #7 and #8 Hal Jordan and oliver Queen fight "Black Mercy plants" that drain the life from you, while projecting visions of your perfect life into your mind. In green lantern Corps the lanterns fight "Mother Mercy" which is a sentient plant. You find out that her offspring have traveled to different worlds to feed and can make you relive your deepest fears or your perfect life.

I thought it was interesting that they implimented the name "Mercy" into the episode that dealt with deadly plants that cause you to relive both the worst and best thing to ever happen to you.

What's with the red X? I'm clueless.

All in all, a great episode. This is shaping up to be the best season. I love the direction the show is taking. It's finally feeling more like Superman and less like Clark Kent.

What's with the red X? I'm clueless.

All in all, a great episode. This is shaping up to be the best season. I love the direction the show is taking. It's finally feeling more like Superman and less like Clark Kent.

I thought maybe it was a hint at a character from the Teen Titans cartoon called Red X who was a master thief. It's probably not, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.

And I agree, this season has been awesome so far.

I thought maybe it was a hint at a character from the Teen Titans cartoon called Red X who was a master thief. It's probably not, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.

And I agree, this season has been awesome so far.

Red X would make sense. They like to bring in the more obscure DC characters for guest spots and they've already had one Teen Titan (Cyborg) on the show.

Red X would make sense. They like to bring in the more obscure DC characters for guest spots and they've already had one Teen Titan (Cyborg) on the show.

I just thought it was Lex since he is supposed to be a guest spot on the show a few episodes.

I'm sure it's not the X from the Titans tv show. He's not a character in the comics. I agree it's probably Lex.

And another strong episode - Maxima was well cast, they continued the mythology plotline and it played in strongly to the episode plot. We got some great character moments for both Clark, Lois, Chloe and Jimmy and major leaps forward in the Lois & Clark relationship. Erica is doing her best work yet.

I just hope they can keep this going for 22 episodes. And to think I wanted this show put out of it's misery after last season.

Loved Maxima!! So hot and thought it was a cool way to cast someone for Clark to play off of with his powers. It's was cool to see L&C jumping off like DLD said. She definitely has the hots for old "Farm Boy".

I'm sure it's not the X from the Titans tv show. He's not a character in the comics. I agree it's probably Lex.

And another strong episode - Maxima was well cast, they continued the mythology plotline and it played in strongly to the episode plot. We got some great character moments for both Clark, Lois, Chloe and Jimmy and major leaps forward in the Lois & Clark relationship. Erica is doing her best work yet.

I just hope they can keep this going for 22 episodes. And to think I wanted this show put out of it's misery after last season.

I agree that the show has been pretty strong so far this year but they should have really been at this point in the story/show progression a couple of seasons ago. Now, if Clark would just fly already....

Maxima was indeed a babe. As for who the X is, why would Lex say "YOU'RE NOT READY"...seems like a weird thing to say.

True - more I thought about it, the more I think it could only be Brainiac.

Or perhaps Ollie?

If it was Lex, how would he get in to actually steal it, with everybody thinking he was dead (maybe he hired somebody I guess). Seems hard for someone like Lex Luthor to hide out without being seen. Don't think Ollie even knows anything about the crystal; actually, lex doesn't know what it is either, he didn't know that it was that which built the fortress and etc...BUT it guess it wouldn't be too difficult for him to know it was something alien with it being in the fortress and all.

It has to be brainiac.

It's not Lex. I'm 99% sure it's not. Why would Oliver leave a red X? Red X or Brainiac, I say. But I haven't heard anything about Marsters returning.

I've been a HUGE fan of Smallville since the first episode. I've got seasons 1 - 7 on DVD. Since Superman is my favorite superhero, I gave this show a chance and I've really enjoyed it! :D Now, are we ever going to see Clark as Superman now that it's in it's rumored "final" season? I know about the old "no flight no tights" thing. Now with Millar and Cough off of the show...is there a slim chance? We've already seen Clark flying, even though as "Kal-El". :confused: I am hoping for at least one shot of Tom Welling in a new Superman suit. Not some stupid black one, but the traditional blue and red suit. I liked how Bryan Singer made the new Superman suit. Something like that would be great!

As for this season so far....yeah...it rocks! I got a rumor from T.V. Guide about Chloe and Jimmy's wedding during the November "sweeps", but I'm afraid it's a pretty big SPOILER! I am not sure if I should say it here, or not.

It's not Lex. I'm 99% sure it's not. Why would Oliver leave a red X? Red X or Brainiac, I say. But I haven't heard anything about Marsters returning.

Well, with Chloe's latest "affliction," they don't necessarily need Marsters.

Good point, Dave. Chloe being Brainiac would certainly bring more conflict into the show!

Back